Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Grove Square Cider, Caramel Apple, 24 Single Serve Cups
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Flavor: Caramel Apple|Size: 24 Count|Change
Price:$7.18+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on December 1, 2011
This is the best tasting Sugar FREE drink for a K-Cup I have tried. I used the medium setting for my brewer adn got a very good cup; there is no aftertaste at all. This is a fresh apple caramel with a hint of cinnamon. I have had real apple cider that tasted about the same. This is a treat that even a diabetic could go for and enjoy. I am not sure why there are so many 1 star reviews, but i really do disagree.

10 cal (0 fat) -- 0g fat sat -- 1 carb -- 0g sugar -- <1g fiber
99 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2011
Nice caramel apple flavor (its an artificially sweetened powder that completely dissolves and empties out of the k-cup). This can have a somewhat strong/tart flavor on small cup setting, so i run the same k-cup twice on 'small' cup setting in a large mug to dilute it slightly more to suit my taste. Quick and convenient hot apple cider with caramel touch for those occasions when you crave apple cider, hot or cold add ice cubes).

***update*** noticed my keurig was spurting during brew cycle but only when using this caramel apple cider k-cup. After making a cup of cider, i decided to cut the foil open on the top of the k-cup. I discovered this stuff clumps during brewing inside the bottom of the cup as a sticky ball. It has done it on the second pack as well, so might be product & not just a bad batch. Might be clogging up the discharge needle in the bottom of the k-cup. Just to check out what's inside, I cut open a new cup and small amuont of brown and white powder is all there is to this.
on October 18, 2011
I just received this product today and although I've been disappointed with K-Cups that weren't coffee or tea in the past (like hot cocoa and sweet tea) I figured I'd give these a shot since it was only $9.99 for 24. I drank it hot, although you can also brew it over ice for a cold drink. Immediately after brewing I noticed it looked a little weak in the cup, but it smelled pretty good.

My reaction to my first sip was a bit on the "bleh" side. The caramel taste was a little odd and a touch sickly sweet. However, as I drank a little more it grew on me. It's certainly not like heating up a nice cup of real cider from a farm, but it's more convenient, it doesn't go bad, and makes a decent little cup of cider on a nice chilly evening.

For $9.99 I recommend giving it a shot. Don't go all out and buy the 3-pack of 18 cups right off the bat though.
on May 1, 2012
I am absolutely OBSESSED with these k-cups. I don't want to admit to how many of these boxes I've gone through in the past few months. It's embarrasing.

The flavor is rich, sweet and tangy. It's better than any other hot cider drink I've tasted and the best part is, it's sugar-free and only 10 calories. As a treat, I like to top with fat free whipped cream -- it seems like SUCH an indulgence, but it's very low in calories!

As someone who is always watching watch I eat, I do not like to "drink" my calories if I can help it -- which is why I shy away from the other hot cider/hot chocolate/teas for my Keurig. Most clock in at around 60-80 calories, so I only have one every few days or so. I can't drink one after another...like I do with these. See? I told you I was obsessed!

All that said, I am someone who is USED to eating/drinking artificially flavored/sugar free drinks. I'm a diet soda/Crystal Lite drinker, so the taste isn't anything "new" to me -- in fact, I don't quite understand what all the complaining is about these k-cups on here is all about.

You can't beat the price -- I'm on the subscribe 'n save plan but I am already ordering more frequently than that because I drink these k-cups like a fish!
on January 14, 2015
I actually loved this item until they changed it. It is supposed to be sugar-free in a brown k-cup, no sugar, no cane syrup. Very light weight cup since it used Aspartame. What I have gotten the last two times I ordered is a White k-cup with corn syrup solids as first ingredient. Totally insoluble in my brewer. Makes a milky foul muck in my cup and leaves 90% of product still in k-cup.
review image
on January 16, 2015
Please do not miss this stipulation (as I did): "No longer Sugar Free! These will contain sugar." This is very confusing since some of the seller websites for this product list aspartame (artificial sweetener) as an ingredient. I physically need to keep an eye on my sugar intake. While the new, sugary version of this product is certainly delicious, I will not be able to enjoy it as I used to.
review image
on January 23, 2012
I'm so glad I didn't pay attention to the bad reviews for this product. Obviously, it's not going to taste the same for people who are used to cane sugar and corn syrup sweeteners. Now, most importantly, the taste is RICH, SWEET and hearty. It is not weak, and it even has some of that apple "bite". The smell is just like mulling cider on the stove. Each serving is only 10 calories, and best of all, it isn't full of sugar for those of us juvi diabetics and gastric bypass patients out there. This feels like Cheating! It's absolutely delicious and I intend to always keep it on hand. Thank you Grove Square for remembering the sugar-restrictions!
on November 23, 2013
These are surprisingly delicious and great for the colder weather. No sugar alcohols which is a winner for me as they upset my stomach. Pairing them with a shot of the new (at least to me) sugar free syrups is truly a great treat. They go very well with pumpkin spice, anything cinnamon, gingerbread, caramel and probably others that I haven't tried. May be a little sweet for some with the shot of syrup, but since I almost eat no real sugar, it's delicious to me and satisfies my sweet tooth I really don't feel deprived being able to drink several of these a day if I want to. We're on our second box of these.
on December 18, 2011
Disgusting! I have never tasted anything more awful. I went along with the other reviews and thought that I would try this product. I have tried other products from this maker and enjoyed everything. However, this apple cider smelled and tasted awful. So if anyone is considering this item, think twice before you buy.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 28, 2016
I feel a bit curmudgeonly giving this only two stars, but when I compare it to the Green Mountain brand (Green Mountain Naturals Hot Apple Cider, Keurig K-Cups, 72 Count), the only way this one comes out ahead is price. (And not by much, so even that advantage could potentially be negated with sales or coupons.)

Where the GM brand tastes of crisp green apples, this one's underlying flavor is that of red apples. It's got some tartness, but not nearly as much as GM; this is definitely a sweeter cider. I'd say the spices are slightly different -- this one has perhaps a bit more spice, though it's still got a good balance -- and overall, it's not quite as intense a flavor as GM. (I did, BTW, read another review that said this wasn't strong enough, and I have to wonder if that reviewer simply used too much water. It's weaker than GM, but I wouldn't call it TOO weak using the medium cup size on my K45.)

So, so far I'd have said Grove Square was shaping up to be a solid 3 stars. Not great enough to get me to rush out and buy a lifetime supply, but certainly not bad. There's one thing that prevents me from a more neutral score, though: the sugar substitutes. I simply CANNOT abide sugar substitutes. I didn't realize it didn't use regular sugar until after I bought it and noticed that ghastly aftertaste that all sugar substitutes seem to have. (While now I see some of the reviews that mention this, I went back over the product description and it's not mentioned anywhere.) I'd say they lost a lot more than they gained -- Grove Square is 70 calories per cup compared to Green Mountain's 80, and 16 grams of sugar instead of 17.

Even without the disagreeable ingredients, I wouldn't have called it quite as good as Green Mountain's cider, but I have a feeling it'd only be a contest for those people who also choose diet drinks. If you're like me and don't, spend more for Green Mountain.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go brush this aftertaste out of my mouth.