4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive checklist
Published on February 20, 2011 by H. Zhang

1.0 out of 5 stars total waste
Jay Conrad Levinson has written a book of ideas that he dreamed up, but are not based on success stories, case studies or research.

A small business owner would go broke trying all these ideas because there is no proof that they work, or which ideas work best.

Published on October 10, 2010 by Eric William

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars total waste, October 10, 2010
This review is from: Guerrilla Social Media Marketing: 100+ Weapons to Grow Your Online Influence, Attract Customers, and Drive Profits (Paperback)

It is very easy for an author to write a book that sounds like he has some real knowledge. But very hard to document what actually works in business. This book is NOT based on reality, nor will you learn what really works in social media.

I have a degree in PR with a marketing minor and have worked in the field for 20 years. I like books even if I only get one good idea, but this book is just fluff.

If you really want to get it, wait 'till it's $1.

3.0 out of 5 stars Guerrilla Marketing Needs More Punch, December 13, 2010
Length:: 6:46 Mins

Im using no-budget social marketing for myself and others and was excited to get my hands on this book from you-know-who. Now, feel like I ordered a Coke and got a diet Shasta soda. Guerrilla Social Media Marketing: 100+ Weapons to Grow Your Online Influence, Attract Customers, and Drive Profits

3.0 out of 5 stars Cram coarse.., March 19, 2012
Upon first picking the book I was going to use for this project I was excited to read a book that I would be able to put into practical application and be able to jumpstart my current ventures into the online cloud. The Title Boast of "100+ Weapons to Grow Your Online Influence, Attract Customers, and Drive Profits" and they surly delivered on that promise. Unfortunately this turned out to be the downfall of the book for me. Jay Conrad Levinson and Shane Gibson have written what seems to me to be an encyclopedia of social media. With 100+ ideas crammed into the 240 pages of this book it was a very fast read, but lacked in advice about how to put into practice any of the ideas it spit out at us.

2.0 out of 5 stars Generic Advice with no Practical Steps, February 7, 2013
The authors offered at best generic advice throughout the entire book. It was full of vague suggestions like, "Instill confidence in your product," and "Get people's attention by being amazing." Yes, those are actual quotes from the book, and no, the guide DID NOT provide instructions on how to instill confidence in our product or how to get people's attention by being amazing. The nineteen secrets advertised on the back is literally just a list of nineteen industry hot words with vague definitions.

I purchased this book, hopeful that the advice the authors had could establish a solid social media foundation for my company. Instead, I ended up with accounts on social media sites, and no useful way to leverage them. That I had to figure out from other sources.

Here, I'll summarize the book for you: use Facebook, be patient, use Twitter, be creative, start a blog, cooperate, join LinkedIn, be confident, be amazing . . . you get the picture. If I wanted a morale boost, I would've read Tony Robbins, and if I wanted generic business advice, I would've picked up a book by Jim Rohn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive checklist, February 20, 2011
H. Zhang "hz" (MA United States) - See all my reviews
Social media have been expanding and evolving rapidly, so it is difficult to keep up with all social media related websites, strategies and techniques. This book has compiled a very impressive list of items to consider. It would be unrealistic to follow every one of them. The book does not offer your a ready-to-go strategy, which is impossible because such strategy depends so much on the corresponding business type. This book is also somewhat like a cookbook because one can go back to it to pick different techniques to try.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless for my generation, May 23, 2011
I'm 25 so I have a grasp of social media as it has been a part of my daily life since high school. I was expecting specific strategies to make connections and sustain them, but instead I got an introductory course. I wanted proven methods and promotions. I understand that social media is so new that it's all a big guessing game but this book offered me nothing at all.

If you have no idea what twitter, stumble upon or flickr are then give it a read. Otherwise don't waste your time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Insights, March 2, 2011
I've just started to dig into this book and I've gained some solid insights about Social Media Marketing. I am always looking to expand my education and get new ideas on how I can better my own campaigns, as well as my clients. Guerrilla Social Media Marketing provides some solid ideas for anyone utilizing Social Media to implement. As for all marketing ideas and concepts, it takes time and practice to make these ideas work to their fullest potential. Absorb the information in this book and you will add some great nuggets to your education.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gifted...liked., January 10, 2014
Gave this to my sister who is getting a small business up and running. She says it's been super helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good social media tutorial, October 17, 2013
This book was just what I have been looking for. Of all the books on this subject that I have purchased, this is the very best.

5.0 out of 5 stars In the age of Social Media, a good marketing book for small business, September 16, 2013
At first you will be saying to yourself- I knew that! But the more you read the book the more you realize there are lots of great tips and ideas- you might have known- but never realized in your situation as a small business owner that they could help. Shipped quickly, great seller, Thanks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›