5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, Comfortable, Reliable
Update March 2012:
***************

After extensive use, I have found that the clear plastic screen becomes rigid and the result is the touchpad on the player doesn't respond well. My solution to this was to cut out a perfectly fitting window to the touchpad. The rest of what I said in my previous review still holds true.

***************...
Published on May 20, 2010 by Beshoy Latif

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap build, high price and few other Zune options
Purchased this armband at $29.99 which I felt was way overpriced at the time but due to frustration at the lack of available armbands for the Zune I closed my eyes and paid. Reviews said the Belkin band was too tight for my diesel arms :P so this was the only choice.

Published on October 3, 2008 by Plate stacker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap build, high price and few other Zune options, October 3, 2008
Plate stacker (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin Streamline Armband for Zune 4/8GB (Black) (Electronics)

The Zune is held in place with a thick black plastic front with see through plastic to access the controls. The back side of the casing is made of black elastic cloth material. It has two cuts at the bottom to plug in the USB sync cable and headphones. Overall it feels a bit cheap and because the backside is all elastic the holes don't line up exactly with the inputs on the Zune. You can still plug it in by sliding the elastic to the side and charge it in the case. It was a tight fit to get in and out the case.

Controlling the Zune through the plastic works fine only if you turn off the touch feature on the d-pad and use the normal click motion. The touch function is too sensitive for the plastic covering to work well.

The armband has plenty of adjustable room for me and will work for a guy with fairly big arms. Prolonged use while exercising will result in condensation inside the plastic. The back of the case is elastic cloth and gets wet when you sweat. This had me concerned about damaging my Zune.

For $30 when most armbands cost half that I expected better quality. Would have been fine with it until I did a long workout session and did not feel my device was being protected from moisture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, Comfortable, Reliable, May 20, 2010
Update March 2012:

***************

I was skeptical based on the reviews I read prior to buying this armband, but this really is the best bang for your buck.

The band itself is adjustable on both sides giving you plenty of slack to get the right tension in the band. The pouch is made of a nylon material that's elastic but doesn't stretch out of shape with use. With regard to the comment I read about the data/audio ports not being accessable and pushing on the data/audio cables, I've found that the connectors fit perfectly fine as long as you have the player pushed all the way into the sleeve.

With regard to the player's fit in the pouch, its quite snug. But I find that to be comforting because when I'm running its better to have the band and player together and snug against my arm than to have the player bouncing around in the case.

The touch pad works perfectly through the plastic cover and the screen has its regular level of illuminance through the protector.

2.0 out of 5 stars Killed my Zune after 1 year, August 11, 2010
At first, this seemed like a great item. It protected my Zune and I was still able to work the player through the plastic protection. But after a year of keeping my Zune in it while jogging, the constant perspiration actually dissolved the aluminum backing of the player because it doesn't breathe enough to keep the moisture out.

My Zune has a hole near where the ear phones plug in due to the corrosive elements of running in the Texas heat and sweating a lot. This armband will transfer your perspiration of your arm through the neoprene, and onto the Zune, causing the slow dissolving of the connection point at the base. I was amazed to see how the back of my Zune has been eaten away slowly over a year. I even would take it out every few weeks and clean the armband by soaking in mild soap and water, then letting it dry before putting my Zune back in. But it still allowed the corrosion. It happened suddenly too, apparently having been weakened over time until the base started flaking away in a matter of a few days.

So if you are a jogger, be warned: this armband slowly killed my Zune, and I didn't even realize it was doing this until it was too late.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fit but!!!, February 23, 2009
I was fortunate to only pay $7.50 for the Griffin Armband at a going out of business sale. I like the case a lot with the exception of the opening for plugging in the charging cable. You have to really force and tip the cable. Then it is tough to get the cable out. I was afraid I was going to break my Zune charging port. I finally took a Dremel and thinned out the plastic by at least 50%! Now the cable can easily be plugged in and removed. I love my modified armband.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally something for big arms, December 24, 2009
The best thing about this armband is that it fits big arms. I have tried three different armband and they all were to small. If you have big arms, it will fit. My arms are 18 inches and i still have about another two inches i can spare on the band which is great. Plus naturally the band will stretch out after time. The zune stays in the band really nice and i dont have a problem using the touch pad at all. Its tight in the sleave but its never gives me a problem if i dont lock the zune. In other words even though its tight against the touch pad the sound or the song does not change. The band slips a really little bit but nothing worth mentioning. It would of be nice if it had some rubber on the inside of the band so it wouldnt slip at all but isnt a deal breaker. I use it for running and lifting and it stays right were i leave it 99% of the time. If i were to put it a little tighter it probably wouldnt slip at all but i need the blood in my arm. Overall if you have a zune then this is an awesome armband that anybody would be happy to have.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good if you intend to leave the Zune in the armband., August 15, 2008
The product is pretty much what it claims, though a little pricey. I have two concerns, which result from the way I intended to use it. The fit of the Zune in the carrier is VERY tight. It takes some pushing and tugging to get it in. While the Zune is well-built, I was concerned about damaging it with repeated insertion and removal. If you intend to keep the Zune IN the armband, it is comfortable and protective.
The other concern is that the plastic cover makes fine use of the control button iffy. It often overshoots the intended entry and makes selection difficult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Griffin Streamline Armband, April 5, 2014
This is a great buy; armband works great with all the activities I perform in the GYM. Not to big and not to small just right for what I need to stay motivated in the GYM!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Griffin Streamline Armband for Zune 4/8GB, January 31, 2014
IZzI V. (New York City) - See all my reviews
It's okay, If you happen to use this very often like I do for running, the Velcro after awhile does tend to wear off after a year or so. When I say wear off, I mean the Velcro after some period of time will not firmly attach itself when your positioning the armband on your arm.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it!!, January 16, 2014
I read the reviews and was excited to get this. It doesn't fit my zune. Even if I pushed and pushed at the risk of breaking my zune it wouldn't fit in here. Ughhhhh

4.0 out of 5 stars Got the wrong one, January 7, 2014
I thought that I had gotten an armband for the Zune HD. Oops. I only needed the stretchy part that goes around your arm, so I cut the Zune holder off and just the used the armband. It's a little flimsy, but it works.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x98f195c4)

Griffin Streamline Armband for Zune 4/8GB (Black)
$29.99 $5.99