Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on August 28, 2012
$5.99 and free shipping? You're kidding right? This is a joke, yes? Well, it is not. This is a really great cover! My mom just got a free iPad with her credit card points and so OF COURSE she needs a form of protection for it. She can be a bit clumsy and since she works in a flower shop, her hands are not always the cleanest.

The case is really nice leather, faux leather? I can never tell. But it is of good quality. It is not luxuriously soft or anything but neither is it the cheap plastic-y like of leather. My mom is really happy with it and she likes that it can fold into a stand.

I would buy again, and I would recommend this to anyone who wants a decent case that isn't too ostentatious or tacky and is well constructed.

No, this is not a bought review.
on December 24, 2012
First off, this is an overall decent case for the money you spend: it is indeed lightweight but sturdy, and fits the FIRST GENERATION IPAD perfectly.

However. There are some things that just totally sell me on a case and this one lacks all three, two of which I will not state here because I knew those features weren't included but took a chance anyway. My only complaint to share is how the iPad is held inside the case. The flap that folds under is designed to keep the device in place but it doesn't work well wherever gravity is present. My iPad is constantly slipping down and I cannot hold it at a certain angle (home button on the right-hand side) without fearing that my iPad will slip clean out to greet whatever hard surface is below with a heart-wrenching clatter of glass and metal. What's more, the way the cover folds back to create the stand puts the flaky flap at the bottom to that touching the part of the iPad screen where a slider or volume control would be difficult because of the slippage.

I do not reccomend this case if you are a regular user of your iPad. Look elsewhere, for this case is simply unsafe for such an expensive item. The seller was great but the item itself has a poor design for security and accessibility.
on September 27, 2012
Hard to find cases for first generation iPad. This is the second one of these I have had and they are great. Product arrived quickly and in good condition.
on June 5, 2013
I can tell this folio will probably prematurely wear out, but it does the job.

I don't care for the dual tabs on the back which are meant to hold the cover in place when using the iPad. My previous similar folio from another manufacturer had only one, and it was much easier to use. You have to use both hands and twist the cover to get one side into the tab, then try to slide the other side into the other tab.

Then, sometimes the first one slides out. There isn't enough grip under the tabs to securely hold the cover in place. It tends to slide out.

But because of the low price, I am rating 3 stars.
on August 1, 2013
Start cracking from day 1. Worst buy from Amazon. Don't waste your money.
Given a second chance, I would buy a more expensive but reliable one.
on July 27, 2013
It fit my 1st gen iPad. The flaps on the back that help to support the cover when used as a stand are not good, they are hard to use and the cover does not stay in if the iPad is repositioned. The flap that holds the iPad itself inside the case are useless, as soon as you turn the ipad on its side to use the cover as a stand, the ipad slides out little by little-not secure at all. I would not recommend this if a small child uses it, as the ipad will probably fall out and get damaged. But for less than $10, its good as a temporary case or a very cheap alternative to the pricier versions. Since my child uses the ipad, I plan to just go ahead and spend more $ for a sturdier case.
on January 13, 2014
I bought this because I was broke and really needed something to protect my iPad. Well, it's worked out pretty well. As with most things on Amazon, you get what you pay for. This item does have some flaws, but for the price I think they're perfectly acceptable.
So, to begin, I have an iPad 2. I put a screen protector and a skin on it for some extra protection. This case is sturdy enough to protect your ipad, but isn't super functional. My iPad slides around in the case, but it doesn't ever fall out, so that is good. However, because it slides around, I can never use the camera function without having to take my iPad out of the case. I've been using this now for about two months and the faux leather is starting to kind of bubble where the divet is to make the case stand on its own (next to the Griffin imprint). Another thing, this definitely doesn't stand on its own. I've tried it on all kinds of different surfaces and at different angles, and it's just not possible with this case.
I know this is critical of the product, but I actually like it. I just needed something to protect my iPad while it goes adventuring with me in my purse or backpack, and for that it is perfect. So, if you're needing a cheap, dependable case, go for it.

ALSO, I've never dropped my iPad, so I can't vouch how well it protects it if dropped.
on May 2, 2013
Ipad slipped a bit in it and the case feels cheap, but the price is right if you just need some protection for the iPad 1.
on March 6, 2014
These are not worth the amount i paid. literally it does nothing,it is not sturdy enough to stand up your ipad, kick stand style, its beneficial if you plan to hold your ipad all the time or lay it flat on its back.
on October 1, 2014
Not what I expected from Griffin. Could even go with a 1 star, but one thing is does okay is protect it - which is the main goal I guess. However, ipad 1 does not fit well in this. Falls down into case where you can't use bottom of screen or even hit home button. In addition, I HATE the open type slots you use to prop up the pad if watching a movie, or just wanting to be hands free. It is very difficult to insert the case in both slots at the same time to make it work.
Would never recommend this case to anyone.