Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

I had read "Where Wonders Prevail" by Joan Wester Anderson a couple of years ago and loved it. So, I was very excited to see this new book by Anderson, "Guardian Angels: True Stories of Answered Prayers" at the library. I wasn't disappointed. "Guardian Angels" shares the same format, offering examples of divine intervention in people's lives - mysterious Good Samaritans who appear out of nowhere in a person's hour of need or extraordinary circumstances that simply cannot be explained in human terms.

If you don't believe in angels, you should read this book. It will convince you that there are other beings who walk through life with us and help guide our way. If you already believe in angels, "Guardian Angels" will only serve to reinforce that belief. It is filled with wonderful, touching stories, quite a few of which made me tear up. It is such a reinforcement of the good in the world. We all need that now and then.
on January 14, 2007
I love to read the short, true stories of other persons' positive experiences when they ask God to help them with their challenges in life. I read one story a night before going to bed, and end the day on a positive note. At about $10 a book with free shipping from Amazon, they made super gifts for my friends at Christmas.
on September 11, 2009
Joan Webster Anderson never disappoints! I began reading her angel stories years ago and they always inspired and uplifted me. These stories are short enough to read one a night before bedtime, as a calming and inspiring practice.
I bought this book to give as a gift to a young friend who wanted to believe in spiritual beings, but just did not have enough "evidence."
As she read the stories, they made a profound impact on her and she began to feel angelic presence. What a gift! I think this book would make a marvelous gift for anyone who needs a lift over the troubles of our current world.
on January 5, 2007
This was a very nice book. The stories were heartwarming and sincere. I really enjoyed it.
on April 22, 2016
If you are in the middle of conflict, troubles, mourning or any other unhappiness, please read this book no matter what your religious persuasion. The only way to describe this book is inspirational and soothing.

The author describes in great detail how God's love always prevails - no matter what the circumstance and how He sends down His messengers to inspire, guide, and assist in times of crisis. There are stories of inexplicable recoveries from devastating illnesses, near miss car accidents, unexplainable images that guide us through the dark; both literally and emotionally.

These are all first person accounts and Ms. Anderson is so credible that one has to believe they are true. It is well written, well edited and a must-read! It you need a dose of inspiration, this is the book for you!
on October 5, 2013
I learned at a later time in my life that we have angel help many times in our lives. I did not know I had a guardian angel, but now I know I do. We can communcate with them, and if we ask for spiritual help and protection, we will likely receive it. I recently learned my guardian angel's name, and realized I had had many hints of the name for years.
on January 7, 2014
My kids and I added this to our family book club for Christmas. All of us found it inspiring and well worth reading. There are a lot of terrific stories here, and they gave all of us a nice "booster shot" for our faith. Highly recommended.
on March 26, 2013
Accusations, however far-flung, however lacking in fact, can be difficult to refute. This instance is the exception. The comment by "Green Eyes" is glaringly riddled with error. Joan Wester Anderson is an impeccable researcher with a non-fiction reputation that spans decades. Her experience as a tested journalist is one important reason that her first mega-seller, Where Angels Walk, got the attention of the national media, including the Chicago Tribune. I was the reporter assigned to profile her in a Sunday section, page-one article when that book stormed the publishing world. Notably, the Chicago Tribune is a newspaper of record, and it's editorial policy is stringent in matters of fact and fiction. Spotlighting a particular non-fiction author triggers an initial inquiry as to the merits of the topic, and most important, the accuracy of the author's information.
I have no interest in speculating on the motivation of "Green Eyes" for a such a misguided, ill-advised post. But I can offer this simple observation: It is an indisputable fact that Wester Anderson was a widely published, well-compensated writer long before she wrote about angels. Not surprisingly, her premiere angel book became an international phenomenon as fast as publishers could get its translated versions to press. I find Guardian Angels consistent in every way with her unique--and factual--reportage of His heavenly hosts.
Disclaimer: I had never met the author before profiling her for the Chicago Tribune. Then as now, I have no financial interest in her books or products. I have not shown her the text of this comment prior to publishing it. Mary Peterson Kauffold.
on October 25, 2012
Joan Wester Anderson writes a wonderful series. The books are designed to, and succeed in, encouraging and captivating her readers. They are well written, and not repititious for the most part. I bought several of her books at the same time, and refer to them often.
on March 5, 2014
I am a true believer in Angels and love to read books that reinforce their existence. This one did and I would recommend this to others who believe in Angels and their Power to help us here on earth!!!!