Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Griffin Elan Form Hard-Shell Leather Case for 80/120/160 GB iPod classic 6G (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 14, 2010
This case, simply put, is perfect for what I need it for and works well with my ipod 7th generation. It has no obstruction on the bottom so the dock is completely free, hence you can attach whatever peripherals you may want which is great because I often attach a bluetooth adapter to pair it to my Etymotic Research Ety8 Bluetooth Stereo Wireless In-Ear Earphones. The case itself fits with zero space between the case/ipod so it's got a very solid feel, and the hold switch and 3.5mm jack are also fairly accessible. The leather feels pretty good, clearly not premium quality but certainly not crappy pleather so often found in "leather" items. The screen protector is built into the face of the case and doesn't obstruct or alter the image. As for the "problem" of removing the case, I really can't understand where some of the other reviewers are coming from, taking it off (to clean away dust/debris/etc) is a breeze. You just look at the bottom right corner, pry the case apart with your fingers at that tiny built-in gap, and it pops off without issue.

Overall, you'd be hard pressed to find another ipod classic case of this quality for less than 8 bucks. Very satisfied.
on April 12, 2008
I am very pleased with this purchase of the leather case for my ipod. It protects the screen like I wanted and fits snugly around the ipod. I was concerned that it might keep coming off but I carry it around in my bag and have not had it come off, infact I have to make a concerted effort to remove it when I want to take it off.

I would definitely recommend this product.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon February 24, 2009
This is a good case, and offers moderate protection to the iPod. It fits very well, looks and feels great, and the leather covered plastic shell offers pretty good protection. It comes with 2 backs to fit the older and newer versions of the 6G iPods. Mine came with a slight flaw that prohibits me from giving it 5 stars though. The plastic screen protector on mine has a smudge on it that can't be removed. It is probably a quality control issue, and I've thought about exchanging it. So far, I'm living with it though. All in all, this is still a very good case.
on September 27, 2010
I bought the 7th gen 160gb about two weeks ago (9/12/2010) and was looking very very extensively online, Ebay and Amazon, for cases because my last Ipod was dying its last breath. So I stumbled across this, and honestly, the $2.49 price tag was the first thing that pulled at me...but let's get to the REAL review.
So when i opened up the box, there are two different back cases, one for the 80gb Ipod classic as well as the 160gb Ipod classic (I think the 160gb is the smaller one, you will figure it out whe you lock it in. There is one front cover that is a hard shell leather covering and has a screen on it so your original Ipod screen stays protected. So for protection and look, I give it a 4.9 out of 5. Putting on both covers took a bit of time because I was trying to see which back cover worked for my Ipod. Oh and the front and back cover is black like the picture.
Onto the accessibility. The best part I think about this case is that EVERYTHING is completely accessible. I'm talking about the "hold" button, the headphone port, the adapter jack on the bottom of the Ipod, and most importantly, the click wheel is perfectly accessible. So I would give the accessibility a 5 out of 5.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the speed and efficiency of the product and would like to thank the "1 to 3 shop" for sending me a wonderful Ipod case that I will keep for years to come.
on January 22, 2008
Reminds me a lot of my custom Vaja Designs case which I paid big bucks for. The dock connector is well exposed at the bottom, which is bad if you want full coverage, but great if you need to attach numerous peripherals without taking the case off. Happy with this purchase!
on September 10, 2009
I upgraded to a new 120GB Ipod and decided I had enough with the "usual cases". I read the reviews, and purchased this hard shell case. Not only does it look good, it protects the ipod just fine. If you are one that removes your ipod from its case frequently to dock it or whatever, this case might not be for you. The case, once it's on the ipod is very difficult to remove. This case is best for putting it on and leaving it on. The one problem I encountered was that my ipod would not fit into my Bose soundock with the case on. I use my Bose often. I debated whether to return it but was split, because it looked soooo good. I invested in a ipod dock extender cable from "Cable Jive" (here on Amazon) and problem solved. I never remove the ipod from its case and thus it's always protected and I dock it to my bose effortlessly.
on July 1, 2016
To be honest, I don’t have this case anymore. But when I did, I could rock out as hard as I wanted to and didn’t have to fear any damage coming to my beloved iPod Classic. Many a time did it fall from my grasp, clambering to the ground. As I watched in horror, my device plummeted toward the concrete. Not even the rocking ballads of David Lee Roth could quell my anxiety. Looking downward, I feared the inevitable death of my Pod, only to retrieve it, perfectly intact, with nary a scratch on the case. This thing was bullet proof. I could take long tandem bicycle rides down to the pier, with my iPod sitting in the stern. I never feared damage from a fall because this case protected so well. But, alas, I no longer have the case. I have searched far and wide for a replacement, but with each time my search came up empty. If anyone knows of a place where these cases still roam free, please let me know. I want to continue my unadulterated rocking, without fear of damaging my now dated device.
on April 5, 2012
I had been looking for a case that had a full cover, but the one I was looking at vanished from Amazon. I am glad I found this case instead.

I have a 160 GB classic. This case comes with two sizes of back pieces to accommodate two sizes of iPods. I don't know what type of iPod is thicker than my 7th Gen 160gb, but the slimmer size fits mine. The two halves snap together snugly around the iPod. The screen is completely covered with clear plastic. The wheel is not covered, but the thickness of the case around the wheel will help protect it from getting touched and/or clicked accidentally when you pick up the iPod.

The case is definitely genuine leather and seems like it will offer some cushioning if the iPod is dropped. It's not actually PADDED, but the case is plastic wrapped in leather, which is more cushioning than just plastic.

The case does not add a lot of bulkiness to the iPod, either. The first case I was looking at was more like a wallet. The case material for this Griffin case is only about 1/8 of an inch.
on October 10, 2012
I bought this case in 2009 for my new iPod Classic and it has held up great and saved my iPod from drops many times. It has been on my iPod for 3 years now and my iPod still looks like new. The case fits very snug and you don't have to worry about it coming off if you should drop your iPod. The opennings for the charger and headphones are in the right places and easy to access. If you want to keep your iPod safe this is the case to buy.
on May 23, 2012
I am a complete disaster when it comes to protecting my electronic devices. This is one simple and yet extremely affordable way to make sure I do not damage my new iPod. I have had a soft leather case for years on my old iPod and it worked very well bu this is "over the top" and ensures some additional safety for someone who really is not very good about taking care of their electonic devices.Griffin Elan Form Hard-Shell Leather Case for 80/120/160 GB iPod classic 6G (Black)