5.0 out of 5 stars A "must-read"...especially for those on a budget.
I REQUIRE this book as a text in my college-level Electronic Marketing class for several reasons:
1. It provides an excellent introduction to a variety of Internet Marketing tools. Basic and obvious to some...yes. However, many of my introductory students find the concepts "unique" and "innovative."
2. It is a good book for...
Published on August 25, 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on June 5, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must-read"...especially for those on a budget., August 25, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Guerrilla Marketing Online: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Earning Profits on the Internet (Paperback)
2. It is a good book for "newbies" but it also contains suggestions many of the so-called "industry experts" fail to use. I've had a few professional Web designers take my class and make visible improvements in their sites using suggestions from the book.
3. The book provides many suggestions a business can implement with little or no money. Many of my students either work for a small business or have entrepreneurial aspirations.
4. There are VERY FEW traditional textbooks in the field of Internet/electronic marketing. I reviewed a number of "popular press" books and found many were outdated, poorly written, hard to follow & understand, and/or lacked a basic marketing perspective/foundation. Some assume moderate (or higher) level of Internet experience/knowledge. They use technical terms that they don't explain. Others don't contain references or contain too many references to be useful as a text.
5. The "basic" nature of the book allows me to supplement it with lectures that contain the "cutting edge" information (taken from articles). I think the explosive growth of the Internet and the dynamic nature of Internet marketing make it unreasonable to expect ANY book to contain cutting edge information. Even assuming you could write and publish a book in less than six months, the field changes so rapidly that your book is outdated before it hits the shelves.
One note, I am aware that the book is getting "old"...I know I'll need to change texts soon but I'm hoping the authors issue a 3rd edition before it becomes necessary.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, June 5, 1999
By A Customer
As a marketing professional, I was truly disappointed with this book. It should've been more appropriately titled "Internet 101". It is outdated, shallow, and the majority of the book wastes your time by teaching you the basics of the Internet, newsgroups and email. Most of the concepts are obvious and nothing new. If you're looking for original ideas and real hard-core concepts, this is definitely not the book!

1.0 out of 5 stars how to spam, January 26, 2001
Scott R. (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This book has generated a lot of anger among Usenet users. A significant amount of the advice seems to be use flagrant violations of netiquette. I suppose the hope is, if you reach 1 million peope, and anger 95% of them, that's still 50,000 who are not angry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marketing Online Made Easy!, February 28, 2000
I had to purchase this book as a text for my online marketing class and expected it to be as boring as any other school book, what a surprise. THIS BOOK IS EASY TO UNDERSTAND and kept me interested. It has great tactics and tips for small businesses on the net. It has certainly helped me guide clients in their online marketing for their businesses!

1.0 out of 5 stars Outdated information - not worth the money, June 10, 2003
The information in this book is completely outdated. Most of the links listed don't work and the methods are archaic in today's internet world. As the internet evolves at light speed a book written in 1995 and updated in 1997 has very little relevant information in 2003. Very disappointing, as I found the Guerrilla Marketing Handbook by the same author to be well written and a useful resource, although it too needs updating to provide online contact information for many of the resources listed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD BEGINNER COURSE IN INTERNET MARKETING, July 11, 2002
I've been marketing on the internet for over 3 years now, and this was the first book on the subject that I had to work with. It is easy to understand, and it got me started.
But once you get started--learn, improvise and bust loose!
Sure, there are constantly new ideas and methods out there to learn that aren't covered in this book. But because of the nature of the internet, no manual will ever be complete.
Get this book and get going!
--George Stancliffe

3.0 out of 5 stars ick ick, September 5, 2002
By A Customer
Most of my friends who read this book was incensed. They found the techniques used in the book to be annoying. And I don't think this book will be of much use to me if using will alienate my potential customers. A much better read is Guerrilla PR Wired written by PR guy Michael Levine. It's intelligent and relevant, and is guaranteed not to put off customers.

3.0 out of 5 stars The first book for online marketer., January 25, 2002
By A Customer
I read this book before I have to join with emarketing team
at my office.It makes me understand the online location &
How to take the most advantage from the internet marketing
environment.In my opinion,the last chapter is too short
to implement. Anyway,I always read it again & again,when
I've no idea about Guerrilla tactics.

1.0 out of 5 stars Run away, March 12, 2003
By A Customer
Sorry, but this book is sooooooo not real. There are a few pieces of advice worth considering, but 90% of this books ideas won't fly in today's day and age.
If you are a budding author wanting to market your book, don't buy this, it won't work - trust me, I tried.
On the other hand, if you're an Internet marketer, then most of this book is worth the money and the wait of shipping....

Used & New from: $0.01