4.0 out of 5 stars Overall Fantastic Case
When I got my ipod touch 4th gen I knew that I was rough on my technology and not wanted to break it I looked into cases to make it more durable.

Overall I love my griffin military duty survivor case. I have dropped my ipod more times than I can count and it doesn't have a single issue.

The only reason I did not give this item all 5 stars is due to a...
Published 22 months ago by Rebecca

3.0 out of 5 stars Rugged...but clip won't open
Published 23 months ago by CLG

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall Fantastic Case, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Griffin Survivor Rugged Case for iPod Touch 4G (Black) (Electronics)

The only reason I did not give this item all 5 stars is due to a couple relatively minor issues. The first being that after having this item on my ipod for about 6 months the flap covering the headphone jack is starting to rip. My other major complaint is that the screen protector is built into the case on non-replaceable (which makes it water resistant) however for someone like me who is prone to dropping it it is an issue of the screen protector getting scratched. Less important is sometimes the clip can be awkward either not locking when it should or locking open when I don't want it to. Lastly if you want to use this case without the clip and just shove it into your pocket you will have issues. The case is very gripy and therefore it grabs your pocket and you will pull half the things out of your pocket and probably turn it inside out before getting your i-pod out.

However, I think these are a small price to pay for the near complete protection of the ipod. As I said I have dropped my ipod onto the concrete floor in my apartment off my coffee table; out of my hand onto concrete of the street and it has not broken. I love this case

5.0 out of 5 stars SURVIVOR, November 27, 2012
This case--while admittedly is expensive---is FANTASTIC. I've dropped my iPod several times:

Off a stone bench, onto the bench, bouncing off the stone bench, onto the cement floor.

Out of my backpack onto the sidewalk

Off of my desk onto the floor

etc, etc:

NOTHING. IT'S FINE.

True, it does add bulk to it, but you can drop it and not break your iPod: who cares if it's a little thicker?

Also, the clear part of the cover doesn't mess with the touch capabilities in anyway, and the power button and volume buttons are likewise easy to use. I don't find the flaps (covering the camera, headphone jack, and dock) particularly annoying, like some people do, but if they annoy you THAT much, you could just cut them off. The only downside is that some auxiliary cables are too thick, and the case blocks you from plugging it in all the way. You can take off the case within seconds, though.

The belt clips cool, too. You have to take it off to charge your iPod, but when would you be wearing and charging it at the same time? It rotates (so your iPod can be at an angle from the clip.)

I'm a fan. Seriously, if you want something that will legitimately protect your iPod, suck up the $40 bucks. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent iPod case, January 30, 2013
I have dropped this case many times and it has with stood all impacts and comes back ready for more. I have even accidentally dropped it in a puddle and my iPod remained dry as ever. The only thing you have to be careful of is the plastic belt clip is a bit fragile and if it gets caught on anything it will bend and deform, and the rubber flap that lifts for the charging port will rip if you are not careful or after many openings and closings. Aside from that this is an excellent case and I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking to protect their iPod.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rugged...but clip won't open, September 15, 2012
CLG "Carrie Herbel Greenwald" (Flitting here and there...anywhere...everywhere) - See all my reviews
I admit it...I am an accident waiting to happen. I knew when I got a smart phone, it had to be able to either be protected well or withstand a drop of a few feet. Thank God I knew that for the phone has survived many a tumble and still works great. Same with the iPod touch. Love to listen to music, play around with my favorite apps, read and more...yet again I knew I needed to protect it. Purchased one cover for it, but it was too brittle. Plastic was so fragile that it cracked just putting it on the iPod! So I elected to get the military grade Griffin Survivor case, particularly since it was advertised that it had a belt clip - a must when I am walking around the house doing chores or getting the mail down the street. It took a bit of time to arrive (was informed that there would be a delay - so not my normal Prime shipping time format, but that was okay) and when it did arrive (earlier than expected), I excitedly put my iPod Touch into it and it was great! I could control all the buttons of the iPod through the heavy duty, yet extremely flexible rubberized portion of the case. The hard plastic was surrounded by the rubber padding and the screen cover was firm, yet sensitive to my touch when working the screen. Happy! Then I added the clip portion and was, and continue to be, frustrated beyond belief that the clip would not and will not open up in order to attach to my belt or jeans. I worked and worked on the clip, trying to pry it open but finally stopped when I felt that any more pressure on my part would cause the clip to break. No clear directions were provided to explain the supposed complexity of a clip that I could see how it operated. There is no way that it will snap open properly. Poor design. I give up! So now I have a very great protective case/cover for my iPod Touch but still have to figure a way to attach it to my belt/jeans. At least I know that it won't break when I drop it.

PS: If the belt clip worked - I would give it a 5 star rating. Without the clip, it is a 3 to 3.5 star.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, September 22, 2012
I recently got an Ipod I-touch and needed a case to protect and needed a case that could comepletely protect it. Most of the case I have looked at covers everything except the face. The Griffin Survivor Rugged Case for iPod Touch 4G (Black) completely encloses the iTouch. This case also adds bulk to iTouch which actually a plus because it makes easier to grip the itouch during use. The only problem I have is with Ear/head phone jack slim headphone plug because the case will obstruct the headphone plug a little.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY, February 13, 2014
I am very rough with my devices and have the worst of luck with drops and accidental launches into objects. i need a case that can survive the abuse and griffin is by far best case ever made for ipods. i had an otterbox and it doesnt compare. this case is half the price, double the protection, and comes with a kickstand/holster combo whoch i find very productive and maximizes utility of my ipod.

5.0 out of 5 stars One tough case, July 3, 2013
I had a cheapo case for my ipod touch 4G, a huge mistake. I ordered the Griffin Survivor to protect my new ipod touch. I spend most of my free time outdoors, hiking/exploring beaches and forests and I am also an avid gardner. My Ipod is my constant companion. If you need to protect your investment, don't waste your time looking, the Griffin Survivor is the best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality case but had a few negatives, October 17, 2012
I received this case as a birthday present and it looked good on Amazon.com but when I got to using it I must say I was a little let down. The clip is a good idea but when its on it completley covers the charging port. I do like the fact that it swivels and acts as a prop to hold it up but the clip also will lock closed if gently pushed and reqires two hands to open it. Also the flaps that cover the charger port and headphone jack are very hard to open until the case is stretched a little bit. Mine actually ripped off about 2 months after i bought it.
I will admit the material it is made out of is VERY durable, I have dropped mine several times from 3-5 feet high and never had any issues. I actually wanted this case because of the clip so i could carry my Ipod a little easier than shoving it in my pocket but 9 times out of 10 the clip is more of a pain to work and I end up throwing in my pocket anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously over-engineered? Or the perfect case for your iPod touch no matter where you're headed?, June 29, 2014
I think its a bit of both.
Tested and certified to meet or exceed US Department of Defense Standard 810F and UK Department of Defense Standard 00-35, Griffin's Survivor is designed from the inside out to protect your iPod touch from extreme conditions ... dirt, sand, rain, shock, vibration and a host of other environmental factors.

Survivor is built on a shatter-resistant polycarbonate frame clad in rugged, shock-absorbing silicone. A built-in screen protector seals your Multi-Touch display from the outside environment, and hinged plugs seal the dock connector, camera lens, headphone port, hold switch and volume controls. A detachable heavy-duty clip secures your iPod touch to a belt or bag strap.

SIMPLY PUT, the Griffin Survivor Case is the most protective case we've ever built. I've had mine for 1 1/2 years and its been as good as new in thick and thin for me. Always came through in any situation its even water resistant, what more can you want? lol Hope this helps :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for my Itouch, April 15, 2014
Great case keeps my brand new Itouch secured and in mint condition. And I love it keeps the screen from being cracked and scratched

Griffin Survivor Rugged Case for iPod Touch 4G (Black)
$39.99 $26.95