Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Grimm's Fairy Stories
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 1, 2014
This was a wonderful book based upon the classic fairy tales and many more. The Grimm Gary tales are gruesome yet intriguing. I highly reccomend this book to people who are of all ages. I am only a high schooler but my younger brothers who are upper-elementary school and middle school age enjoyed the stories I read to them (Hansel+Gretel, Rapunzle, Snow-White, Snow-White and Rose-Red, Cinderrell, Goose Girl, and Faithful John) and always wanted to hear more. This is a book good for many ages but may be too graphic or gruesome for children younger than 8.
on April 15, 2010
This book was formerly named "First edition" and now "Original version". I bought the "First edition". Once in my hands I found the title rather misleading, It inclined one to think that the book contained the first edition of the tales. But in the first page of the book is stated: "Grimm's fairy stories. 1922". Actually the firts version of Grimm's stories dates back to 1812 - 1814, and they changed the stories several times producing seven different editions until 1857. Then, which original version are you getting?
on December 26, 2013
The original versions of what you're used to associate to the term "fairy tales". You’ve probably heard them all before, but not quite like this. The texts were put into digital format by voluntary work, and the job is well done, most of all for the price that you're paying. The text is not quite contemporary, but the read is easy and pleasant. Worth your while for certain.
on February 21, 2014
Free book on Grimm's stories, what's not to like? I urge everyone out there before buying a copy of any older classic (Dracula, Grimm's, Pride and Prejuidice) to look for a free version. The books are considered public domain and can be found for free rather than buying them. Amazon has free copies of loads of public domain books. Please check before you pay!
on April 26, 2016
I read these stories before in a paper book. Some are more famous than others. I am glad to have them on my Kindle. Snow White, Hansel and Grethel, and other stories you have heard of are contained in this book. There are others too you may not have heard of but are equally as entertaining in the book. A good read.
on October 30, 2013
This is one of those cases where you've heard of something for so long that you think you've already experienced it, but then you realize that you haven't so it give it a try and it's not what you expected...Does that make sense?

Everyone is familiar with some aspect of the Grim Fairly Tales, but how many of us have actually read any of the original stories. I fan a fairytales for as long as I can remember, I decided it was time for me to right a great wrong I had committed against myself. I had never read any of the Grim stories until recently and I was shocked, amazed, weirded out, and a little disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I loved these stories, they were awesome, but they were not what I think of as fairytales. I have been so brainwashed by mainstream modern thinking that I almost wouldn't allow myself to enjoy these stories for what they truly are, brilliant.

I think the main two reasons I didn't give this book a five is: 1. that I would never actually read these to any child under the age of 10. If a nine year happened to pick these up and love them, good for them, but I'm not planting crazy dreams into the minds of any kids anytime soon...oh and fables these are not; not many good lessons to be learned here. 2. Some of the stories seemed to overlap or repeat. I know that in this day and age, everyone borrows ideas from everyone else, but I figured back then, these guys should have been able to come up with a collection of stories that didn't all sound the same...but of course I'm exaggerating. Most of the stores were quite original, but the little bit of repetition there was, drove me crazy.

I must give the brothers Grim and whoever influenced them, some French guy I can think of, a clap of praise for inspiring and influencing storytellers for centuries beyond their time. I might, just for fun, one day write my own versions of these wonderful stories. I mean, they are now permanently stained onto my brain, I might as well do something with them...Truthfully, I'd recommend this to anyone ten or over.
on August 17, 2015
The quality of the stories here speak for themselves. If you have never had the read the Grimm tales it is well worth your time to read both the stories that are new and the ones you think you know. You may be surprised what you find.

For a public domain Kindle book I am very impressed with how well organized this collection is. It lacks any of the extras you might hope for in a co-reading book but as a straight out loud or personal reader it is an excellent collection.
on May 28, 2014
It is really nice to be able to find all the wonderful stories that I grew up with in one place. The book includes tales such as "Cinderella", "Little Red Cap" (AKA-Little Red Riding Hood), "Hansel and Grethel", "Rapunzel", "The Frog Prince" and TONS more. Many of these have been made into movies but reading the real version too can be a real eye opener. In addition to all the stories you may "know" there are some wonderful ones that are worth taking a look at.
on October 6, 2014
There were many words that were misspelled or out of place, but other than that - Grimm's itself is a great storytelling book. The brothers interestingly repeated many elements of their stories, and even in one described a girl as a "Cinderella." If you'd like to discover what many have already read before you, and maybe even study the multiple references to stepmothers, singular boys as tall as a thumb, dwarfs, princesses locked up in castles and three-of-a-kind of most everything.
on November 4, 2014
I love these fairy tales. When I was in high school my school put on a Grimm's fairy tales play, which got me into these in the first place. They are so different from the Disney remakes that I grew up on. They are still great.