|Brand Name||Griffin Technology|
|Item Weight||9.9 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||9.4 x 7.9 x 3.3 inches|
|Item model number||GC30006|
|Number of Items||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Helo Tc Helicopter
|Price:||$19.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$30.05 (60%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- RC Helicopter Control for iPhone ¶©, iPad ¶©, iPod touch via free app
- Built-in battery charging via USB for about 8-10 minutes flight
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Here's our take on the product:
1. It's small (about 8" long), lightweight (1.4 oz - I weighed it on my Weight Watcher's scale!), and takes up very little room to store or to use. We can "fly" in the house, as long as the dog is shut up in her crate!
2. It's flexible. We've had several crashes, but no damage. It's built on a lightweight metal frame with a black polycarbonate body, and it bounces very well!
3. It's fairly easy to learn to use. I say fairly because you have to run the throttle as well as the joystick at the same time. It gets tricky, but my pilot husband had it flying around the room in no time at all. For me, it took a bit longer to learn the controls. (There is another mode - Tilt to Steer - that just uses the iPhone, but it's not nearly as fun and challenging.) My only complaint is that the directions for flying the HELO TC are in the app itself and not written in the paperwork that comes with it. It's not fun to have to stop the HELO TC to read directions. I suggest they add these directions in PDF format to their website to be downloaded.
4. It was easy to put together and start playing. Our HELO came already charged (It charges with USB power source.); however, the literature says it charges in 35 minutes. The Flight Deck module is powered by four AAA batteries.Read more ›
Getting frustrated I went to the Griffin website and to my dismay, all the i devices are supported but only about a half dozen of Android phones are compatible. Needless to say I wasn't happy especially since the S3 is supported and the Note 2 isn't that much different. Fortunately my wife has an S3 so I borrowed it and low and behold it took off and zoomed all over. Finally got to use it!
As for the fragility of the pieces....Well for devices like this you need to expect that they're going to break, especially if you're hitting walls and tables with it. I've been fortunate thus far and have hit the ceiling numerous times the floor, wall, myself.
It does take some time to get the hang of it. The controls are extremely sensitive so if you're in a small place you need only enough lift to get it off the ground which for me is at about a 1/4 of the learner throttle.
I've already bought a 2nd set of blades for it but now I wish that I could just by a controller for it since it's not compatible with my phone. All in all I gave it 4 stars because I think its a great little adult toy that can really help we with dexterity and hand/eye coordination. It's a lot of fun to have it hover and then ever so slightly move the joystick and watch it turn. Love it.
All in all, as long as you know what you're getting into with it, it's a lot of fun.
I can see where the bad reviews came from as its not as easy as havoc helis to fly but once you get the hang of slowly increasing the throttle instead of jamming it up it works great. Also i do feel the half second lag between controls and chopper but if you have the throttle under control and learn to just have it hover in front of you first before thinking you can fly with the pros but it is very easy to adapt to this little lag problem
Also the battery charges in only about thirty minutes which is quick lasts only about five to ten minutes but thats not bad
Overall im happy
Will try a couple brands to compare but so far im impressed with this
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Ordered 2 and neither work. Both spin but will not leave the ground. Disappointing!Published 10 months ago by Darci L Karr
Didn't have all the parts when I bought it for a present so never flew.Published 12 months ago by Jeb Bolding
Fun helicopter toy with the added gimmick of using your iPhone as the remote. There is a learning curve to flying it, but it's more stable than a number of other low cost copter... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Isabelle Belzile
Indoor better, outdoor the wind is a cruel mistress. Smartphone app is great allows programmed flight for amazing demos and showoffs, lights add a visual thrill as well.Published 15 months ago by Dan Sullivan
Amusing YouTube video, other than that, unless you courageously flew missions in Vietnam as a previous reviewer wrote, the Griffin helicopter is impossible to fly. Read morePublished 18 months ago by dback
Bought this for my boyfriend's brother who is such an Air force enthusiast....its a great product even if its for decoration.Published 21 months ago by MEAGHAN
It broke a gear on the first day and therefore was unusable. Have to send it back to company hoping they will make good on it. Very frustratingPublished on January 13, 2014 by Gary Affolter
Certainly can't speak for its long term durability but my family is having a great time with it. Got it as a Christmas gift for my brother, we've been playing with it via his ipod... Read morePublished on December 26, 2013 by Giles