4.0 out of 5 stars Human Protectors for Vampires - * Guardians *
Guardian is definably a unique story one of its kind, fast paced , new and refreshing and a different side to the Vampire saga we see every day. No turning pages back to see what you have missed or miss read full bore ahead till the end.
Published on April 3, 2011 by K. M. Whittaker - Page Flipper...

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, closer to three and a half stars
I liked this book, but didn't love it. I enjoyed the world the author created and the alternate concept she has conceived for her vampires. A virus that can mutate in a person to either infect them or leave them a carrier -- the latter which must be shunted away to contain the spread of the "disease".

While I have no complaints on the actual editing of the book...
Published on July 21, 2011 by Luvs2Read

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, closer to three and a half stars, July 21, 2011
This review is from: Guardian (Kindle Edition)

While I have no complaints on the actual editing of the book - it was easy to read and free of errors, I didn't care for the way the story is told. A lot of writers mix narrative and showing to pull the reader in. Too often in this story we are simply told what is happening. But we don't feel it when our heroine is feeling it.

When she's involved with the doctor and we're told she loves him, I found it hard to believe. She seemed detached from him and every other partner she had throughout the book. While I found the story compelling and I read it in a few days, I kept wishing for more -- more depth from the characters, more feeling, more rich description bringing us in -- but over and over the author "tells" us what happens and it falls flat.

Also, the ending seemed rather abrupt. I won't spoil it, but there was no resolution with this book and it's almost like if you want to know how the story ends you MUST buy the next one. I would much rather have seen some wrap up with a lead in to the next story over being left hanging as this ending did.

Overall, I think this author has promise and I will check out her other work. I liked the concept and the characters, but I would have liked to get to know them better rather than left feeling like an outsider during the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Human Protectors for Vampires - * Guardians *, April 3, 2011
This review is from: Guardian (Kindle Edition)
It's intriguing and uniquely captivating all in one. Elita has created a world entirely of her own - bringing in old Vampire traits and also creating her own. The story is filled with mystery, and suspense, bursts of passion, and characters that fluently ran with the storyline. Chapters all smoothly streaming from one to the next.
Secondary characters short and sweet, playing their rolls and well blended into the plot. Main characters contained that essence of passion and lust, sex scenes mild but tantalizing. Anna I found to be a damaged soul, being betrayed by someone she loved , we can all relate to that I am sure. She was kickarse when she needed to be and eventually love did find its way. Greg and Anna - seemed to oddly match - being both very different, Having their spurts of lusty but loving moments. A read that will keep you interested right till the end.
Overall an enjoyable short read, I look forward to the next installment.

4.0 out of 5 stars An awesome read!, April 27, 2011
Stacey (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guardian (Kindle Edition)
I was so excited when i was asked to review this book, gotta love the book covers! *winks*

I must say i really enjoyed reading this book, with all the vampire books out these days this one adds a new refreshing twist to life as a vampire. It gives us a view into what life would be like if Humans controlled the vampires.

Human's discovered this infection and once it became public each vampire was assigned a Guardian to watch over them by law.

We have Anna she was 24yrs old when she was first infected. She's been infected for roughly 8 years and 2 of those years was in a testing clinic were they did horrible things to her. They are made to drink artificial blood and are tested often to check they stick to it. Anna's new Gaurdian Leon is a scientist he's interested in finding a cure to the infection.

Human's can be so cruel!! (but so can vampires!) lol

It's got me hanging for the next installment. It may be a short story to read but it's well written that it gives you so much more. I'd recommend this book to all the Paranormal readers, this gives you a nice taste of something different. *winks*

3.0 out of 5 stars A confusing mixture, October 26, 2011
This review is from: Guardian (Kindle Edition)
Guardian is a short story by Elita Daniels and focuses on vampire Anna who was turned 8 years ago. Vampirism is an infection that was accidentally discovered 30 years ago during a scientific experiment. It is passed on by other vampires who are `carriers' of the disease through their venom when they bite people. Once turned a vampire must go into a camp where they are experimented on like animals in a lab. They are mistreated, abused and tortured all in the name of science to see how much of a threat they will be to society. Once released the vampires must take a cocktail of drugs to control their blood lust. They are also assigned a human protector, a Guardian, who is a bit like a parole officer.

This isn't your usual paranormal book. There are no other creatures or special powers or battles etc as vampirism was accidentally invented by scientists. There are no hunting demons or a big case to solve. It just follows Anna who is a carrier vampire and her struggle with ordinary life and I really liked that, it made a change for me. I sort of liked Anna she is a complicated character one minute then she is fine the next she acts very strange, she also acts kind of crazy and I just wanted to give her a slap at times. Anna finds it very difficult to trust and love people, she prefers one night stands to a relationship and this is a big part of the book. She has two completely different love interests and I was truly shocked to find out what happens in both relationships. The story is very dark, Anna is abused in the book and she is deceived by those she finally comes to trust. The characters are quite unpleasant people and I cheered when one finally met his demise. The vampires are not sparkly they are dangerous sadistic people who like to play with humans and not in a good way. The book is extremely fast paced. At times I thought I had missed a page as the story jumps about so much and this did out me off. I have mixed feelings about this book, on one hand I liked the different take on vampires by Ms Daniels and I do like to read dark stories but then on the other it was just too fast. The story ends very abruptly another negative for me it was like the last page didn't get printed. On a plus point I feel that this could be a great book if it was fleshed out, wasn't as fast paced and more time spent on it, I also love the cover. If you like dark gritty writing maybe you should give this book a go. I would like to give this book 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Can't Wait for Book 2, June 4, 2013
Raymond Gilbert "Ray" (Nottingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guardian (Kindle Edition)
Really, really enjoyed this! Highly original premise with richly developed characters and a strong female protagonist to root for. I loved Anna. I loved the new twist on vampires and how they have been integrated into society over the years. The author has clearly spent a great deal of time creating a deeply believable world where vampires and humans live along side each other. The writing style was amazing. Very taut and crisp, echoing the great hard boiled writers of the '40s such as Jim Thompson. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars First time Elita Daniels reader, May 5, 2011
This review is from: Guardian (Kindle Edition)
It is always a pleasure to read a first time authors books. Elita's originality on the vampire subject interested me hugely. The virus idea was innovative and added a new twist our usual vampire ideals. That the humans have rein over the vampires was even more amazing, especially seeing they are in reality the weaker creatures.

Each vampire is allocated a Guardian that pretty much acts as a babysitter more than protector. Checking in on the vamps and making sure they are taking their medicines, not killing people, etc.
We follow the life of Anna, an infectee turned vamp and experience all her trials and tribulations in her life, some good, some rather horrible. Each chapter slowly leads you on, unfolding the secrets and innuendos as it goes. I did find the ending a bit abrupt, leaving you hanging wanting to know what happens next.

Will be interesting to see where the next book leads Anna.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gripping Story, April 18, 2011
This review is from: Guardian (Kindle Edition)
Elita has reinvented the vampire in this gripping story of a search for self and espionage. They are the result of a bio-weapon, of sorts, gone wrong. Alicorp, a government corporation gone amuk, doesn't even understand what they have unleashed on the world. Anna is a carrier vamp with a conscience. I was completely drawn into this world and the characters; I didn't want to put this book down. While Anna has finally found someone she feels she can trust, a plot line of espionage has developed that may change everything. This is going to be a great series, I can hardly wait. The story flowed well and I don't recall any editing errors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vampire Sex!, May 13, 2011
This review is from: Guardian (Kindle Edition)
Elita Daniels has a beautiful writing voice. The text is a pleasure to read. The physical descriptions are visceral and real. The characters feel authentic.

I wish that she wore her influences a little less on her sleeve. I prefer authors to reinvent the wheel for themselves. But then again, perhaps that's a trope of this sub-genre? I don't read a lot of modern vampire fiction. I'm generally of the opinion that vampires are better off as monsters than boyfriends. It's really a testimony to Elita's skill as a writer that she got me to put my bias aside and enjoy Guardian for what it was. And to be clear - the vampires are not glittery. They're bloody and emotionally complicated and adult - and they like to have sex all the time! :)

The ending did feel a little sudden. This book is apparently meant to be the first act of a larger story, rather than one that stands on its own, but Guardian is a sexy and quick read. I will be looking for the sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is a must read!!!!, May 2, 2011
This review is from: Guardian (Kindle Edition)
this is my first read from author elita daniels
i have to say great job elita, i was hooked from page one
i loved the concept of how the vampires had human guardians, to keep them in check and from running amok.
Anna the main character shes the vampire, she gets a guardian leon, they fall in love, something happens (not gonna tell you what for that you have to read the book :) ) and they part ways, enter greg, a human guy that has had his eye on anna for a while, they start dating, and all the while anna has another guardian who turns out to be a prick, then she gets another one.

i loved how all the characters reacted with each other, made it so much more believable.
and wow what a ending, elita i am anxiously awaiting book 2, great work, and i highly recomend this to anyone who is sick of the same old vampire stories, please check this one out, you wont be dispointed :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Paced, Great Concept! Should be a movie, September 30, 2013
This review is from: Guardian (Kindle Edition)
This story should be turned into a movie. The idea of Vampires requiring Guardians is very unique. It's a fast read with lots of action.

Guardian