It's all about protection. The world of the web is a wonderful reality with text, images and sounds that teach, excite, and invigorate. Yet, like any world, there are opportunists waiting to pounce on unwitting victims cruising the Internet. General advice is "Do not go online before installing Internet Security software to your PC". AVG Internet Security is complete security protection against the most serious Internet threats. Defend yourself against viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, adware, hackers and spam. The built-in antivirus, anti-spyware and anti-spam tools keep your inbox free and clear - while a firewall defends your PC from hacker intrusions. Compatible with Windows Vista. 24/7 technical support provided at no extra cost Improved virus detection based on better heuristics and NTFS data streams scanning Unique automatic threat-removal anti-spyware engine Automatic firewall profile switching for improved security and usability AVG's world-class product support is provided at no extra cost to all registered AVG customers Up-to-the-minute updates available around-the-clock as AVG virus experts react rapidly to new and emerging threats. High speed delivery via worldwide networks guarantees maximum protection levels for users Using the latest state-of-the-art detection technology, AVG detects spyware, adware, DLL-trojans, keyloggers, and much more. Malware hidden in data streams, archives, or the Windows registry is also detected AVG Firewall monitors all communication to and from the computer, blocking external attacks and preventing trojans from exporting confidential data AVG Resident Shield can include/exclude files from being scanned based on individual file extensions AVG can automatically heal or remove infected files Checks email from viruses
From the Manufacturer
AVG Internet Security provides complete security protection against all of the most serious Internet threats, including viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, adware, hackers, and spam. Plus, it's compatible with Windows Vista!
- Anti-Virus protects from viruses, worms, and trojans
- Anti-Spyware protects from spyware, adware, and other malicious programs
- Anti-Spam filters spam and protects against phishing attacks
- Firewall protects from hackers
- All-in-one, easy-to-use protection--install and forget
- New program versions and updates, for free, throughout the license duration
- Quality proven by all major antivirus certifications
- 24/7 technical support provided at no extra cost
- Improved virus detection based on better heuristics and NTFS data streams scanning
- Unique automatic threat-removal anti-spyware engine
- Automatic firewall profile switching for improved security and usability
- 100-percent virus detection: AVGs scanning engine has received numerous awards for its excellent detection of "in the wild" viruses. Its unique combination of detection methods provides full protection against viruses, worms, and trojans.
- Cutting-edge anti-spyware technology: Using the latest state-of-the-art detection technology, AVG detects spyware, adware, DLL-trojans, keyloggers, and much more. Malware hidden in data streams, archives, or the Windows registry is also detected.
- Full on-access protection: The powerful AVG Resident Shield provides maximum protection by scanning every file opened, executed, or saved. It also prevents the opening or executing of infected files.
- Flexible intelligent scanning: the AVG Resident Shield can include/exclude files from being scanned based on individual file extensions and can handle exceptions for potentially unwanted programs such as adware.
- Full email protection: AVG checks every email sent or received, providing full protection from email-borne threats. AVG supports all leading email clients, including MS Outlook, The bat!, Eudora, and all other SMTP/POP3-based email clients, such as Outlook Express. Encrypted connections using SSL are also supported.
- Email spam and phishing filtering: AVG checks every email received, using the latest technology and up-to-the-minute spam signatures to ensure maximum detection rates for spam and phishing attacks.
- Automatic threat handling: AVG can automatically heal or remove infected files and other threats such as trojans, worms, and spyware.
- Control over all network access: The AVG Firewall monitors all communication to and from the computer, blocking external attacks and preventing trojans from exporting confidential data. The AVG Firewall configuration wizard automatically creates access rules for all popular software. In addition, the firewall can switch profiles automatically, based upon the current connection type, ensuring seamless changeover for notebooks.
- Powerful scheduling: AVG automatically provides recommended daily schedules for scanning and updating, and also allows you to create custom-scheduled events.
- Multiple language support: no need to buy a special language version.