Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Grilled Pizzas and Piadinas
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 20, 2008
This book is a fabulous tool for any of us who love to grill; especially pizzas. It's the best how-to book I've seen on the topic. I teach alot of cooking classes and students always love learning to make grilled pizzas and flatbreads. Kudos to Craig Priebe and Dianne Jacob for creating a well-focused and thorough book on this popular topic. Craig's professional and competition expertise in this arena are ever-present on the pages. This expertise is obvious in the featured recipes as well as the coverage of a variety of grilling devices, how-to tips and party planning. Readers always love photos and this book features more than most these days; almost every recipe has a photo. What a treat! I love the unexpected choices for dessert pizza and piadini, especially the Pizza Sugar Cookies and the Churros! These are really tasty treats!
on May 29, 2008
These pizzas are easy and can be quickly finished during a party. Our guests have all raved about them. The dough is simple and very well behaved. My only problem with the book is the number of sections that need to be bookmarked for easy access. For the first batch, when I needed to follow the instructions carefully, I was going crazy turniing pages back and forth. I finally put tabs on the dough section, the basic oils and sauces section, and the assembly and grilling instructions, so that I could find them easily as you need them for each recipe. I also suspect that being an experienced cook has helped as some of the recipes have too much cheese for my taste - or my ability to pile the quantity onto the pizza base - and some sauces need thickening adjustments.
All in all though, this is a great way to make pizzas, the results are fabulous, and I may be giving a few copies of the book away as gifts.
on November 13, 2008
Wandering the cooking aisle at our local library, I came across this delightful book. I love love love grilling, so thought I'd give it a try. What a totally delightful surprise! Instructions are thorough and clear for cooking absolutely tasty pizzas - a novice can do it! My family loved the rather simple but complex tomato/basil pizza. Twas so fresh, and new - it had us literally dancing on the deck with delight! I kid you not. Needless to say, I bought the book for myself. Piadinas are definitely coming soon!
on February 8, 2010
Have made Grilled Pizza on four occasions with this book in the last 10 days. It is a marvelous book with exacting instructions on the dough, sauces and toppings - which I appreciate.

The dough is relatively easy to make, it is the preparation of the other items if you're making different pizzas, that takes time. And I do mean lots of time even though the authors make everything relatively easy to assemble and cook - herbed oil, sauces, grilling chicken, steak, sausage, carmelizing onions, saute' onions, chopping that and that, etc... Making pizza is more time consuming than steak, mushrooms and sweet potatoes.

Make the dough first -- because it needs to rise for an hour, then placed in the fridge for a couple of hours (for more flavor), then you've got to take it out to get it to room temp... So you might make the dough the day before -- it only takes about 10 minutes to make the dough - it's easy. You can also cut prep time by making only one type of pizza. But I like variety and this book gives you variety.

It also gives you pizza that tastes alive and fresh! My guests said it was the best pizza they've had in their lives -- and these were no spring chickens I was feeding -- they were accustomed to gourmet pizza.

Enjoy the book -- the authors have put their heart, soul and organization skills into it. Great pics! Great Salads and Deserts in addition to the Pizzas.
on July 12, 2008
I love the versatility of this little book. The reader is shown how the various pizzas can serve as appetizers, main dishes for the family, as well as party fare. (There is even a party planning section with the various easy tasks for the party organized day-by-day!) The pizzas and piadinas are creative and yummy, and I found myself inspired to try my own creations as well. I loved the clarity of the lay-out--the techniques of dough preparation, rolling and grilling are first clearly explained and once (easily) mastered, the recipes are a cinch. The dough is great--you can roll out several pies, quickly grill them, then freeze these without toppings for future meals. And if you've never tasted pizza from the grill, you are in for a treat!
on July 5, 2008
If you really want to impress your friends, invite them over for gourmet grilled pizzas from this amazing cookbook. And the best part is all the prep work is done before anyone comes over so that you can quickly make the pizzas (alone or as a group) when the company arrives. The book is gorgeous and recipes are easy to follow. The Gamberian Pizza (with shrimp and pesto) and The Morrocan (with chicken and a sweet curry glaze) are to die for. And the kids go crazy for the Smores Pizza. You'll never view pizza the same way after you taste these.
on July 2, 2008
I love this book. The art of grilling pizza is simplified with great photos and descriptions on each step of the process, along with directions on how to do it on every kind of a grill including an indoor one or none at all. I started with the basic Margheritan - fresh mozzarella, fresh tomato sauce and basil. It was delicious and as mouth watering as the photo. Actually the final product turned out a lot like the picture which I always think is the sign of good cookbook. The Fresh Tomato Sauce recipe has become one of my favorites for more than grilling pizza. I now look through the book longingly envisioning my next pizza night - which pizza will it be? or should I make a piadini? Fresh figs are in season - hmmmm I think I'll try the Parma e Fiche pizza - fresh fig, prosciutto & Gorgonzola! Or maybe the Chicagoan - with steak baked potatoes and sour cream...what an enjoyable dilemma!
on June 14, 2014
Just looked through the book. Nice layout and great illustrations. Haven't used
the ideas yest as live in Minnesota with a late start to spring this year and it seems
like it has been raining every other day as well....and hate to grill in between the
rain falls. Think if you interested in the two topics; i.e. Pizza and Piadinas on the grill
you would find the book helpful....at least I do.
on June 27, 2008
This week, I made the Thai and Gamberian pizzas for a group of 14, and they were a huge hit among very discerning diners. Everyone raved about them. One guest said that the Thai pizza was the best new thing she's tasted in years. Nothing was left. Can piadinas be far away?
on August 14, 2013
I have had this book for several years and has provided a lot of inspiration. As we have an abundance of tomatoes in our garden, these pizzas bring out all the flavors. Made oven roasted tomato pizza tonight. I do find that Ina Garden's California pizza recipe is more to our liking, though. Other than that, I would have loved for the authors to put a presentation on Youtube or their own website - especially the piadina recipes could do with a little extra instructions. Definitely a book worth buying as it'll get you started on your own journey.