5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for the Grill!
Published on July 25, 2012 by shelfishness

3.0 out of 5 stars Vegan
Great recepies but some are a bit time consuming. If planing a vegan cook out make sure that you look at what is needed in perperation of some of the dishes. Some items take up to 24 hours to marinate. Tried several roasted veggie dishes that turned out well.
Published 18 months ago by Roy Martinez

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for the Grill!, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Grilling Vegan Style: 125 Fired-Up Recipes to Turn Every Bite into a Backyard BBQ (Paperback)
Grilling Vegan Style is a great book for vegans, vegetarians, and those interested in incorporating more healthy ingredients into their diet. This books is filled with colorful pictures of delectable foods such as No-Bake Lasagne and Grilled Peaches. Schlimm goes into great detail at the beginning, explaining the variety of grilling methods and elaborating on the best vegan ingredients. Shlimm is very relatable, and his recipes are too - there is nothing in this book that is too difficult, even for beginning grillers. Also, there aren't lots of processed ingredients (he doesn't go for the convenience option like spicing up Tofurkey links or using Veggie Burgers in every recipe) - refreshingly, he uses fresh vegetables and seasonings that will appeal to everyone.
Beyond great grill recipes like Grilled Vegetables on Focaccia and Seventh Inning Stretch Tacos, the book provides a number of sauce and condiment recipes that are extra tasty - Finger Lickin' BBQ Sauce, Homemade Vegan Worcestershire Sauce, and King Wasabi Marinade make this book worthwhile. There are also desserts which can be grilled (a complete surprise) - Vanilla Pound Cake with Lemon-Lime Glaze and Tropical Kebabs with Raspberry & Cointreau Dip - and there is an entire chapter on cocktails and drinks to go along with all of your grilled fare.
This book is filled with insight and information for anyone considering becoming a vegan - it is a real hit and well worth space on your shelf. Review from [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book and so does my grill, July 31, 2012
I really have been enjoying this book since I got it! It was full of great information about grilling and ingredients. It is also packed with all kinds of inventive and delicious recipes. I have tried a few already and I've only had it for about two weeks. The Flame Kissed Eggplant with Hoisin Sauce was hit with my whole family and I really love that he included a recipe for home made hoisin sauce. The orange zest really makes it special so don't leave it out! I also love the marinades chapter. There is something for everything and everyone. We especially enjoyed the Lemon Pepper one and even added a bit of freshly minced garlic and used it as a pasta salad dressing. We also made the Tex Mex Tempeh for Two and doubled it. I used extra marinade on some veggies, grilled it all and made fajitas that were out of this world delicious! I highly recommend adding this book to your library!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vegan Grilling, July 24, 2013
This is a great cookbook! We love to grill and didn't relish the thought of giving up that past time along with meat. There are plenty of opportunities to grill vegan style. I had never thought of doing romaine hearts but we did and they were great.

5.0 out of 5 stars been 4 months now, October 24, 2012
Love this cook book. You will need a 2 or more burner grill because you will want to cook so much. yummmm

4.0 out of 5 stars Exelent book, September 5, 2012
Guillermo Olaiz Silva (Hermosillo, Son (México)) - See all my reviews
Few books on vegan grilling can get close to this one, I wanted more pictures though. The thing here is that the recipes are tasty and that it gives the non vegan additional dishes to cook to minimize the impact of high fat of most meats and cholesterol in every inch of animal products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grilling Vegan Style, July 6, 2013
I have been vegetarian for 40+ years and a vegan for 2 years. The grill has always intimidated me, and I never really could think of healthy meals to plan to grill; we were just grilling the usual veggie burgers and veggie dogs, that is, until I discovered this fabulous cookbook. My daughter, who has been vegan for 12 years, and I, sat down the day the book arrived and planned a vegan birthday party. We used several of the recipes from this book. Needless to say, everyone feasted to the bursting point -- everything was a huge success. Of course, the grill is now getting used much more often now! Would recommend this book to all vegans, vegetarians, and even omnivores who are looking for ways to vary their grill menus. Great cookbook!

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes!, June 10, 2014
There is a lot of preparation that goes into healthy eating but the benefits outweigh the time consumption. Although I am not a self-proclaimed vegan, I do enjoy eating vegetables and I'm always looking for new ways to introduce them to the palate. These recipes are fairly simple, even for a budding grill-master like myself. The first recipe I tried was the "Chipotle-marinated tofu kebabs" (with veggies) and that was the first time that I had ever grilled tofu. It had a surprisingly wonderful flavor and the vegetables were even better since I added a little olive oil and salt and pepper after I sliced them. I substituted Tamari for the soy sauce and it did not affect the integrity of the flavor. On the same day I made the vanilla pound cake with lemon-lime icing. The cake was rather tasty, but I will try a different icing next time. I have tried a few more since then and I am looking forward to trying out the alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grillin Vegan Style, August 26, 2013
Grillin Vegan Style recipes complement my food prep lifestyle and offers some very interesting but unique veggie grilling recipes. Over the years, I probably have invested in dozens of cook books but only in recent years have explored grilling techniques. This book really puts one more tool in my kitchen toolbox to wow friends, family and special guests!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, July 3, 2012
This is such a great grilling cookbook, especially for summer barbecue season. I love the variety of yummy vegan recipes (and I'm not even a vegan). There's no need for meat when veggies taste so good! I was a little skeptical at first but all of these recipes are fantastic and easy to make. Everyone needs this book for the summer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific ideas for marinades!, September 23, 2014
This cookbook was so much fun for this past summer. Great recipes - and it is so rare to find help with vegan "meat" grilling. There are several other recipes, too - for all sorts of great veggie sides. The marinades are the best part. I love it.

$20.00 $13.85