Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on February 17, 2011
My dogs are a 45-lb boxer mix and a 35-lb mystery mix. They're both medium-sized, with the heavier one being 3-4" taller. The coupler arrived unexpectedly fast; a day before the delivery estimate in fact! So we gave it a test run. I wasn't sure if the 24" length on each side would be too long, but it was great...the longer length allows you to keep the leashes above the dogs' heads which prevents tangling. No stopping to lift up front legs because of leashes caught underneath. And not once did I do a spin to get unwrapped from a leash around my waist or a high step over one around my leg! The dogs were far enough apart so that one couldn't yank the other around, which is something I encountered years ago when I tried out a much shorter coupler. I also felt more in control; my dogs walk pretty well on leash but every so often a dog or squirrel will grab their attention and they will forget their manners and pull. That didn't happen today, but I can tell that correcting them will be a lot easier with the coupler and a single leash rather than trying to correct two excited dogs on two separate leashes. As I was researching couplers, I noticed others saying they could be too heavy for smaller dogs. I don't think that would be the case with this one because it's very light. It's definitely worth a shot if you're on the fence, and I recommend going for a longer length instead of shorter if you're unsure about what size to get. It's awesome to get a well-made, useful product for under 8 bucks, with super fast free shipping besides. Five stars!
on June 28, 2013
Walking my two dogs used to be an enjoyable affair for all. Then we got a puppy, and walks became a comedic disaster that always ended with me being hog tied or in some other compromising position. This 4 inch two way couple allows me to walk my two older dogs (12 & 16 lbs) on one lead and the puppy on a separate lead. This works out nicely. I ordered a three way coupler, and I'm going to start conditioning the puppy to walk with it, too.

A few notes:
1. The picture of the 4 inch coupler is slightly misleading. It looks like the two straps are sewn together, but really they are just rubber banded together for packaging, and the coupler is designed like the other pictures where the straps are just sewn to the ring. I actually am happy about this because it is a better design.
2. You want to select the shortest coupler that will allow you to link your dogs together and squat for potty, no longer. Being right close to each other minimizes the tangles and "every which way" factor. I also think being close up on eachother mentally puts them into "business mode" rather than "stroll" mode. The 4 inch coupler is great for similiarily sized dogs. I ordered the three way 12 inch couple becuase my third dog is bigger than the rest. I can't imagine every wanting a 24 inch coupler. Furthermore, these couplers work best with a short leash that keeps your dogs right by your side.
3. There is a learning curve where your dogs have to learn to walk together- a few walks. Imagine being tethered to your sibling when you were little. You'd need to work out how to walk together. Same with the dogs. I recommend starting with a short stint on the coupler after a long walk so that the dogs are not wound up and have gotten all their potties out. It shouldn't take many times to get the hang of it.
on January 27, 2013
I purchased a different coupler before this one, and I must say this one is a much better design. I like how the two leashes are permanent to the o-ring. The other coupler I purchased had an adjustable clip, and the clip would always slip making one side longer than the other so one dog had 3 feet and the other only a few inches. This works great for two very different size dogs. I use it for my 50# Chow Chow and my 25# Dachshund, and I attach it to a retractable leash. It worked great- no tangles and the leash held them both no problem. It seems to be well made. Great purchase- very happy.
on February 27, 2013
Great quality and good heavy duty clips but not too heavy for my 20 lbs dogs. One love to pull, the other is a gentlemen: With being able to use just one leash, I was able to control his side of the coupler with one hand so he had to was alongside and not out in front. Although it is said there should only be enough room for one dog of the same size between the two dogs on the coupler, the longer length gave my gentlemen the ability to get around the bully easily and take his own walk, while the other had to mind his manners. Definitely happy with the purchase and the quality.
on November 2, 2012
Works as promised. Very heavy duty. Doesn't appear to be heavy duty. The straps are not the size of car safety belts and the buckles are not the size of vehicle toe clips, but this is a VERY heavy duty item that will last and will hold any breed dog. Strong enough for bigger breeds and small enough for the little ones. Clip one leash and able to control (or try to control) two dogs at once. I have two shepherds, so I try. Mostly they just trot along together and it is long enough to give each dog their distance. Great product.
on April 2, 2013
GREAT! My two Pomeranians absolutely LOVE walking together. I bought it because trying to walk them on two separate leashes always ended up in a tangled DISASTER. This works incredibly well and I no longer dread taking them on long walks. Now I FEEL better as I try to LIVE better. And my two little ladies seem healthier than ever. :)
on April 20, 2015
I have a poodle and a pug who are always together. After spending the last couple of years trying to hold onto 2 leashes and keep them from tangling I saw these couplers. I looked at all of them and thought this looked to be the sturdiest. I wish I had found it sooner! This thing is incredible. It's sturdy & high quality, super easy to use (we leave it attached to the leash), the dogs don't get tangled, it makes them easier to buckle into the car ( we are using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FR8249U/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_19 until we can find high quality, affordable seats for them), and when one of them gets sidetracked "smelling the roses" the other one pulls them along so we can keep moving. Highly recommended!
on May 23, 2015
I purchased the medium coupler 12-inch length by 3/4-inch width for 2 dogs of similar size - a 21 lb beagle & a 24 lb boston terrier mix. I like it very much as it rotates well, allows flexibility, but keeps them close enough together for them to learn how to walk as a team. The clips are also very solid - have had no issues so far (but have used it for about 2 weeks). I would also note that the nylon material itself appears to be well made and stitched together well. I don't expect it to unravel easily - appears to be able to take a good beating.
on March 7, 2013
I used this couple for the first time today and was very pleased with it. I do wish that it came in 1" width rather than the 5/8" inch width as it originally felt very thin for use with my dogs who are strong pullers. However it worked just fine and I found that neither of them pulled as much today as they were walking more in tandem due to the equal leash length they both had. Plenty of room between them for them to do their business without the other one right next to the "squatter". I have a 62lb older dog who is content to plod along and a 22 lb mini greyhound who tries to yank us both all over the place and this coupler kept them nice and close together without wrapping around my legs. Made my walk today much more enjoyable. Best of all it worked with my existing leash and added that little bit of length that I was always wishing for when walking near the water.
on June 30, 2016
Love it... That being said they run a bit bigger than what I had in my head. I got a medium b/c that's the size clothes/harnesses etc that my dog wears.. He's a 20 lb rat terrier. The medium is a bit too big for that size dog, but it still works just fine. just hangs down a lot and the auto-retracting leash can't lift it off the dog as the metal is really heavy. That being said the metal is really sturdy. I'd trust a medium on a much bigger dog (I don't know how big as I haven't tested it on bigger dogs) but they seem quite sturdy and well made. No stitching coming out.. nothing wrong with it :) I've had this for a long time now and I'm pretty happy with it.