on October 27, 2008
I am a one man shop and rebuild airplanes for my living.My Review Grizzly Industrial 52” 3 in one sheet metal machine: shear, finger press brake, slip rolls PN G0629great machine for the price, delivered in Alaska $1350. It is a cheep import machine with some issues I will describe below, but none I can't live with so far, as I assumed going in I would have some things to deal with.I had to wait for second batch of these as they were sold out when I finally got money to order one.Great if you a space cramped like me and do not have room for all 3 different dedicated machines. I have always wanted a 3 in one machine like this but never saw a model this wide being made, the 52” was wider than I had hoped for, and allows full sheet & angle cuts and rolling. And is a redesigned beefed up version...not just widerCapacity is not as thick as dedicated machines, but..... also there are some bends you still will want to borrow a regular break for...Issues:1.the one roller was ground poorly like grinding wheel used had a chunk out of it, grizzly replaced it, no questions asked, free & free shipping, 3 minutes on phone :-)2.the fingers in press brake fall out.. someone ground the fingers to make them look nice and they are now too thin to be held securely .. have to put masking tape on them to hold in place.. will have to grind down holding bar to fix properly... just annoying...3.they need to ship this with a BIG tube of locktite!! all the bolt fits are very loose and things keep loosening up... upper blade hits lower blade if things get loose... I must fix this, but it is easy...4.one handle did not fit in grove for it... easy fix5.the roller mounts/bushings are not to tight of a fit and can move, I am sure this will need attention before making any good rolled items ans it will mark items as it chatters, should be relatively easy to fix. Also need way to keep bushings lubed good6.the shipping crate is DANGEROUS! Sits on a poor quality piece of 3/4” plywood (800 lbs!!!) supported only at ends 50 some inches apart!... and that wood self destructs in moving it, and it will roll off forks if that plywood ruptures, which is a very real possibility.. watch out!7.Fingers look wimpy/thin.. but so far no issues.. personal observationBut I would recommend one for every garage don't think it would last in a big shop production environment without a few upgrades but for the price it can't be beat!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

See 1 answered question