Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Guide to Chip-Carving Gourds
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 12, 2009
This is an excellant book written by a wonderful gourd carver who I have met and received training from. She has years of experience and is one of the best in the country. She also shares much work from other carvers, many I am sure learned from her. You will be amazed by the beautiful work presented in this book. Thank you Lyn for this great gourd book!
on June 13, 2009
This book was done beautifully and the instructions were clear and precise. Lyn has done a great job of sharing her knowledge of chip carving. I would highly recommed this book to anyone wanting to learn chip carving or to perfect their technique.
on April 27, 2012
This book has many many pictures and very detailed descriptions on how to chip carve a gourd. The tools needed to follow the patterns in this book are quite expensive, but worth it. However, one of the tools needed was a plastic measuring guide. There was a picture of it along with other supplies needed to carve the patterns. This plastic measuring tool didn't have a name, just a picture. I've looked and called everywhere, but I have no idea of where to find it.
on May 13, 2013
The is a very complete instructional book detailing a couple of carving techniques and demonstrating the effects in a variety of ways. It does not cover the wide range of applications I've seen in art carvings of this type that I was hoping for but it is thorough in what it does present. A good starter book.
on May 31, 2013
My husband grew gourds last summer and kept muttering about not knowing what he was going to do with them. So, when I saw this and a couple of similar books, I knew he would love them, especially since he has done wood carver -- Eagle Scout that he was. This book hit the mark! He looked at his gourd books for weeks. I see more gourds in my garden future!
on May 10, 2013
I do chip carving on basswood but am looking forward to try working gourds, there id one of the top gourd farms in the nation just south of us and they have very reasonable prices.
on February 2, 2011
Another beautiful and informing book about carving gourds. Very well illustrated and useful to a carver or anyone who just like to see beautiful books.
on July 26, 2011
This book has a lot of beautiful pictures and good ideas. If you love gourds and making things out of them this is a keeper for your library.
on October 31, 2014
I was looking for this book at a local store and found it on Amazon. It is great easy to follow and just what I was looking for.
on March 4, 2014
This book is nicely detailed and has many great designs. I really enjoyed seeing the possibilities of gourd crafting. great book.