Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Grinding Indian Spices Will the Blendtec - grind Indian spices to a smooth paste - with
coconut added?

thanks,
asked by Paula Britto Vaz on May 18, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Yes. We made coconut chutney and "puli thogayal" just by pressing pulse button. Surprised to see the real paste, in less than a minute - we are happy we made the correct decision of buying this product. We were using Osterizer and Priya blenders, but they are no match for this blender, despite the fact that this blender costs about 10 times the cost of Oster.
K. Raman answered on November 6, 2011
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Absolutely - it will comfortably grind the coconut for chutney makes it great even if you add chick peas. I make coastal (konkani) coconut recipes with this all the time. This blender grinds it like a stone grinder would.
truthoflife answered on July 4, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Vitamix surely will. I do this almost daily on Vitamix. Blendtec seems like a comparable machine, my only issue is lack of proper control with manual switches. Vitamix is a simpler machine but probably works well. I have had one for over 15 years. Still runs like new.
Natarajan Iyer answered on September 13, 2011
Comment | 3 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am sure it will. we were at costco and saw demo. they made wheat flour in the blender . did not see more but they had all kind of pulses there so i am sure it can handle any indian spices..was very tempted to buy one.
Mahavir Shah answered on October 7, 2011
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product