5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED REVIEW
Published on May 27, 2010 by TC

3.0 out of 5 stars helpful on the go
This product, like all other chargers, helps a lot when it comes down to a rapidly dying battery.
However, this item can be finicky, making you re-insert the cable into both the phone and cigarette lighter, or else it 'flashes' off and on as result to charging.
Pretty solid product minus that one detail.
Published 14 months ago by Floridadude

5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED REVIEW, May 27, 2010
TC (NC, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin PowerJolt SE 1 Amp Charger for iPhone and iPod (Black) (Electronics)
UPDATE 6/26/10---The description of this item has now been changed to reflect what the item truely is--and iphone/itouch/ipod charger---NOT an IPAD charger. Therefore, I am updating this review. I am not removing the review because I think that it may have been the reason the description got updated. I am changing my star rating to a 5 star now to reflect that this product is a great product and works perfectly as described. Griffin makes reliable charges.

Here is my original review--however it is not relevant because they are no longer calling it an ipad charger. Thank you to whoever updated the description.

Griffin sells IPAD car chargers and as of this date 5/27/10, they are not available on amazon. This is a 1 amp charger -- the ipad charger is a 2 amp charger. When you plug it in it says charging not supported on this device. Someone told me that apple will do a firmware update that will allow this to charge an ipad while it is in sleep mode and it will take a long time. That seems pretty useless to me--we want to watch video's in the car or use the gps feature or read books, play music, etc---you can't do that with this charger even if there is a firmware update.

Go to the manufacturer website and you can find the charger that actually works with an ipad.

3 stars = 0 stars for inaccurate description and not useful with an ipad. 5 stars if you just want it as an ipod and iphone charger--griffin chargers are awesome and durable. Unfortunately, the star system doesn't allow me to give the charger 5 stars for what it does and 0 stars for the false advertising.

If you do purchase this, you will receive a charger that clearly states on the box that it is for iphones and ipods. If you purchase the real charger for the ipad, it will say it on the package that it charges ipad, ipod, and iphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Charger!, June 9, 2012
Does what it is meant to do..charge your phone! Works perfect for my iPhone 4! The added light is a great way to know how much charge I have on my phone. It goes from Red to Amber to Green when it is completely charged

4.0 out of 5 stars Griffin Car Charger for iPad, iPhone, and iPod + Extra Power Outlet, June 30, 2010
I have been looking for a car charger that would charge all the "i-" devices. Happily, this unit fills the bill. It works great for both my iPhone and my iPod...and, according to documentation, will work for the iPad I hope soon to have in my Apple Fleet. (Note that I do not have an iPod and therefore have not tested this charger for iPad, as yet.) For my iPhone and iPod, it is effective, efficient. And best of all, it does not "plug up" my car's one charger outlet because the Griffin outlet cord comes from the side, leaving the top still available to plug in another electronic device. Say...my GPS!

A caution, however: use care in seating the "cover" on the extra outlet. I inadvertently pushed it too hard so it became "buried" in its socket. It was difficult to retrieve and put into its intended position. In my estimation the Extra Power Socket Cover needs a better "landing ledge" or a pull tab or both.

An adaptation that would improve the Griffin Charger is some sort of "hook" or "keeper" that could corral the cord, especially when the iPod is not attached. I like to leave it plugged in to my dash and the charger cord just dangels on the car floor. It would be so easy to provide some clip or coiling device to keep the cord neatly tucked out of harm's way.

Over all, I am happy with this product and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, June 13, 2014
So far it's working really well in my car to charge my iphone. I had my last Griffin for 3 years and it suddenly quit one day. But considering I use it 4-5 times a day, I decided to stick with the brand. So far so good.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA DO NOT BUY, September 2, 2013
Kenny B (Galloway, OH United States) - See all my reviews
Received the item quickly, plugged it in, and nothing. Dead on arrival. Gave one star because i had to in order to review it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken!, June 20, 2013
The black plastic pieces came off around the metal charger part. I only had it for a few months. Terrible!

3.0 out of 5 stars helpful on the go, June 4, 2013
Pretty solid product minus that one detail.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't even last a year, March 30, 2013
Waste of money, I have to buy a new cord because the connection to the cigarette lighter is frayed at the tip. The cord is too short and I'm really upset I bought this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 4, 2013
Works great. Not sure what else I can say , it's pretty basic and easy , plug phone in and it in and wala

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality, but comes up "short", November 12, 2012
This is a nice product that offers a convent way to charge your iPhone in your car. Mine even changes color depending on the battery status. The plug changes from red to yellow to green depending on the battery. Unfortunately only getting 3 start because it is a shorter cable that does make it difficult to use your phone while being plugged in.

Griffin PowerJolt SE  1 Amp Charger for iPhone and iPod (Black)
$19.99 $5.25