5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing and Magnificent
I have to say, I rarely write book reviews. When I first heard about William Craig, I was very curious as to what this man was all about. After reading this and Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, I was tremendously surprised.

Published 15 months ago by vicken

3.0 out of 5 stars For intellectuals
Not easy reading. Have taken logic in college but so long ago. This is probably best left to the scholars for understanding. Still, I was able to glean some of the benefits of being ready to give an answer to the existence of God.
Published 5 months ago by TitiP

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing and Magnificent, September 14, 2013
vicken (California,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Guard Study Guide (Paperback)

First off, the arguments for the existence of God presented in this book with the most common objections to them is already worth the money. Additionally, he added a second part defending the historicity of Jesus Christ with scholarly arguments. His coverage of the cosmological, teleological, and moral argument was brain filling. The intellectualism and sound deductive reasoning is brain food. I couldn't put this book down and I'm already on the second read. This ISN'T a book to read once and think you are a know it all. You must take time to study each chapter and argument carefully to give quality refutation.

The other issues/arguments brought up against atheism is the absurdity of life without God and the problem of suffering in the world. I never knew about apologetics until this book and when I found out about this man's credibility, I was amazed. Dr. Craig is truly an amazing philosopher, theologian, and defender of the good faith. The short biographies of Craig in the book truly proves what he has gone threw to achieve his position. The new age is filled with skepticism and violent refutations, but with all calmness and meekness, we too can propose sound advocacy and rational arguments.

5.0 out of 5 stars On Guard - Protection in the Battle, December 24, 2010
Charles E. Greer (Temple, Texas, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Guard Study Guide (Paperback)
On Guard - This book is a must for all sincere Christians. Dr. William Craig has set forth the information to meet the modern day arguments aganist the foundation of Christianity. I recommend it a must for all Christians who are interested in Peters request I Peter 3:15 - "...be ready to always give an answer to every person that ask you a reason of the hope that is in you...." - Gene Greer, Minister

5.0 out of 5 stars understanding why you believe what you believe, September 24, 2011
This review is from: On Guard Study Guide (Paperback)
Dr. William Lane Craig is undoubtedly one of the best apologists of this generation and his work will be discussed for generations to come. Any time one has the opportunity to get a guide for one of his books it is well worth the extra investment so one can know they have gotten the most from a comfortable to read yet challenging book such as "On Guard."

4.0 out of 5 stars if you are an apologist, read this book, May 29, 2014
W. Sid Vogel (Fairhope, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Guard Study Guide (Paperback)
We can all thank God we have William Land Craig. Craig gives us theology at our level, a lever for every man. We do not have to have three PhD's in theology to know why we can rationally believe in our faith, and Craig constantly shows us how. This is an excellent study guide for the layman or study leader to help strengthen the faith of believers, or to evangelize to the seekers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the effort, September 4, 2013
This review is from: On Guard Study Guide (Paperback)
I am still going through the guide, which I think is well worth the effort. Dr. Craig's books challenge me, and they're not for the casual reader, but if you want to know more about how to defend your faith, I strongly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth, September 2, 2013
This review is from: On Guard Study Guide (Paperback)
This book is great and offers more than you ask for. Thanks for the education and the knowledge it will answer many questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, April 27, 2012
Konstantin (Inland Empire & San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Guard Study Guide (Paperback)
Pretty good text. Follows close to what Dr. Craig usually presents in the debates.
I liked the summary flowcharts at the end of chapters. They help reader summarize the content.
Personally, I would like to see more of a teleological argument or at least more information on intelligent design covered, as it is to me more convincing then some others.
Anyways, some characters in cartoons in the book look more like Amish then first century Jewish ;) i.e. not having mustache - pretty anglo-saxon.
Anyways, this is good intro book on the subject, but beneficial to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars For intellectuals, June 23, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars On Guard Study Guide, June 18, 2014
This review is from: On Guard Study Guide (Paperback)
Wthout this guide I would not fully be able to understand the book. it gives a great summary of each chapter. The book is written at a very intelligent level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Study Guide, January 30, 2013
This review is from: On Guard Study Guide (Paperback)
I ordered this to accompany the Book for personal studies.
Looks like a very nicely written and thought out study.

On Guard Study Guide
On Guard Study Guide by Dennis W. Fuller (Paperback - June 1, 2010)
$10.00 $9.00