5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide
We enjoyed many places we would not have otherwise found including a great hurricane hole we are currently using to hide from hurricane sandy.....
Published on October 28, 2012 by nkellett

3.0 out of 5 stars Covere the basics and a little more
Published 19 months ago by Sean Neilan

3.0 out of 5 stars Covere the basics and a little more, April 28, 2013
This review is from: Guide to Cruising Chesapeake Bay 2012 Edition (Spiral-bound)
I recently returned from a sailing holiday in the BVI and the boat had an extremely useful book that was much smaller with much more useful and focused infomation than this Chesapeake Bay guide. The BVI guide had photos of the approach and anchorages, drawings of the approach and recommended track. Lots of little things that the sailor on the move wants to see and readily find with using a pub while out on the water. This Chesapeake guide needs work to make it more useful. On the positive side, it does contain lots of stories and descriptions about the area. But I was looking for a cruising guide.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as past editions, August 31, 2012
I was very disappointed in the 2012 edition. I have held onto older edition and have noted that at least one destination on the lower eastern shore has been dropped. I wonder how many other "dropped" destination I will find in the future.

The writing is also less interesting. The former authors seemed to inject personal stories and anecdotes into the writing. This edition is less fun to read and study to plan upcoming cruises.

I'm glad that I kept my 2007 edition because it is now the edition that I use. The 2012 is a backup.

4.0 out of 5 stars The quide you need., March 1, 2014
This is revised on an annual basis. It keeps getting better every year. Indispensable for those unfamiliar with the bay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, October 28, 2012

Guide to Cruising Chesapeake Bay 2012 Edition
Guide to Cruising Chesapeake Bay 2012 Edition by Staff of Chesapeake Bay Magazine (Spiral-bound - September 26, 2011)
Used & New from: $32.70