5.0 out of 5 stars I have a review. I have part of a review. 12%
The James Gunn directed space opera movie based on the most unlikely group of rag-tag anti-heroes also has the most unlikely of soundtracks. From david bowie to the jackson five to blue swede, there's a lot to love about this soundtrack. It even includes the score by Tyler Bates.

Published 4 months ago by Shawn Hughes Magargee

3.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, but Plain
Published 2 months ago by Marshall Conn

5.0 out of 5 stars I have a review. I have part of a review. 12%, July 30, 2014
This review is from: Guardians of the Galaxy (Audio CD)

The sound quality of the classic music is crisp and clear, and this soundtrack is just plain fun to listen to. The score itself is gorgeous. Easily the best score in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It's the most real, authentic, eclectic soundtrack I have heard in my entire life.

Oh yeah!

5.0 out of 5 stars Two CD's for the FULL Guardians of the Galaxy musical experience!, August 6, 2014
This review is from: Guardians of the Galaxy (Audio CD)
FANTASTIC PURCHASE! (Or, as Groot would say: "I AM GROOT!")

If you loved Guardians of the Galaxy in the theater then this is the album to purchase!

The Deluxe Soundtrack is a two disc set that contains both the soundtrack (aka "Awesome Mix Tape vol 1") as well as Tyler Bates dramatic score. Rather than settle for one album or the other you can own both in one fell swoop for a terrific price.

Disc 1: Awesome Mix Tape Vol 1
I don't need to say anymore. This is the album that most movie-goers are going to be familiar with. Songs like "Hooked on a Feeling", "Spirit in the Sky", and "Cherry Bomb" lit up theaters as part of the trailers and are joined by other great hits like "Come and Get Your Love" and "Escape". It's a great collection of songs from the 70's that proves that Peter Quill's mother had great taste in music. Never before has a soundtrack album been integrated so perfectly into a film!

Disc 2: The Score by Tyler Bates.
Remember "300", "Sucker Punch", and "Watchmen"? That was Tyler Bates. It's a solid score that bounces from dark and brooding to tonally light and comical and back again. Tracks like "Black Tears" bring the Guardians theme to the forefront in a way that makes you wish you were back in the theater again, with a big tub of popcorn watching the crew of the Milano tear it up on the big screen. It's a subtle score in places but I've found that I listen to it as much as the Mix Tape!

My only regret is that this wasn't available as an MP3 album and I had to wait a few extra days to get it in the mail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked On A Feeling, July 30, 2014
This review is from: Guardians of the Galaxy (Audio CD)
Guardians Of The Galaxy was my most anticipated film of 2014 and it's most definitely my favorite movie of 2014 so far. I loved the casting, the directoring, but wow the soundtrack might just be the best part about this film. These songs have an actually precense throughout this film, most these songs are played on Peter Quill aka Star-Lord's Sony Walkman that his mother gave him and it's literally his last connection to the life he had on Earth. I hardly buy soundtracks for films (last one I bought was the soundtrack to Drive) but it would've been criminal to keep myself from owning this amazing soundtrack. I definitely recommend buying it especially after you've seen the film, it adds a whole new layer of emotions when you listen to these songs afterwards. The best part is that these are all old 1970s songs you know and probably already love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ain't no thing like me, except me!, August 4, 2014
This review is from: Guardians of the Galaxy (Audio CD)
Great soundtrack and songs for the epic movie. Simply great, a must buy if saw the movie or love 70s pop music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid soundtrack & score for an incredible film!, August 4, 2014
This review is from: Guardians of the Galaxy (Audio CD)
This is the one to buy, as it has the score and the contents of the Awesome Mix vol 1.

The movie made it's budget in less than 4 days & had the highest August opening in history.

As a fan of music and film, I can say if you are even slightly considering buying this album at all, go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bundle, August 6, 2014
This review is from: Guardians of the Galaxy (Audio CD)
Awesome soundtrack! Not only is the set list for 'Awesome Mix Vol 1' here, but the score is phenomenal as well! Marvel did an excellent job on this package. I highly recommend!

Disk 1 contains 'Awesome Mix Vol 1'
Disk 2 contains the score, by Tyler Bates

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome soundtrack that gels well with the movie, August 15, 2014
Possible spoilers

In its second week of release, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy this awesome soundtrack has claimed the top position on the Billboard 200 chart Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy : it features classics from the 1970s songs such as Blue Swede's "Hooked on a Feeling," "I'm Not in Love" by 10cc, Redbone's "Come and Get Your Love," and The Runaways' "Cherry Bomb."

For at the heart of this movie is its music, as it plays an almost central thematic role in Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" as the 1970s songs included in the film are part of the story-line in a pretty unique way. As one of the main narrative plot points in the movie, is that Quill has a compilation tape `Awesome Mix #1' that he received from his mother before she died, which she had put together for him. It has of songs that she loved, all songs from the 1970s, and this is the only thing Quill has left of his mother, and his former home on Earth. He uses the music as a connection to his past and to the sadness he felt, but also joy - as we the viewer are engrossed in the opening sequences of the movie when Quill does impromptu dance sequence.

For Quill this is the sound track to his life. One of best Marvel films to date, with an excellent marriage between celluloid and music.

5.0 out of 5 stars This seems to contain all the music in the Awesome Mix #1 that AZ is selling in a bundle ..., July 31, 2014
cde (Vienna, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guardians of the Galaxy (Audio CD)
This seems to contain all the music in the Awesome Mix #1 that AZ is selling in a bundle with it. This album does have a disk with the other music from the film. It might be worth having the second copy so that disk can live in the car player.

3.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, but Plain, September 19, 2014
I'm feeling conflicted about the "deluxe" vinyl edition of this OST. On the one hand, I got exactly what I wanted, which is a vinyl copy of the best mix in years. On the other hand, we've got plain black discs (which is fine) with rather plain labels, housed in plain white paper sleeves, in a gatefold package with absolutely nothing special or "deluxe" about them. I admit that I kind of wanted a quote from James Gunn on how the soundtrack came together, what they were shooting for, just some information on a brilliant soundtrack. Instead, all of the inside space is filled with the same tracklisting as found on the back, except now with production credits and three photos of concept art that have floated around the Internet for years. I still love the soundtrack, and the pressing is very nice and high quality, but I guess I wanted more... frills.

5.0 out of 5 stars For this review to work I will need your eyes and that guy's prosthetic leg..., August 4, 2014
Korey Brooks (Chicago Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guardians of the Galaxy (Audio CD)
What heh heh....I really need it...ha ha ha!!! Really awesome mix for the old classic songs and a great score by Tyler from a wonderful movie. Best since Avengers.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy by Tyler Bates (Audio CD - 2014)