5.0 out of 5 stars The best money I've ever spent!
Let me start off by saying, "This book changed my life!"

Here's my story:
Published on July 22, 2011 by Jessica Buckingham

2.0 out of 5 stars Marketing Hype Full of Silly Gimmicks
Although this book may benefit people is sales and advertising etc, the majority of advice supplied by the authors is NOT suitable for professional engineers, accountants, lawyers etc.

Published on March 8, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars The best money I've ever spent!, July 22, 2011
This review is from: Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0: How to Stand Out from the Crowd and Tap Into the Hidden Job Market using Social Media and 999 other Tactics Today (Paperback)
Let me start off by saying, "This book changed my life!"

Here's my story:
On March 7, I lost my job as a National Sales Manager. My husband is a stay-at-home dad, so our stakes were greater than most. The following day I began applying for positions on career builders, linked in, Monster. I even paid to have my resume posted on The ladders. (which was a total waste of money) Every morning began the same, 7 a.m. I began applying, 7 p.m. I sent my last for the day. Not knowing any better, I was working with an extremely long 4 page resume, even at 30 years of age.

On June 9th I found out that I had been passed over for a regional Sales Management role, a role that I didn't want for any other reason except for the pay check. Devastated, I went to my local library to hide my shame and look for answers. Up until this point, I had been on 4 interviews in 3 months. The calls just weren't coming in like they had in the past. It was during that very trip to the library that I stumbled upon the 1st version of Job hunters. After reading the reviews online, I decided to spend the $13.17 to buy the updated Guerrilla Marketing for Job hunters 3.0 e-book on Amazon.

Determined not to waste any time, I began reading. By Sunday, 36 hours later, I had read the book and begun the process. I felt the urgency, the clock was ticking, day & night. I followed the book step by step, reading and re-reading, like a mad-woman on a mission. By Monday, June 13, 2011 I had written my Guerrilla resume, updated my extended resume, (For content purposes only) created my cover letter and posted my resume. I spent the following week networking and completing profile after profile. It wasn't until the week after, June 27-July 1st that the calls from potential employers started coming in. Let me tell you, I was ear-to-ear smiles, from the moment I woke up until the time I fell asleep. I was doing something that was making a difference, and it felt GREAT! I knew it wasn't "If" anymore, it was just a matter of "when". 19 days from the first time I laid eyes on the job hunters bible, I had 3-4 interviews a day scheduled for over a week out.

On June 29th my #1 company, of my Top 10 (You'll learn what this is in the book) called me for an interview. They were so anxious and happy to have finally found me that they scheduled the 1st & 2nd interview at the same time, and they were both scheduled for that very same week!! Long Story short, I'm proud to report that on Tuesday, July 20th I concluded my job search with a bidding war in my favor. I happily accepted the position of Director, National Sales for an increase of $30,000 a year and a starting date of August 1st.

My success wouldn't have been possible without David Perry, Kevin Donlin and the Guerrilla Marketing team. My only regret is that I didn't find the book sooner.

Their book gave me the tools to change my future. I hope you have the same success!

5.0 out of 5 stars Timid Job Seekers Have Skinny Kids!!, September 12, 2011
First review: March 13, 2010
Now, September 12, 2011, 18 months later...

If you are truly serious about finding a new career opportunity, this book is required reading. Don't do another thing at all in your job search until you have this book in your hands and read it. It is better that you do nothing at all than to do something without David Perry's guidance, coaching, wisdom and insight.

Do you want a larger paycheck sooner rather than later? If so, invest in yourself. Buy this book. Not buying it will probably cost you thousands of dollars. Buying it will cost you what two Starbucks coffees would cost you. If you had the opportunity to buy David Perry a Starbucks, sit down with him for 3 hours and pick his brain, I bet you would do it. That is what you are doing here...having a "virtual cup of coffee" with the best in the business in job hunting. But it gets even better...with his book you have all of the notes from that meeting, in writing, to review and use over and over again.

So why was I eagerly waiting for the release of "Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0?"

I am a "headhunter." I do not call myself a recruiter. I do not call myself an "executive search" consultant. I PLACE PEOPLE into COMPANIES. I help companies "hire to win." I am 100% commissioned in what I do. If I do NOT place my candidate into an open position, I don't get paid. I don't eat! I am in the JOB HUNT BATTLE EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE!

Thus, what I do MUST WORK! All too many job hunting books are written by HR professionals and career counselors who will get their salary or get their "career counseling consulting fee" regardless of whether you get hired or not.

SO WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH GUERRILLA 3.0?? In one word, "EVERYTHING"!

I started my "headhunting" business in 2003. I was very good at it. In 2005, I saw Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters in the book store. I read the bio and learned that David Perry is a "recruiter" so I figured I would buy a copy and peruse it. After just a few pages, I was highlighting, paper clipping, taking notes and devouring the book. The very next day I was in the office reshaping the way I did business.

*I learned how to write powerful cover letters and send them to my clients on my candidate's behalf
*I honed my voice mail scripts
*I started role playing mock interviews with the candidates I presented
*...and the list could go on...

The main point is I learned how to truly differentiate myself as a recruiter. I learned how to be a "guerrilla" and that is when I can say I went from being a recruiter to being a "headhunter." More importantly, I learned how to powerfully differentiate the candidates I represented so THAT THEY WOULD GET HIRED!!! And they did. I was a top 200 recruiter in the MRI Network out of over 8000 recruiters for 3 years in a row. GUERRILLA WORKS for getting hired.

In 2009, I started building my firm and started hiring people to work for me. The first book I went to buy for training my new people was Guerrilla and to my dismay, it was "out of print." I panicked. But with a few clicks, I quickly discovered that, in just another few weeks, Guerrilla 2.0 was coming out. I pre-ordered 7 copies.

When the book landed in my office, we all did a deep dive. That year our entire recruiting firm, with rookies, billed close to a million dollars by PLACING PEOPLE.

So you can see why I couldn't wait to read 3.0.

David teaches you HOW TO PLACE YOURSELF...HOW TO RISE ABOVE YOUR COMPETITION AND WIN THE JOB YOU WANT instead of letting it go to someone else.

If you get 3.0 and don't get anything from it, I want to know why. (You can find it under my profile on LinkedIn.)

Yes, his methods are different. Yes, they can be scary. Yes, you initially will be nervous using them. Guess what!? I have made money using them and you will too....HOW? You will get hired and get your paycheck!!

And here is the best part...he tells you exactly what to do. You aren't left guessing. So unless you are retired or planning on retiring this year, you need this book. Whether you are an introvert, extrovert, salesperson, engineer, manager, accountant, lawyer or just graduating from college, this publication is required reading.

2.0 out of 5 stars Marketing Hype Full of Silly Gimmicks, March 8, 2011

There is something imbecile about sending coffee cups and boxes along with pamphlet-like resumes full of logos to potential employers. Maybe one has to be able to differentiate oneself from the crowd, but I certainly do not want to look like an idiot among sheep.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of reviews by people whose reading list consists of this book, December 17, 2011
Patty (Philadelphia) - See all my reviews
And only this book. Any time i see an overwhelming number of five star reviews I check out what other material the reviewers have reviewed. In this case there are an awful lot of people who have only read this book. Guerrilla marketing, indeed.

1.0 out of 5 stars A mish mash, January 13, 2011
The book consists of short articles, apparently by the book's authors, supplemented by many, many brief articles by other people.

The advice is contradictory. Any structure of "how to do a job search" must be built by the reader as the book attempts no coherence. I suspect Levinson (who I suspect played a minimal role and is just on the cover for sales) did a fine job with the first book in the series. But, like Nora Roberts, the series has gone on too long and the quality has collapsed.

Whitcomb's Job Search Magic: Insider Secrets from America's Career And Life Coach is structured, coordinated, sets up a step by step plan you don't have to invent, is 164 pages longer and a dollar cheaper in paper.

If you looking for bathroom reading, buy Levinson. If you're looking for a job, buy Whitcomb.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want/need a job - get this book and follow the instructions!!, November 20, 2011
I was 8 months without a job and tried everything "old school" to find a job - no luck!! But you know what - as Gary Player said "The harder you work, the luckier you get!!" Yes, LUCK does play an important part in you getting a job - BUT how do you get "lucky" - stay focus here - I'm talking about JOB HUNTING!! To really stand out from the crowd - as we business types learned from school - you have to "differentiate", be different from the crowd/masses, it could be the "coffee invitation" or a special report you found that would help the company. Great, so how do you "be different" and get "luckier" with your job hunting amongst the tens of thousands out there?

This guide shows you the step by step way to "market" YOU!! You'll learn and apply different approaches to not only the traditional ways of job hunting but also what the current trends are and how to use the latest online platforms to add ammunition to your arsenal to hit your target dream job!!

As I mentioned above, I was out of work for 8 months and I have heard from other people who are still looking after 12 months, 18 months, 24 months....it's a very sad situation indeed!! Having been thru to the process - I cannot emphasize enough the need to be different - I got this book around mid-May 2011. Before getting this, I had already rewritten my resume of 4 pages a million times and had the 2-page, 3-page 4-page versions for all kinds of different roles. The "shot gun" approach!! Nothing worked!! So, instead of hitting my head against the same brick wall and hoping for a different result - I decided to apply the "rules of engagement" from GMJH 3.0!

My 1-pager resume started to get noticed and even though I didn't get offers straight away - recruiters were calling back - YES, they were calling back!! - saying how great the resume looked and how concise the information was which really helped them to understand what I was looking for and my skill sets. I wasn't getting many call backs from the "coffee" invitations but I thought it was early days and just kept going and moving onto new contacts, A couple of weeks passed with similar feedback and then boom I was called in to talk to a number of financial institutions and some startups - these were my target groups! Another week went by and I got the job offers - not a huge amount - but hey, all I needed was 1 offer - right! Well, I actually had a number of offers to choose from!

So did the book helped me find a job - that's a YES!!! But it's not a book - it's a guide to help you plan, structure and attack the daunting task of finding your next job! It's the blueprint to a campaign that you will need to take to heart and make real! It's the action plan that YOU have to work on day in and day out to you achieve the results you are looking for! Yes, it's hard work and cannot and must not delegate it to recruiters or online jobs sites - just because you think you have uploaded your resume there. It's not a silver bullet to your solution but I think the book is worth much much more than anything you can place a value on. It directs you to new ways of thinking, new approaches to present yourself in a new way, it asks you to take risks that you would never do or even know how to start doing.

Now sitting on the other side of the hiring table, I can see from the scores of resumes arriving from job seekers all the things GMJH tells you not to do. I do get back to the applicants and when not asking them into the interview, I ask them to review their resume and get and use the GMJH 3.0 approach.

So I do believe you can create your own luck as Gary Player said, I would add that you not only work hard but find a way to work with new tools and one of the best tools around to help you is GMJH 3.0!

Jay and David thank you for sharing your knowledge!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hired in less than a month using GM4JH v 3.0, February 9, 2012
I just want to give David Perry and Jay Conrad Levinson a big thank you for writing this book. I am happy to say that after using the techniques suggested in GM4JH v 3.0 I was able to land myself a job at a higher income and with better benefits than in my previous job. To put this in perspective when I graduated from college in 2008 it took me three years to land my first full time gig, after three months and a horrible boss and work environment I was fired from my job on January 11, 2012. I will admit I was scared, but I knew I had to look for a job in a different way, after a little bit of Googling I stumbled upon GM4JH, and I devoured it immediately. GM4JH was great I loved the ideas that were presented; I thought the Guerilla Resume was awesome, and the idea of going pass HR (or the enemy as I like to call them) to find work was brilliant.

After researching some of the techniques I decided that I would use the coffee cup caper, a Guerilla Resume, and a QR code included in the coffee cup caper package that would link to my visual resume on YouTube. It took me two weeks to perfect my resume, launch a website, and receive the boxes to mail the packages out. I must admit, my family and friends thought I was nuts when I told them about my approach, they thought it wouldn't work - but the results proved otherwise. After seeing a posting for two companies that I wanted to work for on Indeed I sent two coffee cup packages out. The one company ignored my resume, but the other company a small startup tech firm immediately responded. The company told me the CEO loved the package, they interviewed me over the phone, scheduled an interview for Tuesday, and the following day I received an offer that was higher than the average pay they would give for a marketing associate and I finally have an awesome job with big potential to grow! GM4JH helped me accomplish in less than three weeks what it took me three years to achieve in finding work the old fashioned way.

Guerillas these techniques work! Don't change your approach from the methods in this book or if you're struggling in your search maybe you should add more Guerilla techniques and find something that works for you. These techniques are tough, they will take you out of your comfort zone, but they are worth it! I can't believe that I would be one of the Guerilla Success Stories that achieved getting a career in three weeks in this economy. But I remained positive and most importantly I believed in the techniques in this book and I applied them. If you follow this radical approach for job-hunting, the Guerilla Approach, I know you will achieve success because if I can do it you can definitely do it as well. I wish all of you the best in your job search, guerillas, this stuff works and I'm living proof of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply - THE definitive guide, January 29, 2012
The original of most books is usually only tweaked to bring it up to date. In this case, though, Levinson and Perry has had no option but to update the entire work. The impact of the internet, the importance of sites like LinkedIn and the growing use of LI by increasingly wider sections of the job hunting community, left them with little alternative. They have surpassed themselves.

There are only really three definitive texts on Job Hunting. "What Color is Your Parachute" appeals to most sectors though it is certainly most popular with the middle management generalist. "Guerilla Marketing" is probably particularly suited to commercially-minded professionals. "The Senior Executive's Emergency Job Hunt" is aimed at the more senior bracket.

Taken as a library you'd be hard pressed to think of anything that is not covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars From my personal experience I highly recommend this book!, November 8, 2012
While I was looking for my very first job in the USA (I moved here from Russia several months ago) and my 2-month job search was not bringing any positive results, I decided to change my approach and look for a job differently. However I was not sure how exactly. Luckily, while I was thinking of changing my job search strategy, my friend sent me a link to a blog post which reviewed the Guerilla Resumes book. The post was telling about a completely different approach to the resume creation described in the book. The statement that such kind of a resume will catch the employer's attention sounded very inspiring and attractive. Therefore I immediately decided to look for the book on Amazon, read reviews and see how much it costs. I found the latest edition of the book - Guerilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0, and both reviews and price had pleasantly surprised me. Although too many 5-star reviews looked suspicious, I still decided to buy the book hoping that it will help me with some ideas for building a new job search strategy.

The book is quite thick. The language in it is very clear and comprehensive (even for a non-native English speaker like me). The book contains step by step logical instructions of what should be done for a successful job search. There is no unnecessary rambling and needless information. The text font is big enough, so your eyes don't really get tired of reading the book. A pleasant read, overall.

While reading the book I was simultaneously working on my new job search stage following advice from the book. I was doing all the exercises to identify my strengths and achievements, to list the top companies I want to work for, to create my brand and formulate my objective, to write a completely new resume - a Guerilla resume, to update my social network profiles according to my professional brand, to increase my professional activity online, etc.

In the end of July 2012 I had started sending my new resumes, applying different tactics and ideas from the book. I should say not all of them were applied successfully and not all of them were applied easily. I had to do a lot of things for the first time and therefore to spend a lot of time on preparations, to fight my fears and uncertainty. Looking for a job in a new country and having to speak a foreign language on professional topics as if it was my mother tongue was already a new and stressful experience for me, therefore the need of applying completely new tactics from the book did not make my American job conquest any easier. My job search was a truly my full time job.

On August 1, 2012, I sent my resume to one of the companies I wanted to work for. On August 14, 2012, I was invited to the phone interview. I took one day to prepare for it. I learnt more about the company and industry, about their competitors, about their challenges and opportunities. I practiced the interview with my husband answering questions from the book, answering questions from other sources, preparing my questions, working on my voice, etc. After such thorough preparation the phone interview went flawlessly. After that I was invited to the interview in the company's office, which was a board interview with my potential team. Although that was not an easy interview, it also went very well. I spent even more time preparing for it. Finally, I was invited to the third board interview, which from my opinion was the hardest one. This interview results I was worried about the most. However, on the 29th of August I received a job offer.

Thus, I have started my Guerilla job search in the end of July, and have received a job offer in the end of August. Just 1.5 months passed from the moment I had started reading the book to the moment I got a job. Although I was a little skeptical about the book in the beginning, I am very happy I gave it a try. Guerilla tactics really work, I have tested them myself! Now I recommend this book to everyone I know who may find it useful. But the most important thing is that I am very happy with the company and the position I received. I could not have wished for a better start to my career in the United States! Thank you, David and Jay!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info but too much fluff and structure needs tweaking, March 5, 2013
I will start by saying that If you do the stuff in this book, you will certainly increase your chances of getting a job. The book is packed with good information. It also has some information that I disagree with. For example, the authors recommend going out and starting a blog, tweeting, commenting on articles and the like. Please do not post articles and information you are not sure you are knowledgeable about the subject which means doing some real research and spending a lot of time thinking things through. Comments that are not thoroughly thought out detract from the general value of such posts by making it much harder to find good information and by propagating false theories.

The structure of the book is not very well thought out. Nobody is going to remember everything and as you work through the process of getting a job, you will probably want to re-read sections. For example, I had a hard time looking up the recommended time for when to call recruiters because it was in the Attitude Check chapter.

While the book is packed with good information, it could have been greatly condensed. The authors recommend reading the book through once then reading it again to work through your search. I made it through the 300 pages the first time and there is no way I could make it through again. However, I will refer back for reference.