5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, superior seller!
Published 8 months ago by William Buckley

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright unit but does not work as advertised.
Just having a few problems with this items. its not my first unit and this is the only one that Hashes at 6Gh/s on sha on script it does hash at 300. So im not sure why it does not hash at 12Gh/s for sha.
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, superior seller!, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Gridseed ASIC Miner for Litecoin and Bitcoin Mining (Personal Computers)
I got some of these units in from this seller and they were shipped fast and have been performing solidly after deployment. It's amazing that these scrypt ASIC units use 1/10 of the power that GPUs will for the same amount of hash power. Setup wasn't bad and there are more materials out by the day to help. If you are in the market for this product so you can ditch your energy eating GPUs, this is a great seller!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gridseed ASIC, April 25, 2014
I heard news of this thing and decided to buy one. Boy was I surprised. It can crank out about 350KH/s Scrypt mining power on under 10 watts of power! I've been waiting for one of these things for quite some time. But I have a few warnings for the potential buyer of one of these...

One: Don't expect it to be easy (or even possible) to mine SHA256d coins with this. They say it can mine Bitcoin, but the configuration required to do so on a Windows machine is tedious. I Googled for hours before I gave up on dual mining with this. Apparently my firmware is too new, or something.
Two: some of the software will run the SHA cores even without really using them, causing a 60W drain instead of 8 or 10. The right software is out there, just be careful.
Three: Restarting these chips isn't as easy as restarting the program. A lot of times you have to unplug it from the USB, and then power, and then put in power and then USB (in that order it works for me) before it'll start working. If you have or plan on getting more than one of these, keep that in mind.

Those tips there are why I give it 4 stars. I'm a bit disappointed in my unit's lack of BTC support (but maybe I got a dud, I don't know...) but I got it for Scrypt mining anyway. Be sure you do your research before you purchase this. It's a great design, but it can be a pain in the neck to get working just right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than advertised, May 7, 2014
Delivery by GAW Miners was on time. I get better than advertised LTC hash rate. Comes with mini-usb cable, but no power supply.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, April 22, 2014
So far working good

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's suppose to, August 2, 2014
Works fine, had the best luck with setup simply using Multiminer. Been plugging away at an effective rate of about 357Kh/s. I've had to restart it maybe a few times but for the most part it has no issues. Running with only 2% rejection rate on a multipool, and a mere 0.2% errors.

4.0 out of 5 stars High hash rate Good cooling system Small Doesn't burn through the floor Low ..., October 11, 2014
I reciever the miner very quickly. The seller shipped it and it arrived in 3 days.
The hashrate is quite ok, about 450 mhash/sec (overclocked to 850). I have the miner attached o a MOLEX adaptor in my computer. THESE DO NOT COME WITH A POWER ADAPTER. I got it set up in about 3 hours, and Im making about 40 dogecoins a day.

PROS:
High hash rate
Good cooling system
Small
Doesn't burn through the floor
Low power consumption

CONS:
Tricky to set up
Some software doesn't report hash rate
loud (not very loud, but loud enough to be annoying.

Is it worth it? No. Mining isnt profitable anymore. Is it fun? Yet. If you want to become part of an active community of cryptocurrency enthusiasts, this is the miner to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 10, 2014
Works Perfectly and received them very fast

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning how to mine .., July 9, 2014
From Box to hashing in like 2 minutes.. I would buy more but the ROI is very low now..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Miner and supplier, June 24, 2014
The Miner worked as expected and was delivered promptly, connected it up to a raspberry Pi and it sits hidden crunching away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good miner, September 18, 2014
snowphish "snowphish" (Colorado Springs, CO USA) - See all my reviews
these are nice little miners. I use mine for litecoin and get a consistent 377 Kh/s out of this. I got this used and have had no problems at all with it. fairly quick shipping considering I did not pay extra for quick shipping.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›