4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than my cheap plastic ones...
I really like these measuring spoons. The ergonomic grips are really nice and I appreciate them much more than I thought I would, especially when pouring into the spoon from a large jug, etc.

Published on March 23, 2006 by thassler

3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly Disappointed.
Published on May 7, 2007 by Jenna Rebecca

3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly Disappointed., May 7, 2007
This review is from: Oxo Good Grips Measuring Spoons, Stainless Steel, 4-Pc (Kitchen)
I was really excited to purchase these. OXO has always provided me with quality kitchen equipment that works fabulously. Unfortunately, these spoons did not live up to that expectation. The writing on the spoons quickly wore off after only having them for a month. Now I cannot verify that I am, in fact, using the tablespoon. In addition, one of the spoons fell apart. I am sadly disappointed, but not get willing to give up on OXO products yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than my cheap plastic ones..., March 23, 2006

They are OXO quality, so you can beat them up pretty hard and they'll stand up to the torture from scouring to the dishwasher. I actually found the keyring to be perfect, it keeps them together without making it really hard to detach if you need to. I suppose a caribiner-style clip would make it better, but I had no issues. They are well balanced and I think the only drawback is that the metal is a bit thin, so they can bend. If it were maybe half-again as thick or of a harder steel, it probably wouldn't be an issue. They could also just forge them with a spine to make bending much more difficult.

I really like them and they are way beyond those cheap plastic ones that cost a buck at the mega-marts. 4 Stars because I don't think they should bend at all at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a good product, August 12, 2003
A. Kemel "AKemel" (Highland Park, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these because they are made of metal - I was tired of my plastic measuring spoons flying around in the dishwasher. But since they are metal, when I'm measuring oil or anything else light in color, it's hard to see the amount of liquid in the spoon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Tool., November 26, 2000
Solid piece of cooking gear. Cleans up very well after sticky, gooey syrup. I like this and the measuring scoops.
I believe in spending a little bit more on good kitchen gear, and I would not hesitate to buy this again, and look forward to giving it as a gift, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Spoons, August 10, 2001
By A Customer
I have other measuring spoons that are plastic, but I always reach for these OXO stainless steel spoons first. The spoons are rounded instead of oblong-shaped, so it's easier to measure and level off sugar and flour exactly. Another great feature is that they're easy to get on and off the ring, so you don't have to juggle all four spoons at once when you're trying to add ingredients to your mixing bowl. Rubber handles keep the spoons from slipping, and the spoons are really easy to clean. These are a great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars This set is top of the line, July 7, 2000
OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons are one of the best sets I have seen. They are of sturdy construction and are diswasher safe. The are visably marked and colored for those of us who do not want to search for the size. For me and a few of my friends this set is perfect. I know I will not think about another set, unless of couse OXO can upgrade its already great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Set, August 26, 2005
I bought these to replace my stainless steel spoons that were mangled by the garbage disposal. I would have given these 5 stars but I don't like the ring that holds the spoons since the spoons keep falling off and it doesn't include the 1/8 teaspoon. Other than that, I like them. They are not as sturdy as my previous set but are a nice addition to my kitchen essentials.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, October 14, 2006
Anonymous (Queens, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I'm a fan of many Oxo products, but I have not been happy with these spoons. My main complaint is that the hanger-like device that holds the spoons together is badly designed and annoying. It's hard to maneuver between spoons, so you wind up just taking them off and leaving the spoons loose. I'd rather have spoons that stack well and that are held together by an enclosed ring. My second complaint is that the round shape doesn't fit in narrow bottles. I'm going to purchase the Cuisipro instead. On a positive note, the Oxo set of 3 plastic bowls are absolutely fantastic. I use them every day and am buying a set for my sister too. They are lightweight, the grips are great, and they clean up like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong & Sturdy, August 19, 2004
I love, love, love these measuring spoons. They are strong and sturdy... no bending when scooping out something like shortening. Comfortable to use, easy to clean. I recommend this set of measuring spoons!

1.0 out of 5 stars The writing on the spoons quickly wore off, August 31, 2010
The writing on the spoons quickly wore off. I cannot verify that I am, in fact, using the teaspoon, tablespoon, or any other spoon.