5.0 out of 5 stars Great spout
Published 6 months ago by CalKareBear

3.0 out of 5 stars The design and functionality is great! However
The design and functionality is great! However, I used it twice and accidentally dropped it and it broke! I just wish they had an outer grip lining of some sort that would make it less slippery. Otherwise, I LOVED it - the short time I had it...
Published 1 month ago by Anderson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great spout, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Grosche RIO Glass Water Pitcher and Drink Infuser
This carafe is gorgeous and the lid works amazingly well. Not exactly sure what the mechanism is but the lid has a loose top that kind of rattles around but when you pour, the looseness allows the water to flow through easily even with pulp floating near the top. At first, if the pulp appears to clog the spout, you just give it a little shake and the water flows through perfectly. Totally different from the other pitcher I bought that just has a grated lid where the pulp clogs up the grate.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Beautiful a it is Functional, December 20, 2013
JD "JD" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grosche RIO Glass Water Pitcher and Drink Infuser
Arrived quickly and in perfect condition. The glass is well made and thick, but not so thick to make it substantially heavy. The stainless steel lid is a brilliant design, using gravity to open and close the lid plate. And best of all NO TOXIC PLASTIC! The seal ring is made of silicone.

I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Searched for awhile and found the right one, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Grosche RIO Glass Water Pitcher and Drink Infuser
I searched for about two weeks to find the right GLASS infuser pitcher. Now, this pitcher does not hold a ton of water but I didn't mind because I liked the idea of the fruit continuously being in liquid. I just refill the pitcher when it gets about halfway empty, so technically with the fruits I put in it I get about a pitcher and a half of use. I love that the top does not get backed up with pulp, I love the design, look and craftsmanship. It has been worth the wait and I'd highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who knew a water pitcher could be so nice?, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Grosche RIO Glass Water Pitcher and Drink Infuser
This water vessel is functional and beautiful. The clever top is designed to let the water flow without pushing any buttons or opening anything. It works flawlessly. It's not too big and fits in the door of the fridge and is pretty enough to sit on the table at dinner. I didn't know I'd like it so much that I'd take the time to rate it, but I was surprised. It's really nice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Grosche RIO Glass Water Pitcher and Drink Infuser
I love this container. I wish they would offer one with larger capacity, though. The mechanism for the lid is easy to use. I saw some reviewers said it was hard to get the water to flow, but I have no problem. You just give the container an extra shake and the water flows freely. I also like that as you use the water, none of the fruit or flavoring items are above the water line. I have another pitcher with the cylinder in the center and you have to keep it full so the fruit doesn't get exposed to the air. MAKE A BIGGER ONE PLEASE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Striking looks; excellent build quality; works great for both fruit and making sun tea, June 8, 2014
This review is from: Grosche RIO Glass Water Pitcher and Drink Infuser
I’m really impressed with this pitcher/infuser. I've used a couple other infusers that were made of plastic and, while they certainly worked fine, they were not what I’d call attractive. Very utilitarian.

This infuser, however, is very striking. The glass is artfully shaped not only for looks, but also for ease of use – it’s easy to keep a firm grip on the pitcher where the neck narrows near the top. It’s heavy as well, which gives me confidence that the glass will stand up to a good measure of use.

The top is stainless steel and is well thought out as to how it will work. When you tip the pitcher to pour, a plate moves, allowing water, but not the fruit (or ice or whatever else you have in the water) to come out easily. The top is angled to allow for very easy and mess-free pouring. When you turn the pitcher back upright the plate moves back into place sealing off the top and keeping things fresh. I really appreciate simple designs such as this that are built well and work as they should.

The top is held in place with a rubber gasket. It comes with two so you can swap colors (red or orange) if you want to color coordinate with what you have in the water. They hold tight enough to create a good seal, but do not cause a problem when you want to remove the top to fill the pitcher.

Fruit-infused water is very tasty – I’m a big fan of berries plus lemon for a sweet/tart balance. But you can use pretty much any type of fruit. The smaller the pieces, the more flavorful the water. I make it without sugar since I find that more refreshing in hot weather, but you can also add sugar or a sugar substitute if you want a sweeter taste.

This also is a great way to brew sun tea. Just add some teabags, fill with water, and leave it in the sun for a few hours. The tea comes out very mellow and tasty. I also add in some lemon wedges so the tea infuses with the lemon while it’s in the sun. The cap makes it easy to remove the tea bags provided that you trap the string under the gasket, and you can leave the lemon in the pitcher since the top cap will keep them from coming out when you pour.

While there are less expensive plastic water infusers, this really stands out in terms of looks, overall design, and functionality. While glass is, of course, more fragile, I always prefer glass over plastic whenever possible due to the ease of keeping glass clean and the lack of staining. Very highly recommend.
[Sample provided for review]

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great water infuser!, June 16, 2014
This review is from: Grosche RIO Glass Water Pitcher and Drink Infuser
I love that this is made of glass and has the strainer at the top. The pitcher is a nice size (one liter) and you can refill it two or three times before discarding the fruit. The fruit flavors the water nicely and the water stays fresh due to the size of the pitcher. It fits in the fridge on the top shelf or in the cooler door and is easy to clean out as well. Great idea that the company provided another plastic connector ring as well. I previously had the plastic infuser bottle with the inner chamber and did not think the water absorbed enough of the fruit flavor and not so easy to clean out the chamber. I would recommend this to friends for sure to break that soda habit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 12, 2014
This review is from: Grosche RIO Glass Water Pitcher and Drink Infuser
This is such an excellent pitcher. It is exactly what I was looking for. It is both stylish and functional!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 2, 2014
Great product

5.0 out of 5 stars Margarita Time!, June 25, 2014
This review is from: Grosche RIO Glass Water Pitcher and Drink Infuser
This pitcher looks classy, and it functions well. I left a sliced lime, orange, and peach in the pitcher with tequila and grand marnier over night, and made the best margaritas ever the next day. I guess it would probably work for water too...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›