Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on December 8, 2012
Season two has more than met expectations, and the writers tweaked our noses a bit when the first half of the second season ended by stating on screen: TO BE CONTINUED, and then below those words: SORRY. So the second half looks like a kicker and the characters are becoming more intertwined and more team oriented. The bond between Nick and Monroe continues to strengthen. Particularly touching is when Monroe takes Nick in after Nick leaves the house he shares with Juliette. It's phenomenal, and heightens the greatest paradox on the show: a "Grimm" and a "Wessen" teaming up with total trust in one another. These two characters, and indeed the actors, have unbelievable chemistry between them. If you try to imagine casting two other actors in these roles, it's impossible.

Season two does not fail to entertain nor decrease nail biting in the least. Even I am poised on the edge of my seat wondering where all the plot lines will go. It's among the top three programs I've ever watched in my 58 years. This show will put the actors on the "acting map", particularly David Giuntoli. He's finally been given a chance to show what he can do and broken out of the small parts arena. I noted his performance as a guest in an episode of Grey's Anatomy; he brings strength and sensitivity to any role he takes on, and his Nick character shows this in abundance.

So tune in to this show if you have not done so. After the constant barrage of reality shows and fall-flat comedies, Grimm is a huge change. You'll get lost in its magic and forget your troubles for an hour each week.
1010 comments|162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2012
Grimm is one of the best shows I've watched in the last 61 years. Really!

The makers of this show have given us something very different and tremendously entertaining right from Season 1,episode 1 to Quills, the third show of this second season. The premise, that the Grimms have been after these creatures (that we all thought were imaginary) for centuries, is terrific and they have peopled the show with a fascinating main cast with really fine actors.

How great to have an entire group of people(?) that you can engage with and wonder about; their lives, backgrounds and loyalties. The Chief-of-Police is fascinating and mysterious. I am fond of Monroe, the big, bad wolf, or Blutbad, but have enjoyed the entire panoply of wonderful fairy-tale creatures.

I highly recommend that, if you're not already watching, you tune in and watch, and (like me) buy it; you'll want to watch these shows again.

Kathy W.
33 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 31, 2012
The new intro is like a bad version of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer intro about being "the chosen one." Other than that, the new season is STELLAR. I'm afraid I'll have a heart attack with every show. It's scary, it's awesome. You love the characters: Nick! Munroe! And Hank is going to be a revelation this season. The Juliet storyline (seriously, is her name supposed to point to star-crossed lovers?) is heart-breaking because Nick is such a lovable (and kick ass) character. This season, you can see that Nick OWNS being a Grimm like he never has before. It's amazing how he can balance being this clean-cut, good guy hero and at the same time be so fierce in battle.
33 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2012
I love this show,it's funny,scary and has great characters, it's very well written and has terrific actors, plus I'm never sure where it's going next, which is refreshing.
I can't get enough of this show and I'm always eager for the next episode.
Definitely five stars in my opinion.
on March 20, 2013
I really enjoy this show, especially Monroe. He makes me really want to believe in Blutbads (good vegetarian/green-minded Blutbads like him, of course). The show has just enough chills and thrills to keep me tuning in every week.
on September 21, 2012
I love this show, and the quality of the video is great - even on my iPad v1.
Comcast is so expensive, and I like so few shows, that it's worth it to get a
pass for the series and wait one day to see each episode.
on September 6, 2012
I love how they have written this show. Love it. The intersection of police proceedural and Grimm Fairy Tales. I'm a little concerned about who knows what at this point but thats what the show is about. So when does Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio make another appearance?
on September 8, 2012
This one was okay, but we need a little quicker exposition of what the Captain's scheme is, and the evil wessin from abroad is quickly becoming formulaic. I love the concept of the series and I love the acting and character development. I'd like to see Bud the eisbiber and friends come around again. Mix it up a little and see if we can't follow up on a few of the guest wessin from the first season. Just a thought.
on October 27, 2012
Another good case this episode. The obligatory Halloween theme is entertaining. In parts it is just fun! Monroe's property decorations are fabulous, his response when he encounters a few little pranksters is predictable but amusing all the same.

The only weak part of the episode is the ongoing Juliette/Sean backstory. It feels intrusive here, like maybe it should have waited until next episode to continue. The current case is more than adequate to hold attention. Oh, and I missed Rosalee.

The new volunteer/recruit Brian is awkward and almost endearing. The dad of the missing child is believable, a strong performance. His relative, an older woman, could work as a returning character. Another source of information for Nick? A foil against Adalind?

Hank and Nick are at ease and function well as a team. Monroe is always worth watching.

The detective from New Mexico is pretty good. I like the writing of this case, it has a well constructed legend, makes it interesting, an engrossing, scary-creepy ghost story for the upcoming holiday. Such a sweet, sweet smile.
on September 14, 2013
Finally a show that stepped out of the norm and dared to be different. The writers and actors are amazing! They have created an entire new world living secretly within our own. With such excellent writing and acting you are forced to believe that this story could possibly be true. Can't wait til season 3!