3,655 Reviews
 (2,980)

5.0 out of 5 stars There better be a third season
Published 21 months ago by Lab Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm over the whole I don't remember you thing....
I love this show. I really enjoyed the first season. Just enough personal life stuff but not too much. The main plot of each show was some cool creature etc. So far this season I am disappointed at the drift into Nick's personal life. I have to say I never really cared for Juliette. I think she is whiny and annoying. I hope that the show's creators do not fall into...
Published 12 months ago by gg

5.0 out of 5 stars There better be a third season, December 8, 2012
Lab Lover (Upstate New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grimm: Season 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Season two has more than met expectations, and the writers tweaked our noses a bit when the first half of the second season ended by stating on screen: TO BE CONTINUED, and then below those words: SORRY. So the second half looks like a kicker and the characters are becoming more intertwined and more team oriented. The bond between Nick and Monroe continues to strengthen. Particularly touching is when Monroe takes Nick in after Nick leaves the house he shares with Juliette. It's phenomenal, and heightens the greatest paradox on the show: a "Grimm" and a "Wessen" teaming up with total trust in one another. These two characters, and indeed the actors, have unbelievable chemistry between them. If you try to imagine casting two other actors in these roles, it's impossible.

Season two does not fail to entertain nor decrease nail biting in the least. Even I am poised on the edge of my seat wondering where all the plot lines will go. It's among the top three programs I've ever watched in my 58 years. This show will put the actors on the "acting map", particularly David Giuntoli. He's finally been given a chance to show what he can do and broken out of the small parts arena. I noted his performance as a guest in an episode of Grey's Anatomy; he brings strength and sensitivity to any role he takes on, and his Nick character shows this in abundance.

So tune in to this show if you have not done so. After the constant barrage of reality shows and fall-flat comedies, Grimm is a huge change. You'll get lost in its magic and forget your troubles for an hour each week.

5.0 out of 5 stars GRIMM AND GETTING GRIMMER, September 6, 2012
Kathleen "Kathy" (Santa Monica CA USA) - See all my reviews
Grimm is one of the best shows I've watched in the last 61 years. Really!

The makers of this show have given us something very different and tremendously entertaining right from Season 1,episode 1 to Quills, the third show of this second season. The premise, that the Grimms have been after these creatures (that we all thought were imaginary) for centuries, is terrific and they have peopled the show with a fascinating main cast with really fine actors.

How great to have an entire group of people(?) that you can engage with and wonder about; their lives, backgrounds and loyalties. The Chief-of-Police is fascinating and mysterious. I am fond of Monroe, the big, bad wolf, or Blutbad, but have enjoyed the entire panoply of wonderful fairy-tale creatures.

I highly recommend that, if you're not already watching, you tune in and watch, and (like me) buy it; you'll want to watch these shows again.

Kathy W.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hate the new intro, love the second season, August 31, 2012
The new intro is like a bad version of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer intro about being "the chosen one." Other than that, the new season is STELLAR. I'm afraid I'll have a heart attack with every show. It's scary, it's awesome. You love the characters: Nick! Munroe! And Hank is going to be a revelation this season. The Juliet storyline (seriously, is her name supposed to point to star-crossed lovers?) is heart-breaking because Nick is such a lovable (and kick ass) character. This season, you can see that Nick OWNS being a Grimm like he never has before. It's amazing how he can balance being this clean-cut, good guy hero and at the same time be so fierce in battle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome show !, September 21, 2012
I love this show,it's funny,scary and has great characters, it's very well written and has terrific actors, plus I'm never sure where it's going next, which is refreshing.
I can't get enough of this show and I'm always eager for the next episode.
Definitely five stars in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good way to spend an hour., October 27, 2012
neichan "neichan" (SanFranciscoBay Area) - See all my reviews
Another good case this episode. The obligatory Halloween theme is entertaining. In parts it is just fun! Monroe's property decorations are fabulous, his response when he encounters a few little pranksters is predictable but amusing all the same.

The only weak part of the episode is the ongoing Juliette/Sean backstory. It feels intrusive here, like maybe it should have waited until next episode to continue. The current case is more than adequate to hold attention. Oh, and I missed Rosalee.

The new volunteer/recruit Brian is awkward and almost endearing. The dad of the missing child is believable, a strong performance. His relative, an older woman, could work as a returning character. Another source of information for Nick? A foil against Adalind?

Hank and Nick are at ease and function well as a team. Monroe is always worth watching.

The detective from New Mexico is pretty good. I like the writing of this case, it has a well constructed legend, makes it interesting, an engrossing, scary-creepy ghost story for the upcoming holiday. Such a sweet, sweet smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrills and Chills, March 20, 2013
Terri L Stephenson (Sellersburg, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
I really enjoy this show, especially Monroe. He makes me really want to believe in Blutbads (good vegetarian/green-minded Blutbads like him, of course). The show has just enough chills and thrills to keep me tuning in every week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show!, September 21, 2012
I love this show, and the quality of the video is great - even on my iPad v1.
Comcast is so expensive, and I like so few shows, that it's worth it to get a
pass for the series and wait one day to see each episode.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked, completely hooked., September 6, 2012
I love how they have written this show. Love it. The intersection of police proceedural and Grimm Fairy Tales. I'm a little concerned about who knows what at this point but thats what the show is about. So when does Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio make another appearance?

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this series, but you can't hit a home run every time., September 8, 2012
Amazon Customer (Paso Robles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This one was okay, but we need a little quicker exposition of what the Captain's scheme is, and the evil wessin from abroad is quickly becoming formulaic. I love the concept of the series and I love the acting and character development. I'd like to see Bud the eisbiber and friends come around again. Mix it up a little and see if we can't follow up on a few of the guest wessin from the first season. Just a thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I lay me down to sleep, January 29, 2013
This series is really cool, great special effects, entertaining story line, and quite on the money, I actually know some of these creatures, I work with two of them. But I can't say anything more, they do read these reveiws too you know.

Grimm: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
Grimm: Season 2 [Blu-ray] by David Giuntoli (Blu-ray - 2013)
$59.98 $29.96