4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet little mittens
Published on January 11, 2012 by Jack Nicholson

1.0 out of 5 stars They made a big bloody scratch on baby's face
Published 20 months ago by Frequent Amazon Shopper

1.0 out of 5 stars They made a big bloody scratch on baby's face, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Guava Kids Unisex Baby Guava Mitts (Baby Product)
I wanted to love these mitts. (Pros:) They seem well constructed, with a cute, gender neutral design, and practical reversible fabric to change the color scheme. I liked that they had the adjustable velcro strap across the wrist to help the mitts stay on the baby's hands. The material is more substantial and the wrist area less scratchy inside than the cheaper mitts commonly available in the baby department of some big national stores. The Guavakids mitts are also available in different sizes, which was nice since the m/l size fit my large (99th percentile) newborn who weighed 10.5 pounds at birth and 13 pounds by 1 month.

(Cons:) However, these mitts caused the very problem they are supposed to prevent. I bought these for the sole purpose of preventing my baby from scratching his face with his little sharp baby fingernails (which always seem to be getting little sharp edges even though I trim and file them at least 1-2 times per day). While my baby was wearing these mitts, he was very badly scratched, actually it was more like a cut. The mitts were fastened securely, but a little bit of the velcro strap extended past/hung over the edge of the mitt's wrist. So when he tried to scratch his face, the tip of the velcro strip on one of the mitts turned up against his skin, and the hard, hooked part of the velcro when rubbed against his cheek cut two close parallel lines deeply into the skin. The cuts it caused were not so deep as to need stitches, but deeper than fingernail scratches, and deep enough to leave a blood trail and to be visible for a few weeks after scabbing over and healing. After that, I decided to just use some baby socks on his hands instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars They look so cute!, March 24, 2014
I bought these for my sweet 4 month old baby boy who with diagnosed with eczema and cradle cap they got out of control. Although they look super cute the first night I put them on him he woke up with following morning with scratched all over his cheeks from the velcrow/overhang scratching his face. We've decided that socks work better and are returning them! I wish they'd do something different on the bottoms and I would have totally kept them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet little mittens, January 11, 2012
These are such a great idea. They have high contrast designs for baby, are eco-friendly, and stay on as they say they do. I give this 4 stars for two reasons; 1) My baby is 4.5 months and the gloves fit quite snug from the beginning so once I washed them the first time they shrank and now they barely fit her little hands (we just bought them). She fussed when I put them on her this morning, and in general my baby really doesn't fuss over much, but they are already too tight. 2) I bought these thinking they may help with cold hands, but I think they are a bit too thin for that. The other part to this is once baby starts chewing on her hands the mitts get soaked, therefore defeating the purpose of keeping her little hands warm. For both of these reasons I think the mitts should be labeled for sizes 0-3 months instead of 0-6. Overall I do like them. As soon as I put them on baby she was checking out her pretty little mitts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful little mitts, December 7, 2012
We purchased a pair of these because the standard mitts you find in stores were too big for our newborn and kept slipping off while he slept. These mitts stayed on and kept his beautiful face scratch free.

2.0 out of 5 stars way too small for 3-month old, July 17, 2012
Unclear product descriptions and I wish there were size specs for them! Nice cotton and well made, but still does not justify the price tag for lasting barely a week. Going back to putting socks to prevent scratching....

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these mittens!, March 25, 2012
My 4 month old was scratching her head until she bled & was able to take off every pair of mittens I used. These mittens are cute & stylish, plus my baby can't take them off. And I love that they are bamboo. It helps them not to get all smelly when she sucks on them.
The only thing I don't like about them is that they aren't very wide & it's a bit of struggle to get little wiggly hands in them, but they are still AMAZING and I've already recommended them to everyone in my mom's group.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but, March 13, 2014
A. Jackson "80'sBaby!" (Rio Grande Valley, TX) - See all my reviews
If your baby has fat hands/fingers these won't fit. I think my son was only able to fit them for a small time bc he was born at 36 weeks so he wasn't as chunky as some babies, he was only 5 pounds. But once he got about 8 pounds, he could no longer fit them. They are super cute tho!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but unnecessary item!, August 29, 2014
L&M (Redwood City, CA) - See all my reviews
One item I don't think we needed. You can just use sock on the little one those first few days. By the time I washed and dried this tiny item, he'd mostly be wearing socks :) And you need to wash often, as their tiny palm sweat inside, mitts get puke or drool on them, and so forth.
But they are cute, and a souvenir of how tiny his hands were...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 5, 2012
My wife wanted a large mitten for our little boy. We was unable to find them an any store around here so I started to search online an came across these, glad I did. They are great an exactly what my wife wanted. They are large an have a Velcro adjustable wrist band.. Great product an don't see how anyone could be disappointed in this product. By the way shipping was very very fast A++ for shipping speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all my (kids') life!?, December 5, 2011
Finding stylish mittens for my son was *impossible.* But I made him wear the ugly, generic ones anyway because if he wasn't sucking on his fingers, he was scratching his face with them. At the end of the day, it was so sad to take them off and smell his stinky, sour hands, but what else could I do? Enter guavamitts! With guavamitts, his face stayed scratch-free, his fingers stayed smell-free, and he was engaged with the *genius* black & white brain-stimulating designs. And to top it off, I didn't have to worry about losing them since they have a hook & loop closure. Yahoo!