Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Grow Bulbs for All 1 and 2 Bulb Gardens (Pack of 2)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on September 9, 2010
First, make sure you are purchasing the correct bulbs by checking the descriptions. These bulbs are not interchangable with the 3 pack also sold by this seller.

These bulbs are a replacement for the rounded CFL bulbs that used to come with the Aerogarden. My bulbs are 8 months old and these are the correct replacement for my 7 pod AeroGarden Classic. They provide 30% more light so I expect my plants will be a LOT happier since I have been hesitating to replace the bulbs.

4 stars since they are an upgrade to the orginial and in my experience (that came from my AG3) the flat bulbs are more efficient.

I am taking a star off because of the price. And then the shipping on top of the price if you order less than 25 dollars.
on July 13, 2015
I have had my Aerograden 7- pod for over 5 years, and noticed they had a newer bulb type. I bought the new version since they recommend to change them out with every grow cycle and I was still working off the original bulbs from years ago. The new bulbs burned out after one grow cycle. My original bulbs were still working, so i just plugged those back in. Totally disappointing! I will not buy the new version again and will just wait for an upgrade to come out.
on August 24, 2015
I suspect these had been returned previously and possibly not checked to make sure the returns weren't old bulbs -- these showed up in a somewhat squished box and while they lit up, my plants seemed to not react much to the new bulbs. In fact, they seemed to prefer the >1 year-old bulb. And then the one I was still trying to use burned out after ~3 months.
on August 2, 2015
Replaced a set of bulbs that had been replaced once. These bulbs just don't last too long. I have more issues with the growing of the seed pods, as not all of them grow well. If you like basil, it works really well!
on June 23, 2013
These Grow Bulbs for all the Aerogarden 1 and 2 bulb gardens work consistently well and often last beyond the 6 month period when Aerogarden asks you to change the bulbs. They are easy to attach or detach.
on August 4, 2013
I bought these for my Aerogarden and there's not much to say about them except that they're grow bulbs and they fit the original 7 slot Aerogarden. They're actually a bit better than the original lights which were more tubular since they lay flatter and are less likely to hit against fast growing plants. Other than that they're the same and the reason you buy them is because Aerogrow doesn't really offer many alternatives.
on May 28, 2011
I had a bulb burn out in my aerogarden last summer so I bought a two pack. Since then, the second of the original bulbs burnt out so i replaced it perfect I thought all new bulbs. This spring another one burnt out I give up aerogarden Im not going to spend the money until you invest in led technology that wont burn out.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2010
The bulbs last a long time, more than a year. I know it says to change them more often, but I didn't really see the need. I ordered two packages of the newer bulbs, and one bulb was defective, but they are replacing it.
on April 4, 2013
they work well. Actually they are better than the original that came with my Areogrow. They are the upgraded lamps for the newer machines and lay flat rather than tubular.
on May 5, 2015
Pack of 2 lights, well packaged, plug and play for my 7 pod Aerogarden, very bright and clean white light. Will not hesitate to buy again if any of the lights burn out.

See 1 answered question