5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler Proof
Published 17 months ago by Passau

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't get if you need the stand
We bought this for my 3-year-old. We had had another case like this, but a different brand. The stand on this case is horrible. It was nearly impossible for me to even open it without using something to pry it open. The hinge broke in less than a week. Ended up going and buying a stand elsewhere.
Published 2 months ago by Lisa Thacker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler Proof, April 1, 2013
This review is from: Griffin Technology Survivor for iPad mini Pink GB35920 (Personal Computers)
Griffin Survivor cases are my go to cases to protect my tablets and phone from my toddlers. They have a hard under shell that clicks together, and a thick flexible plastic covering the back of the tablet. My kids were gifted ipads from relatives at age 2, so I needed something that would protect the ipad from falls, minor spills, bumps and rough handling by tots. The Griffin survivor cases have never let me down and always protected my devices. Our ipads have been spit up on, dropped from the top of a bunk bed, thrown across the room, drooled on, etc and have always come away without a scratch thanks to the Griffin Survivor cases. (This review should also be a PSA as to why not to borrow ipad of a toddler as it might come with the added bonus of drool or spit up). My favorite story of the Griffin Survivor case is when I forgot and left my son's ipad on top of our car. We drove 15 miles, including going up and down hills and driving time on the highway, to a park. I thought the ipad must have fallen off during the drive but the sticky type plastic coating of the Griffin Survivor case suctioned it to the car and it did not budge and we found it still safely resting on top of the car in it's original spot at the end of the journey! I could not recommend the Griffin Survivor cases more. We have them on the ipad 3, the ipad mini, iphone 4S and iphone 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable; just what my granddaughter needed., March 3, 2013
The Survivor Case gives my Granddaughter just what she wanted for her iPad Mini. Good protection, nice fit, right color, at a reasonable price. We researched a number of cases, and found the Griffin Technology Survivor Case for her iPad Mini to be the best choice. Amazon also offered the best price.

5.0 out of 5 stars This case is the double truth!, April 4, 2013
T. Taylor (South GA, USA) - See all my reviews
We chose this case because our iPhone has the same one. My wife likes it because it matches her phone and she enjoys the fact it can take a hit. She dropped her iPad mini off a table about 4 feet high onto a concrete floor and not one dent, scratch, or hiccup from the iPad. The military grade cover is lightweight and will protect your iPad from a serious bump. The case is a little bulky but I will sacrifice in order to protect this high dollar item. I do not recommend any other case but this one for protection. The cases come in different colors besides basic black. This case is meant to protect your iPad and not meant for show. If you want a glitz case you can find them elsewhere, but I bet you would not purposely drop your iPad with any other case. When people ask why I like this case, we just drop the iPad on the floor and ask if they could do that with their case. The conversation usually ends because there is nothing left to be said after the drop demonstration.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good case for my daughter, July 31, 2014
I bought this for my 19 month old's iPad mini. I wanted something basically indestructable. This case seems to fit the bill (although my daughter has only had one day to try and destroy it so far) as there is a hard case that you put the iPad into before wrapping on the silicone. It is still relatively light and doesn't greatly increase the size of the iPad mini which I really like. The rubber flap that covers the connector feels solid, the power and volume buttons are still easily pressed, and the cutouts are all well aligned - it is very well made. I docked it one star because the screen protector "rainbows" if you view it off axis. For my daughter it doesn't matter, but if it was for my iPad it would bother me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't get if you need the stand, July 7, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, July 3, 2014
Love it! Always been a Otterbox person. Great case so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cover for your ipad, March 3, 2014
I like this product very much. It is sturdy and you will be confident to leave the ipad with the kids. The only minor issue I have is the stand at the back is a bit difficult to access at first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy so far!, January 27, 2014
Jenn Williams (baldwin, new york United States) - See all my reviews
Been using it for months for my 7 year old daughter's iPad mini. It's protected it from some minor falls. Hopefully it continues to hold up! So far VERY happy with the product

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product., January 12, 2014
I bought this over an Otterbox case for my daughter's (5 yrs old) iPad mini. Bought it online on Amazon since it was about $20 cheaper w/ free shipping w/ Prime.

With that said, I was browsing Monoprice and saw the same thing for $12.80.
[...]

If I need to buy a new one I will try the Monoprice version. I am happy with the Amazon purchased one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, January 6, 2014
I wanted a sturdy case to fully protect my new iPad mini and this fit perfectly. The only thing I have problems with is the built in screen protector. It leaves bubbles underneath. I installed an ArmorSuit clear military shield on the iPad glass, which helped but the Griffin screen protector still has some bubbling type effect. All in all, it is a great case. I am confident that my iPad is completely protected.

UPDATE:
I read that a small amount of baby powder between the Griffin screen protector & iPad glass would remove the bubbles (bubbles look like oil slicks). Thought it sounded crazy, but did it & it worked! I removed the Griffen screen protector, held it up vertical, barely opened the holes on top of trial size baby powder bottle, held bottle 6" from protector & gently squeezed a light mist of powder onto the inside of the screen, then I gently wiped the screen with a cloth, used same cloth with baby powder residue to wipe iPad glass, replaced Griffin screen & to my delight....no more bubbles!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›