Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 28, 2013
I recently returned from a sailing holiday in the BVI and the boat had an extremely useful book that was much smaller with much more useful and focused infomation than this Chesapeake Bay guide. The BVI guide had photos of the approach and anchorages, drawings of the approach and recommended track. Lots of little things that the sailor on the move wants to see and readily find with using a pub while out on the water. This Chesapeake guide needs work to make it more useful. On the positive side, it does contain lots of stories and descriptions about the area. But I was looking for a cruising guide.
on August 31, 2012
I was very disappointed in the 2012 edition. I have held onto older edition and have noted that at least one destination on the lower eastern shore has been dropped. I wonder how many other "dropped" destination I will find in the future.

The writing is also less interesting. The former authors seemed to inject personal stories and anecdotes into the writing. This edition is less fun to read and study to plan upcoming cruises.

I'm glad that I kept my 2007 edition because it is now the edition that I use. The 2012 is a backup.
on October 28, 2012
We enjoyed many places we would not have otherwise found including a great hurricane hole we are currently using to hide from hurricane sandy.....
on March 1, 2014
This is revised on an annual basis. It keeps getting better every year. Indispensable for those unfamiliar with the bay.
on March 2, 2016
Very informative and we'll laid out!
on February 26, 2016