Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 23 questions
vote
Yes, but I have not used it. There is a bracket that is attached to it that you take off and attach in the position you want it to stand. It's not a flip out stand.
Dec 12, 2013 by Buster
votes
Yes, it has a flap you pull back and twist out of the way. Every once in awhile I haven't gotten it all the way out of the way so it has blocked the camera a tiny bit. All in all I have been happy with it. There is some slight bubbles on the screen when u put on the front shield. It's hard to avoid. I researched a lot and this was one of only two that fully covered the devices.
Nov 30, 2013 by Shelly Walshe
votes
If the defender is the big otter box then yes. Sorry, can't remember! I have dropped my iPad so many times I can't remember and it's still in perfect shape after a year. It's very light weight. I actually like it more than the otter box.
Dec 27, 2013 by R. Knight
votes
I think Griffin is marketing it as though it fits both iPad mini and iPad mini 2. (On their website it looks like the same product is shown on both the iPad mini and iPad mini retina pages). However, I got this case for my iPad mini 2 and would say that I'm not 100% sure they should be doing that. The corners curl off the screen just the slightest amount in a way that I don't think they should be and the plastic sides don't entirely line up together in a way that I think they should. It's just slightly less secure/sealed than I think it should be and I worry that it might not be as strong in a drop. That said: (1) I've never seen how the same cover fits the thinner iPad mini... maybe it does these same things with that device?, and (2) I still think it's one of the more protective models out there so I am keeping it. I note that Otterbox did the same thing with their iPad mini case -- though it is not made to have the same glove-like fit so it didn't seem to be the same issue when I tried that one. Despite the better fit of the Otterbox, I decided to keep the Survivor because I didn't like the Otterbox for other reasons (WAY too hard to get off). I think Griffin should come out with an iPad mini 2-specific cover, but in the absence of one, I am keeping this one as still a better bet than the other options out there for someone who wants a very durable case just short of the tank that is Otterbox.
Jan 19, 2014 by R. Edwards
votes
No it does not come in a box because it is a fake Chinese knock off trying to pass it off as a real Griffin product when in fact it is a cheap $10 case that you see for sell on eBay and at your local Flea Market & this comes in a thin plastic wrapper and it does not have the Griffin logo anywhere on the case like the original does and it doesn't have the Survivor stamped on the back like the real one either so if I was you I wouldn't be waisting your money on this one this it is priced at what a new Authentic Griffin Case cost, and you can buy this same case that they are trying to pass off as a real one here on Amazon from $10-15 and there's is priced @ almost $40 after tax. Don't buy from this Seller.
Aug 8, 2014 by John
votes
Good question. I wish I knew the answer to this question. However, there is a simple fix if the screen protector fails; get an invisible shield and put it directly on the device. Some time ago I had an Otterbox with no screen protector. I put the invisible shield on it and it worked well. Good luck.
Mar 11, 2014 by TWilhite
votes
it does, but the plastic is built into the case, so once the plastic is scratched, even though your screen is still good, the scratched plastic cannot be replaced and you may find that annoying. I recommend buying a standard ipad mini screen protector and putting that on top of the plastic. It gets scratched and you can pull it off and replace it, while preserving the plastic in the case and the ipad's screen.
Dec 27, 2012 by J. Isaacs
votes
Personally I would check with the supplier and make sure. When looking at the specs between the ipad mini and the ipad mini with retina display, there is a slight difference in depth, with the retina display being just slightly smaller in depth. Although it should fit, I wonder if that difference in depth will not create a snug fit and just become a nuisance. http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/
Dec 29, 2013 by Jo-Jo
votes
I personally have not tried, but I do not see why not. Bluetooth is a wireless signal, this case or any case should not have an affect bluetooth capabilities.
Nov 29, 2013 by Jo-Jo
votes
Yes. It's way thick enough to be extremely protective but not to bulky that it feels awkward in the hand. I've been using it for months and it's a great product
Aug 12, 2014 by Justin Ciron
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers