4.0 out of 5 stars trim but a bit small
Published on March 7, 2012 by R.S.

3.0 out of 5 stars The mawashi of training pants
After searching and trying numerous different types of training pants for my chunky and very tall two year old, I came across the Grovia My Choice Trainer and thought I'd give it a try mainly because of the option to buy the expandable side panels in a "plus size" (3t-5t).

Facts:

The plus size panel does NOT come with this trainer, just the regular...
Published on February 1, 2012 by Dwight Beckford

3.0 out of 5 stars The mawashi of training pants, February 1, 2012

Facts:

The plus size panel does NOT come with this trainer, just the regular size panel. I purchased the plus size panel separately.

The trainer (with the regular panels) will NOT fit a child up to 50lbs unless you have an exceedingly tall child.

The trainer (with the plus size panels) did not fit my chunky and very tall two year old in a way that would be comfortable or practical for potty training and would not allow room for the addition of a prefold in the built-in pocket for overnight and naps.

The regular and plus size panels can NOT be snapped together to extend the size of this trainer because of the configuration of the snaps. If you wanted to change the snap configuration by somehow adding your own snaps, it may be feasible but for $19, I'm not going to alter this trainer. Besides, it would likely mean a row of snaps going down the side of the hip with little cushioning hence creating an uncomfortable retrofit.

The trainer looks like a mawashi (sumo diaper) when worn (bulky and narrow through the crotch)...this is likely because of the side panels.

The material of the trainer itself is very soft and silky and it appears it would be comfortable and contain one "accident" without leaking but I never washed and actually tried using the trainer on my toddler so I can't say for sure.

The side panel material isn't soft on the outside stretchy "flex" part but is lined on the inside part of the panel that touches the skin.

The snaps "snap" tightly and don't easily pull apart and appear to be securely fastened to the trainer and panels.

Overall, I think this trainer would be worth a try if it fits your child. I have used the basic Gerber trainers, Imse Vimse trainers, Mother-ease trainers, Nature Babycare trainers, Earth's Best trainers, and Bambo trainers. Imse Vimse is by far the best in terms of quality, durability, comfort, containing an accident, price, and ease of washing. I will stick with Imse Vimse.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed, August 25, 2012
This review is from: GroVia My Choice Trainer, Cloud (Baby Product)
My daughter is not ready to fully potty learn but she is interested in trying to pull down her pants and sit on the potty. Unfortunately this isn't so feasible with her prefolds and snapped pockets. So, I was on the hunt for a true pull up cloth DIAPER--as in one that has absorbency like a true cloth diaper but can be pulled up and down. She's too small for the BG Flip trainers and Grovias were cheaper than Antsy Pants so I thought I'd give these a try. So we've been trying to like this stuffable trainer for a month now and I really have to say I'm constantly disappointed.

Pros:
- it is technically stuffable so it can be used as a pocket but that the toddler can maneuver on their own.
- it fits my petite toddler really well. It definitely isn't too big. That is a huge plus as the other trainers on the market are MUCH larger. She's only in size 12-18 mos. clothes and these fit her in the waist comfortably and in the rise.
- I can unsnap the sides to change her if she does soil this diaper.

Cons:
- As I stated I want to use this as a stuffed pull up pocket diaper. Unfortunately the pocket is VERY impractical. It is extremely narrow so it doesn't fit any of my standard hemp or bamboo inserts. In fact the only thing I own that worked to stuff in it is the thin (almost otherwise useless) organic gerber prefolds I had gotten as a shower gift. I don't own any grovia inserts so maybe those fit, but frankly two years + into our cloth stash I'm not going to buy more inserts I don't really need.
- The pocket iteslf is REALLY tight so even inserting something is next to impossible. The stitching on the side of the pocket is starting to tear just from WHEN I PUT MY HAND IN IT to stuff it. That is ridiculous.
- This diaper is really hard to clean.
- as a Previous Reviewer stated, this diaper looks really uncomfortable to actually wear. My daughter certainly doesn't really like it so right now its at the bottom of the stash.

In short, as a DIAPER this is a very poorly designed one. The pocket needs to be widened for sure. As a TRAINING pant there are MANY other options out there that are far better designed.. in my opinion even Gerbers are vastly better than these and MUCH cheaper.

4.0 out of 5 stars trim but a bit small, March 7, 2012
This review is from: GroVia My Choice Trainer, Cloud (Baby Product)
I use these for night on my 3 year old who is almost 4 now, he is very thin and tall and although fully potty trained about once a month he will wet at night. I have to unsnap the bottom closure so that they will fit him otherwise he can barely pull them up. We have some from antsy pants that fit him much better and are softer too...It is a good quality product however I wish that it fit him better. Antsy pants sizing is more exact (2t, 3t, 4t, etc. ) We have 4t and they are perfect.

2.0 out of 5 stars takes too long to dry and doesn't do the best job of helping my baby feel wet, May 9, 2012
This review is from: GroVia My Choice Trainer, Cloud (Baby Product)
My biggest complaint about this product is that after washing, they take a very long time to dry. The material that holds liquid is a thick section made of natural fiber, encased in synthetic fiber. I have to turn this part of the pant inside out to help it dry faster, and still, with a normal load of drying, it isn't completely dry.

My secondary complaint is that it does such a good job of absorbing that my baby doesn't feel wet. I've tried Blueberry training pants and plain underwear and am having better luck with those options. This Grovia Trainer is well made but I agree with other reviewers that it is a bit trim -- my child is small and only 20 months as we are using it and it feels perfect for her size-wise. Unfortunately it isn't performing as I need it to, so I can't recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these!, February 22, 2012
tails (United States) - See all my reviews
I have used a lot of different kinds of diapers on my kids over the years, and these are my new favorite.

These are absorbent enough on their own to hold one accident, but they have a pocket so I can add a doubler/insert if needed, which I usually add if we need to leave the house and she hasn't gone for a while.
The layer against baby's skin is polyester, which I normally don't like, but it's not the microfiber fleece stuff that normally lines pocket diapers. It's smooth, so it doesn't irritate her skin, it doesn't seem to hold smells at all (so far), and the few poopy accidents we've had washed out very easily.
They're also trim enough that I don't have to buy pants a size up like I did to make them fit over some of her cloth diapers.
The fit on the front and the back is the same, so if your tot puts them on backwards, it's no big deal.

On sizing, my tot is 21 months old, 34" tall, and about 27 pounds. She doesn't need the rise snapped up, and the waist isn't too tight, but it definitely would have fit her at least 6 months ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tight for 2-yr old, November 25, 2012
This review is from: GroVia My Choice Trainer, Cloud (Baby Product)
Great concept, but sides were too tight for my 2.5-yr old who is very average at 32 lbs. It was so tight it was hard to get on, and forget the toddler taking off on his own to go potty. The cost makes it prohibitively expensive to buy larger sides separately. Wish they came in choice of side sizes.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love the my choice trainer, July 28, 2012
Michael Labman (Costa Mesa, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I love this trainer! I use to use a cloth diaper at night for our daughter and they always leaked. Our daughter is about 3 feet tall and 28 lbs and they fit her perfectly without the extra large extender. I actually came on here to read reviews, because I wanted to get some of there other products for our new baby and was shocked at the rating and some reviews. These are the best in my opinion!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, February 10, 2014
I go this trainer for my toddler she is 35-36pounds and she doesn't fit in to these first day i put them on her she got horrible cut in marks on her thighs. other then the fit the trainer is cute but poorly made the stitches are coming out of it form my putting my hand in the pocket to turn it inside out to dry since it's very hard to dry the hemp liner. not recommended for bigger toddlers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fail, December 22, 2012
This review is from: GroVia My Choice Trainer, Cloud (Baby Product)
My daughter is 31 lbs and potty trained during the day. I purchased 3 of these for night time. I stuff them with Hemp Thirsties and they do absorb a lot. Problem is...side panels started falling apart after 2 washes and the snaps leave deep red marks on her butt. She hates them! Being laid off and having spent all my money on these I am determined to make these work, so I bought new side panels in plus size. I ordered 2 different colors. The purple ones are about an inch shorter than the blue ones, even though both claim to be the same size??? Not sure which is the correct size. Very annoyed, and do not recommend. Good idea, bad quality control!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product! I've been looking really hard for cloth ..., September 8, 2014
This review is from: GroVia My Choice Trainer, Cloud (Baby Product)
This is a great product! I've been looking really hard for cloth pull-ups that don't leak and here it is. The elastic sides make it so that it fits my very tall 2 year old, and she can still push them down and pull them up. I appreciate the snaps because there are times when we put her panties on over the pull-ups (to keep her used to the idea of panties). Her daycare insists on the pull-ups, but she is fine without them at home. So I can just unsnap the pull-ups to get them off quickly so she hangs out in her panties. Also easy to wash and dry! I have these in three colors

GroVia My Choice Trainer, Cloud