4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book (but needs updating)
Published on August 25, 2000 by Eden Foods = Hobby Lobby

3.0 out of 5 stars This book should be $5.00 - its like a good pamphlet
Published on February 4, 2006 by BlackLitLover

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book (but needs updating), August 25, 2000
DFC is completely off base with his review. You need a book like "guerilla credit" exactly because of people like DFC (a banker - little wonder) who believes that everyone with bad credit is a loser who simply needs to pay his/her bills. Well, I have news for you DFC, this book is extremely helpful for those of us who are the victims of credit reporting agencies who couldn't care less about the accuracy of the information they are reporting.
I am one of the many people who, at 30 years old, had never requested copies of my credit reports, and who thought I had perfect credit prior to inexplicably being turned down for a loan. Much to my horror, I found out that there were more than 40 errors in my credit reports. Dozens of accounts that had been closed for many years were still reflecting as open, students loans erroneously reflecting defaults, credit card accounts erroneously reflecting 30 and 60 day late payments. All false information. Using Todd's book, ALL of this false information has now been removed from my reports. Moreover, this book will teach you how to get results when the reporting agencies play their little games of "verifying" erroneous information. I can't tell you how many times my reports came back with "information verified" even though I had enclosed written documentation that the information being reported was not correct (it really is unbelievable isn't it!) Berman explained how to be persistent, get aggressive, and fight these unethical reporting companies and their shoddy work practices.
Even if you legitimately have creditors knocking on your door, this book will give you some very helpful advise as to negotiating a partial payment in return for a promise not to report the negative information to a credit bureau (DFC doesn't want you to know that). And the book will also tell you how you MAY be able to get some accurate (but old) information removed from your report.
Finally, the credit reporting agencies try very hard to make your report as cryptic as possible in an effort to prevent you from understanding exactly what they are reporting about you. Todd's book shows you how to read your report - a very important first step. However, I must add that because the book is now 6 years old, and because the agencies keep changing the form of their reports (gee, I wonder why?), this is the book's biggest downfall right now (and the ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 stars). PLEASE Todd if you're reading this, revise your book and publish a new edition!
Notwithstanding this one downfall, I still HIGHLY recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars This book should be $5.00 - its like a good pamphlet, February 4, 2006
BlackLitLover (Miami Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Guerrilla Guide to Credit Repair: How to Find Out What's Wrong with Your Credit Rating--and How to Fix It (Paperback)
This book was disappointing. Buying a book without being able to browse it beforehand makes it difficult to know if its what you want. If I would have been able to skim through this book prior to buying, I would not have bought it. It's not that it's bad, it's just that its not what I needed or the title implied. It is not a comprehensive book at all. The title "guerrilla" makes you think it will offer unique, aggressive, insightful, strategic, or uncommonly known tactics to attack your credit repair. It absolutely fell short of that. But what it does deliver is very detailed, easy to follow understanding of BASIC information (what credit is, how to contact the bureaus, what type of letters to send, etc.) It gives you a decent strategy on how to dispute items on your CR. A huge shortcoming for this book is that 100 pages of the 200 page book was given to printing the FCRA (fair credit reporting act). Helpful but a waste. Instead of giving us some "guerrilla tactics" for 100 pages, they print the act instead. If you are really trying to repair your credit and you need real life information and real "guerrilla" tactics then you MUST prepare yourself mentally (it can get legal, psychological and emotional) and use the vast amounts of FREE information and FREE resources available online. Try joining FREE online communities/forums. Avoid people capitalizing on your despair with over-priced credit repair books, credit repair kits, pay-for services (i.e. now bankrupt AmeriDebt) or other books where gazillionaires bloviate about how rich and debt-free THEY are. Good for you. People with poor financial situations and poor credit do need inspiration but people also need practical aggressive ways to get their backs from against the wall. In conclusion, you'd be better off researching online for a few weeks, seeking FREE professional opinions, or checking out books like this one from the library.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB !!!, April 8, 2002
It doesn't get any better than this. I was desperate trying to get a book that could help me in the subject. God, am I glad that I got this book. It teached me everything I have to know in order to fix my credit; from getting my credit report, how to read it (and understand it), and how to "repair it". I jumped from a lousy 523 points to 715 points in a period of 6 months. Yes thats right, they are not magicians (not over night fixing), but real fixing of your credit trough very easy and practical steps. You just have to be consistent cause time is important.
Thank you gentleman for saving my life !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars To rebut the negative reviews..., July 10, 2003
By A Customer
First, a disclaimer: I own a copy of this book, but have not looked at any others on the subject, so I don't know what else may be available and perhaps better-suited than this title to meet your needs.
Primarily, I write to rebut the negative reviewers, among them self-described #1 authority in the country (and yet curiously uncredentialed) Bill Bauer, loan officer DFC and JD, who together dismiss this book as 'pap' and 'cloaking strategy.' Yes, the book can be repetitive and some of the advice seems slightly dodgy, but I find merit in the authors' advice to negotiate with creditors to remove negative credit marks in exchange for payment (however long-delayed) of debt. If someone who has had credit problems in the past can eliminate these negative marks immediately in exchange for payment rather than pay the bill and simply wait out the expiration of the negative marks (minimum: 2 years!), WHY WOULDN'T THEY?
This is not 'pap.' This is not 'cloaking strategy.' This, my friends, is 'negotiating.'

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read on this subject!, July 5, 2001
By A Customer
Lets make this short and sweet... I've ready over 15 books on this subject, and this one is one of the best! Just click the buy button and check out. I've spent 5 times the price of this book on some of the others, and this one is better than all 15 combined!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, May 15, 2002
"bluecherry9" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This is a great book. This is what the credit repair companies do. He gives step by step instructions. This book is for those who want to repair their own credit, not just learn about credit and credit reports. It tells you what to do if The Big 3 agencies do not respond. He explains the process and does not tell you to just dispute but tells you what to do after you dispute.... GREAT INFORMATION. GREAT PRICE......... Only problem, This book is OLD........ It needs an update. However, Almost everything is still valid, execpt TRW is now Experian. I recomend getting this book and another book that is updated. Good Luck

5.0 out of 5 stars The Guerrilla Guide to Credit Repair : How to Find Out What', January 25, 2000
Crystal Spraggins (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This is the best book I have ever read on this topic! I like the "fighting attitude" of this book. The author lets readers know that they do not have to be satisfied with incomplete and inaccurate information on their credit reports. The tips on negotiating with creditors to improve your credit rating were great. They worked for me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound Advice that Works but...., April 24, 2005
Updating would be a good thing with recent changes in the FCRA. I read the reviews by others before I read the material myself. Seeing that other reviewers had looked into Bill Bauer who claimed to be an expert on the topic and gave a very negative review and I saw the book was sound raised my curiousity level and I Googled him as well. I think a new book about him would make fascinating reading. Please do not take the negative reviews seriously. They have an agenda.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB written for "We the People" ESSENTIAL, October 30, 2001
DR. MARIO T. SCADUTO (MANHATTAN BEACH, CA USA) - See all my reviews
In plain english, step by step, for every situation, this book explains how to win. I purchased this book, used it to write three short letters and won. Thanks gentlemen. My highest regards.
DR. MARIO T. SCADUTO e: Dr.MarioT@gte.net
Would you kindly write a book about the elusive F.I.C.O. scores and how best to increase one's score? Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book on credit repair., August 8, 2003
Mongo in Texas (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I thought this was a good book on how to improve your credit report. It is a little bit old but the author does take you step by step through ideas that can help you improve your credit report. I would recommend this book to a friend with credit problems.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›