5.0 out of 5 stars Rating Of Guardians and Angels
This was a very good story depicting our time in the deep south and what war was like. Gives me an appreciation of what our distant relatives went through for our United States of America!
Published 10 months ago by Brenda Frauhammer

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor writing, poor editing
Published 5 months ago by Linda Resau

5.0 out of 5 stars Rating Of Guardians and Angels, January 9, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - Quick read, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Of Guardians and Angels (Paperback)
I highly recommend this book. The author does a great job describing scenes and situations. Its a fast read but there are a lot of moments where I had to set the book down and reflect. The author makes the reader think about their view of race, religion and geographic stereotypes without being preachy or forcing an opinion - which is a welcome change. I am interested in history but far from an expert and the author does a wonderful job of creating a vision of what it was like in the civil war era. He paints a picture not only of the landscape, but the personal and geopolitical climate that really helps the reader understand the culture and personality of the time. It's not a history book though. Starting in present time, the main character is taken back in time as he tries to discover his heritage. It's just a great story with a twist that you wont be able to put down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Historical Fiction, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Of Guardians and Angels (Paperback)
I love historical fiction, so this was an easy pick for me. Oliver created a beatiful story that everyone can relate to. We all come to a point when we become curious about our family history, and this was an intriguing story of just that. Discovering a rich family history with mystery. Well done, Mr. Oliver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming historical love story, December 18, 2013
Richard Berner (Walnut, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Guardians and Angels (Paperback)
This book was a love story and how history played a role in the past and present with a few surprises thrown in. Easy read and was hard to put down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor writing, poor editing, June 16, 2014
Linda Resau (SCOTTSDALE, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
I know it's easy to get published these days, but geez - can't we count on editors to at least make things readable? Maybe that's harsh, but I have no patience with picking up a book that demonstrates an elementary school level of language command - apparently on the part of the author and the editor. Otherwise, how would "prospective" be used (at least twice) when "perspective" was intended, and "reign" be used when "rein" is the correct contextual use?

Good story, bad execution, writing and character development. I decided to not waste any more of my time, and didn't finish it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Of Guardians and Angels (Paperback)
The deeper I got into Of Guardians and Angels the harder it was to put down. It is the kind of story that makes you wonder if its really true! So rich in history, action and emotion.
It could be enjoyed by men or women. I've already bought a second copy and have given it as a gift.
I also ordered another book by Oliver and look forward to reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Written, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Of Guardians and Angels (Paperback)
What an amazing author...This book captured my interest from beginning to end. I literally could not put it down...The story was so interesting and so well written I was totally lost in it's pages...The characters so vivid..the descriptions so profound...Love this book..
It will be my next book club's selection...
Starting another Thomas Wade Oliver book right now... Marcia B.

4.0 out of 5 stars Captures you…you won't be able to put it down!, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Of Guardians and Angels (Paperback)
Once I started I couldn't put this book down! It captures you and you need to find out what happens.. Does John find answers? How does Abby know about John's family? What happens in the past and what happens in the present? It was very interesting how the pieces all came together in the end. I read the last chapter twice, becuase it wasn't how I had imagined it ( it never is) but it works. Well worth the read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstading Book, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Of Guardians and Angels (Paperback)
The author kept me riveted from beginning to end. It was an outstanding story that could make a person really wonder where their roots or name actually came from. I didn't think the book was hard to follow along at all like the author indicated. Good job, looking forward to your next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story! A must read!!, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Of Guardians and Angels (Paperback)
What a great story! I couldn't put the book down until I found out what happened to the characters. It was both a love story and had a lot of history. It was written in a way that you felt as if you were experiencing it. An easy, enjoyable read. I would highly recommend this book!!

Of Guardians and Angels
Of Guardians and Angels by Thomas Wade Oliver (Paperback - November 13, 2013)
$12.99 $11.69