Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on December 4, 1999
This book will turn a novice griiler (like me) into a pro (also like me). The recipes included with this title are worth the price. The glossary is very useful as are the tips. You'll laugh, you'll cry (see: Onions). Great book. Good day.
0Comment52 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2007
I wish I had a chance to browse this book before I bought it. I was also hoping for some guidance on how long to cook various cuts of meat and so on. While there is a little of that, it's scattered among various recipes and not very useable. Should really be called "Grilling Recipes for Dummies".
VINE VOICEon August 16, 2004
I bought this book after reading "Cooking for Dummies" as a second level course in cooking. Since nobody has died after eating my barbecue, I'd say the experiment was a success. From equipment to recipes, this book has something for everyone who wants to experience the adventure of The Grill.
on June 2, 2006
I just recieved this book, it is great. I am a first time griller and this took me step by step thru everything.
on August 6, 2013
I wanted something to help me learn to use my grill. This was a great choice. I got a copy at the library and liked it so much I bought my own copy. There are great instructions and explanations on using a grill as well as tasty recipes. It is fun to read too as all the "Dummies" books are.
on April 10, 2012
My husband loved this. got it for him for his birthday and I am tasting the results! :) A really good choice for those with a hubby that needs some direction.
on September 30, 2011
- and - if you can't find one to fit, alter one to make do. I love the quick reference chart in front and decide which grill to use based on what GFD says (charcoal for long sessions, gas for a quick burger or chop). Disappointed that Amazon is only selling the second edition; the 3rd has been out for awhile.
on May 15, 2006
This is a Grilling Cookbook. Not a book about grilling for dummies. I had never grilled before and this book goes off about sauces and marinades, when I just wanted to start by putting a slab of meat or a hot dog on the grill.

Needless to say, I was lost and confused before I got the gas connected (which it doesn't help you with, either BTW).

It was totally useless for me.
11 comment22 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2013
This book is fine if you want recipes for marinates, etc. but skims over the finer details of grilling-to turn or not to turn, etc. I'm sure it will help my feeble grilling efforts, however.
on January 27, 2013
This was bought as a gag gift for my son as he and his brother compete at almost everything.the younger one is a better grill master so decided to give the older one some support.