|Brand Name||Griffin Technology|
|Item Weight||1.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.5 x 5.2 x 1.5 inches|
|Item model number||8142-IPHSTRLNB|
|Number of Items||1|
Griffin Streamline Sport Armband for iPod Touch and iPhone (Black)
- Lightweight, elegant ultra-slim design
- Clear full-face screen protector
- Reflective trim for safety at night
- Washable 2-way adjustable band for maximum size range and comfort
- Thin static-peel screen protector included
Top Customer Reviews
1. Opened container, was impressed by the look of the product.
2. Placed iPhone into armband slot, which took quite a bit of effort.
3. Put it on my arm and was impressed by how it looked.
4. Spent the next 30 minutes attempting to remove my iPhone from the armband, which took an incredible amount of effort to remove. I almost ripped the armband apart with the amount of force it took to remove the phone. The screen of the iPhone essentially sticks to the plastic of the armband, and attempting to pull the iPhone out seemed to create a vacuum effect, where the harder I tried to get it out, the more airtight and secure it was.
I would not in a million years buy this product again, as it is complete garbage. If you feel like risking your $400 iPhone on this crappy $30 armband, go ahead, but I myself will be looking elsewhere. The manufacturer should be ashamed for making such an inferior product.
Unfortunately the armband case presses the sound volume buttons on the side of the iphone if you move your arm the wrong way. A total design flaw and very frustrating. If you think you'll be able to just see and play with your apps easily forget it. You need to either twist your arm very uncomfortably or twist the armband case -thereby messing with the volume again. So if your using a running or trail GPS App you'll have to stop the app to reset the volume. It can't be easily removed. In fact, unless you lift the protective plastic away from the iphone screen first it is extremely hard to remove.
Perhaps the iphone is just not meant to be on your arm because the case sure makes it feel that way. Try it for yourself by just taking your iphone and placing it on your arm.
Pros: Holds tightly
Able to use ipod and funtionality
Good quality matierial
Cons: Presses volume buttons
way too small for iphones
had to cut hole for headphone jack
P.S. Don't use this for lifting. This thing is way too big on your arm to be able to use. I only use this thing when i'm running, if that.
My iPhone BARELY WENT INTO THE HOLDER. Then I finally forced it into place, and the plastic screen was stuck on the front of my iPhone. I then proceeded to RIP the phone out of the holder. It took a lot of effort and i thought it was going to remove the screen protector on my iPhone.
Bottom line: IF YOU HAVE A SCREEN PROTECTOR, CONSIDER A DIFFERENT HOLDER THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this for my iphone 3g and it works well and holds it in place and its very comfortable. It's excellent for the gym. There is a space for your headphones. Read morePublished on May 13, 2011 by futuredoc
I actually found this on clearance at Target for under $5 and I certainly wouldn't pay more than $5 for it. Read morePublished on April 7, 2011 by meg
I gave this as a gift. It was for my little brother who works out alot. It would have been great, but I didn't know you needed the plastic to cover the ipod. Read morePublished on February 6, 2010 by Kayla
This armband works for its necessary purpose but it isn't durable to last very long. The phone fits really snug into it and the armband material isn't very comfortable. Read morePublished on December 12, 2009 by Sarah Zawistowski