2,219 Reviews

Published 13 months ago by She Knows

2.0 out of 5 stars Started strong and crawled to the finish
Published 1 month ago by Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a master piece, October 27, 2013
The enemy of my enemy is my ally... The show continues to deliver an incredible story, acting and directing. This first episode lives up to its very high expectations and then some. It is a pleasure to reunite with the series with a strong first episode. Monroe with his funny character adds a touch of softness and the chief of police whom we thought was Grimm's enemy is now trying to save him! Where do you go from such a 'wow' effect? Only higher we hope. Kudos to the actors, an incredible strong team! But is the half prince really trying to save Nick??.... H'm.

5.0 out of 5 stars A charming story of horror. A truely remarkable achievement., December 14, 2013
In season one we learned Nick is a good cop from a somewhat ambiguous background, doing a good job as a homicide detective. One day he has a surprise visit from an eccentric aunt towing an old trailer full of even older books and "tools". He is even more surprised to find he, like his aunt, is a "Grimm", a member of an old family that has the power to see and kill "Wessen", humans who have animal like traits and can assume animal like appearances. Most Wessen hide in plain site, and live normal and law abiding lives. A few do not.

Rather than pursue the Grimm legacy of killing all Wessen, Nick instead confines his Grimm activities to pursuing and capturing or killing only those Wessen who are guilty of real crimes, not just the "crime" of being Wessen.

By season three, Nick has acquired a group of supporting normal people and Wessen to aid him in the task. His veterinarian girlfriend Julliette, a reformed and now vegetarian "Big Bad Wolf" who fixes clocks and speaks German named Monroe who is a somewhat expert on Wessen culture, an herbalist and expert in Wessen alternative medicines named Rosealee who is a fox Wessen, his human partner Hank (who finds this all a bit bizarre), and others whom he has helped.

Nick has also assembled a formidable group of enemies in the form of the Wessen council, and the Wessen Royalty that appear to be from old European families, along with the weekly bad Wessen of the Week that must be found and stopped.

The show has a premise that could be very dark, but this cast and the story lines come out as what can only be described as charming. Nick should be the star, and is engaging, dark and brooding. But the very strong ensemble cast of regulars balances that with humor and consistent and engaging character. Monroe the big bad wolf is principled and that quirky nerd that always seems to have a left handed comment that makes you want to laugh. Rosealee is smart, very pretty, very cute, and mischievous. Juliette is the raven haired beauty that really doesn't seem to have a bad thing to say. Hank is the hulking and somewhat intimidating softee who delivers his lines in a deadpan seriousness that has just the right balance to be funny as well.

And while Juliette and Nick may have been the intended romance in the first season, by the third it is clearly the budding and somewhat clumsy (on his part) romance between Rosealee and Monroe - who seem to be able to quip us to death laughing.

Season three has caused the show to move to a balance of the weekly new Wessen and the increasingly tense battle between Nick and the Wessen council and royal line. In this he has picked up an new and unlikely ally, his boss and police captain - who it turns out is not only one of the few "usually bad" sorts of Wessen (but isn't - or is he?), but is also an illegitimate offspring of Wessen royalty.

Costumes, makeup, and special effects are good - but not so busy as to steal the show. There is occasionally a bit more gore than you want the younger kids to see, and enough to make the older kids go "Koool!"

So there you have it. A weekly story of horror and terror that will leave you laughing and going "aahhhh". The story lines are of less interest than the characters, but the stories are intriguing and different each week, with the background of the conflict with the council and the royals a continuing thread that the audience can follow as a lead-on for the following week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Man this episode ended with me wanting soooo much more!, October 29, 2013
I am completely obsessed with this show! The first 2 seasons where so good, and every episode makes you waiting with baited breath for the next. Believe me, this season looks very promising just from the first episode. If you are a fan of Grimm fairy tales, you will love this. Give it a watch... You won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Score 10 out of 10 for Grimm, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Grimm Season 3 (Amazon Instant Video)
We enjoy this series very much with its light comedy/horror mix. artfully done with characters that are sensitive and yet light. An interesting twist on life feom a monster's point of view and those tasked with getting rid of the "Boogy Man.".

RSC

5.0 out of 5 stars Where Do They Go From Here, October 8, 2013
This has been one of my favorite shows since it's inception but the ending of the last season left all of us fans in a bit of a shock. I can hardly wait to see where it goes from here, the picture looks to be a much darker Nick than we have been seeing. This promo about Monroe and Rosalee is great, the two of them add depth to the show that it would not have otherwise. I have to say I am NOT the biggest fan of Juliette but maybe they can change my mind this season, I was tired of seeing her last season since she did not seem to add much to the show.

UPDATE: Watched the first episode and still don't think Juliette adds much to this show but they are going to keep trying it seems :)

UPDATE: 9 Nov - Tell me they are not going to mess with the basic plotline and make this more "non-violent" the basic plot for this show has already been set but it seem they want to screw with it. I subscribe to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" in regards to this program.

UPDATE: 6 Apr 14 - Since I don't want to do any spoilers, I can say this season has exceeded my expectations and this last episode has blown the doors off of anything I could have predicted, well done it seems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marathon -- start at season one and just keep truckin', December 8, 2013
Kindle Customer (BERRIEN SPRINGS, MICHIGAN, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grimm Season 3 (Amazon Instant Video)
OK, I think I have other season reviews that say these are stand alone shows. By this season, they really are not. The characters are too interwoven and with clips of this one or that one, I can see it would be hard to follow if you didn't know what was going on. That said, Grimm is probably my favorite TV show of all the current shows. I think starting at the first season and watching through the seasons would be worth it. I own them all. The story line is great the Grimm, the Vessen (those who are the fairytale characters), the Royals ... all their lives and relationships interwoven. Any given show will have a theme policeman called to a crime scene. Then, there are the deeper stories that intertwine the weekly characters. It is fresh and well done. It is well worth the money to watch, if you like this kind of show. It is well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars WHERE IS THE NEW EPISODE?!?, November 18, 2013
TONY (OSAGE BEACH, MISSOURI, US) - See all my reviews
Hey! What gives?...New episode is not available....Same issue with "Dracula"..Will someone please fix this issue?..This kind of lapse sucks when u look forward to each week...

5.0 out of 5 stars My Wife got me into this one, October 25, 2013
Good Very Good and Goodest of them all. In some ways I feel this way about everyone that I come in contact with. Two sides to the coin. The person we see and the person you can't see who is lurking just underneath the surface of everyones exterior. All kinds of Beast, Angels, Gifts and Talents. The show itself is a winner because it is the timeless struggle of good and evil from a different in your face (and I do mean in yo face) perspective. Shot well. Acting grade A. Timing keeps you on your toes. Plot keeps moving even after all of these shows. Well done Very Well Done in fact the Well Donest of them all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Started strong and crawled to the finish, October 12, 2014
Adam (Vienna, VA, US) - See all my reviews
The season started well with some interesting tie-ins to the previous season and the aftermath of Nick's resistance to the zombie incident. Sometime around mid-season the dialog really begins to suffer. Hank in particular winds up with some real Captain Obvious lines that are not in keeping with his dialog in earlier shows. The last three or four episodes are just filled with nonsense. T. Rubel as a character just so they can write in someone with the nickname Trouble is something straight out of a Saturday cartoon and several characters must have been struck with a spell of stupidity to not see what was going on the Adalind was up to. Very disappointing last half of the season. I hope they turn this over to better writers in season four. The overall story is fun, but the telling can be a lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vote for Sean Calder to write more Grimm!!!!!, November 16, 2013
Just watched One Night Stand episode of Grimm season 3. My wife watches the show regularly, but I usually just tolerate it while finding hidden humor in the writing. This particular episode was the best written of all, and shocked me so much I wanted to find a way to tell someone. Internet searches as they are, this was my best opportunity. The writer of this episode is Sean Calder, I believe. I looked back at 2 other episodes written by the same person, and they are also some of the best the show has to offer. Please, anyone that has the power, tell them to have this person write more episodes. My wife and I were about to give up on the show, since it took the graphic violent turn in season 3.

Grimm Season 3