Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Grow Your Own Economy: Seven Simple Principles to Create Extraordinary Value
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

92%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 3, 2011
Business can be intimidating. The rate of small business failure is astoundingly high. I suspect project failure in larger businesses is just as high. In many cases the problem is that the business is attempting to fight economic principles. Not surprisingly they fail. Anyone involved in business (and all of us are to some extent) should understand basic economics. But economics is a bewildering subject--well beyond the province of the typical small business person(or MBA for that matter!)

In this short volume Wibberding does the best job I've seen anyone do at identifying and explaining most pertinent principles of economics in a practical way that makes sense to the non-expert. (And even taught me some new things and I've studied this stuff for years) In particular the chapter on money is phenomenal. The challenge with books on business is to separate the wheat from the chaff. And believe me--there is a lot of chaff out there. This book is one of the few worth reading.
on April 30, 2011
Being a husband and a father of eight, I don't get much time to read, but when I do I am pretty selective. Very striaght forward and easy to understand, this book was well worth the two hours it took to read. Lee Wibberding explains how a basic economy works, how money works, why money isn't real, why value is the heart of every economy, why focusing on value is more helpful than focusing on money and how is value created. What I enjoyed most about the book was the challenge "How much is enough?", "what does it mean to be rich?". Lee Wibberding makes the statement,"Could it be the things we have, not only fail to bring us freedom but contribute to the bondage.". It is not just a money book, but a book about value and living a life full of value.
on April 20, 2011
I enjoyed this book and I am not big on economics...but it was written in such a style that I couldn't put it down well not for long any ways. I learned a lot too, very informative and to the point. A lot of basic useful information if you are thinking about or have already started your own business.
on March 22, 2011
This book was a great basic intro to Economics. Wish it was explained that well back when I was in school. The 7-8th grade teacher at our local school borrowed it to share its teaching with his students. Thanks for a great read.
on March 3, 2011

on March 22, 2011
Grow Your Own Economy is an excellent book on economics. Lee Wibberding has taken the principles of economics and deconstructed them to their purest form. Thought provoking, it inspires you re-evaluate and be proactive in both your business and personal life.
on April 1, 2011
The perceived value of a product or service will change with time, culture and or circumstance is a principle I find most intriguing in the book "Grow Your Own Economy" by Lee Wibberding. The latest trends or fads in society that we hold in high esteem today may lose the value we place on them later on down the road. We see this occur in the marketplace time and again, especially evident in the stock market. Lee clearly illustrates that value is relative to our wants and needs, it is subject to variable change, and created in the human mind. He also shares principles of wealth creation and applies each one in a real life scenario to demonstrate its effectiveness. And to really help the reader apply what is taught, there are personal success questions and planning pages at the end of each chapter. In my mind, this book has lasting value because the principles it reveals work, they cannot change, and they are essential to understand when it comes to building your own business or growing your own economy. This is an excellent and timely read- I recommend it to all.

"Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value." ~Albert Einstein

Did you know that the law of scarcity also increases the value of a product? ...so you better get your copy today while supply lasts!
on April 17, 2011
I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I started to read this book, but I was happy to learn how useful it was. Lee Wibberding takes you step by step through the value-added chain of taking a basic product or service and increasing it's value. He helped me see how one can increase the value of their business by taking simple steps and following through. Each chapter has easy-to-follow illustrations and explanations about how to create value. After each chapter there are some questions designed to provoke thoughful introspection about how apply some of the lessons to your own life.

The last chapter was my favorite: "Rich on $1,500 a Month". In this chapter Wibberding shows how a paradigm shift in the way one views money and how to manage your personal budget can transform a modest income into financial freedom.

This book is easy to read, and I recommend it for anyone interested in finances and value creation.
on March 18, 2011
I've been reading alot of books on investing and wealth creation lately. So, I was curious to see if this small book had anything new to offer. It beat all of my expectations!

If you are starting your own business, "Grow Your Own Economy" is a MUST read. It very clearly lays out seven fundamental principles of economics. Then you work through two fictional scenarios to help solidify your understanding of each principle. And lastly the author has, very wisely, challenged you to apply the same principle to your own business or personal life. It leads you down the path of personal and economic growth.

If you're ready to grow - you won't be disappointed.
on April 7, 2011
"Grow Your Own Economy" is a quick and easy read. Lee Wibberding not only writes in an easy-to-understand way, but offers simple stories to illustrate his point and then gives the reader the opportunity to be their own example--with questions and room for the reader's answers. Those beginning a business or building their business will find it immensely helpful to take the time to not only read the book, but answer the questions and apply the principles to their lives. It will create value in their lives!