Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Growing Up with a Bucket Full of Happiness: Three Rules for a Happier Life
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 13, 2011
I'm an elementary school counselor and I have used the bucket filling books with students for years. They are truly awesome and are really uplifting to students. I was so excited to see Carol McCloud's new book - Growing Up With A Bucket Full of Happiness. It is everything I hoped it would be! I also love that it is geared towards the older students - 3rd grade and up. It is a chapter book and written perfectly with wonderful illustrations for the reader to look at. This is not a long book - it's just right. Carol introduces new concepts to students like:

*Group Bucket Filling
*Use Your Lid
*Use Your Lid for Others
*Advanced Bucket Fillers
*When A Lid Doesn't Work

All of this new language is exactly what the older kids need. I highly recommend teachers, parents, school librarians, and school counselors to buy this INVALUABLE resource.
on December 24, 2010
Even if you are already a grownup, this book can help "clarify your thinking." Just as Carol McCloud's earlier books give children a vocabulary to describe experiences and their feelings, "Growing Up" puts into concrete words many of the things we adults wish someone had explained to us long before we learned them the hard way. Yet this book is not preachy. It is clear and matter of fact, yet filled with warmth, and it gives readers tools to incorporate the practice of happiness into their daily lives.
on January 25, 2011
I'm a k-5 PE teacher who also has the Health curriculum, my school has adopted the BUCKET FILLING program by Tim Roth and it's working wonderfully to create a cohesive, empathetic culture. All of the books are great but this one rocks!!

Just sent this to staff and friends in education...

Dave and I are reading it to 1-5th , we are on pg 25 and its inspired a huge language change for myself when dealing with conflicts and tons of conversations with not only our students but Dave and I and my family and friends this one is reverberating like and bassoon!!!
Growing Up with a Bucket Full of Happiness: Three Rules for a Happier Life
on March 19, 2011
This author has tapped into a HUGE need of today's children living in a self-centered world. Simple but difficult?? GIVE TO OTHERS!! Well done book
on January 2, 2012
I bought this book for my kids and they grasped the idea of bucket filling immediately. I have read a lot of books on happiness for adults, but none of them drove home the point like this one. I highly recommend this book for children and adults.
on June 2, 2016
This book says the same thing over and over again. I'm determined to finish reading it with my child, but it is very boring. The principles are good, but instead if saying the same thing over and over they could have provided some real world examples and just said less, had fewer pages. Repetition is not a good way of teaching if its so boring you quit listening.
on January 10, 2013
This book is a must read for all parents, teachers, children, teens...everyone. We need to understand that this kind of love and kindness is the only thing that is going to heal our world, one person at a time. You will learn how to help yourself and those closest to you be the best they can be in a really positive way. My friend's school district adopted this program (books at early and middle school years as well as adult) and it has been a really positive addition to their school programs. Imagine if each one of us became concerned about filling each other's buckets with kind words and deeds on a daily basis?
on November 14, 2011
I purchased the book to teach children to be helpful to others and to teach them to have a positive outlook in life. I believe that if children grow up thinking positive, it will be so much easier for them to face life's challenges throughout their lives.
on December 19, 2014
This book is for older children in upper elementary and middle school. It delves deeper into the concept of bucket filling and dipping. It talks about things like bullying, accidental or thoughtless bucket dipping, and when having an empty bucket isn't your fault. It discusses ways for kids to keep their buckets full and avoid things that will empty their buckets (like cheating and cyberbullying). It also talks about developing talents, working hard, and standing up for others.

I love the concept of an invisible bucket that everyone carries with them. It's a great lesson for kids of all ages to learn. This book helps kids understand the basic concepts of kindness and honesty and how they will help increase their happiness.
on March 2, 2013
I love this book and think it'd be great for all people to read and have an idea of. Helps to deal with bullying, negative nellies and chose good friends. My 8 year old daughter refers to the bucket over and over when describing her friendships. It's a simple read - I read it to my 5 year old to help her gain more control over her emotions and the pouting with "that hurt my feelings!" has slowed down. We all want to feel appreciated and to learn you need to give it to get it early in life is a Great Life Lesson.