5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for all types of groups
I purchased this book to help assist in designing a support group in my local area. There are several easy group ideas to help get the group started, build rapport with and between the group members, as well as ideas for ending the group.

What a great resource! I wish I had had this when I was taking my group counseling class in my master's program!
Published on February 18, 2009 by M & M

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
The book is broken down into little "tips". The tips end up being very short activity suggestions. I work with teens and was not able to pull much from the book. It may be a better fit for adult groups.
Published on October 30, 2011 by GNT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for all types of groups, February 18, 2009
This review is from: 103 Group Activities and TIPS (Treatment Ideas & Practical Strategies) (Spiral-bound)

5.0 out of 5 stars 103 Group Activities and Tips, May 17, 2009
GREAT RESOURCE BOOK,HAS WONDERFUL AND ENRICHING IDEAS THAT WOULD SUIT EVERYTHING FROM FAMILY THERAPY, EDUCATIONAL SETTINGS TO ADDICTION GROUP SESSIONS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mental ward patient responses, August 23, 2010
I have purchased quite a few group activity books for use for the groups that I run on a mental ward in Pa. This book is absolutely the best of the lot. Activities from other sourses are helpful in supplimenting the material in this manual, but that is seldom necessary. I'll be looking for the author's next volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars 103 Group Activities, February 22, 2011
This is an excellent book to use with groups. The ideas are fresh and easy to work with for small, medium or large groups.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, April 20, 2012
I am a Substance Abuse Counselor and some of these activities work great with my groups. I work mostly with adults but it really work well with the adolescent groups as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great and easy book book to use with experiential activities to reinforce concepts and skills, March 28, 2010
She has two of these on here and both are well written, easily organized, read and implemented. You wont' do a brain drain or make tons of copies for handouts with this book. Really good exercises for quick and efficient teaching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ratings for group ideas and encounters., March 17, 2014
Great activities to use with groups and individuals to facilitate understanding of the process of addiction. Makes for good reading. Easily understood and easy to apply. User friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, March 27, 2014
FLgirl (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This book is wonderful!!! It has a great activities that can be used with any population. I am constantly sharing it with other people in my office. It's definitely worth every penny!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Group Activities, September 2, 2013
Good book for group activities, mostly the ice breakers. I modified some of the activities for individual therapy. The pages are easy to rip out so its easy to make copies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Men, Women, Girl and Boys. Especially Teenagers Deserve The Opportunity to Own or Be Taught Out Of This Book, September 17, 2014
The Group Activities and Tips Book has truly been a God Send for me. I haven't finished reading it at this time but what I have covered is just what I needed as the Director of the Women's Group in my church.. It is a GREAT book. That is, to Build up self-esteem, Improve leadership skills, How to become less critical and more positive and the Group Exercises really is wonderful and so simple everyone can relate to them even myself it an enhancer for all people..

Thanks,

Dr. Ruth Britton

103 Group Activities and TIPS (Treatment Ideas & Practical Strategies)
103 Group Activities and TIPS (Treatment Ideas & Practical Strategies) by Judith A. Belmont (Spiral-bound - January 1, 2006)
$29.95 $22.70