AM/FM/LW/Shortwave Radio with ATS (Auto Tuning Storage)
From the Manufacturer
Grundig Traveler II Digital G8 AM/FM/LW/Shortwave Radio
A radio with old-school durability and new-world technology combined
The Grundig Traveler II G8 combines the best of both worlds: reliability and hi-quality audio. With durable and portable, grip-coated encasing the G8 resists drops, dings and other damage. It also has all the modern features that create high-quality audio.
Auto Tuning Storage makes radio surfing easy
The G8 comes with an Auto Tuning Storage (ATS) function which automatically stores radio frequencies. The ATS button lets you memorize all frequencies of the AM, LW and FM band with good enough signal strength to be memorized. There are 100 memories, which are used for manual and ATS storage.
Tell the time anywhere in the world!
The G8 features an international clock that you can set at the touch of a knob located on the front of the radio. It has domestic and international time zones preset so you can just turn the knob and instantly have the time anywhere in the world.
| || |
Manually enter preset frequencies for added versatility
The radio can memorize 100 FM, 100 AM, 100 LW and 200 SW (shortwave) frequencies. To memorize a frequency, tune your radio to the frequency of your choice, and then follow the below instructions:
- Press the MEMORY button once and notice the PRESET number flashing in the upper, right corner of the display.
- While it's flashing, press MEMORY again to store it into the PRESET that's flashing or wait for 2 second to store it automatically. If you want to store it into another PRESET just rotate the tuning knob of your choice, and press the MEMORY button to confirm.
Frequencies that you have stored manually will be overwritten. If you've stored frequencies with the ATS button and want to keep them in memory, be sure to store manually into an empty memory.
To listen to your stored frequencies, go to the band that you want to listen to:
- Press the VF/VM (view frequency/view memory) button and notice that a PRESET number appears in the upper right of the display.
- Then rotate the TUNING knob to go to the PRESET of your choice.
- To exit the memory system, press VF/VM again.
- Digital tuning with digital frequency readout (LCD)
- Local timer setting and world timer setting
- Sleep timer and alarm clock (either radio or buzzer)
- Key lock function
- 3.5 mm headphone output
- DC input (6V)
The Traveler II Includes:
- Owner’s manual
- Carrying case
- Warranty card