From the Back Cover
A Guide for Developing Interdisciplinary Thematic Units 4/e
Patricia L. Roberts and Richard D. Kellough
Do you want to learn more about planning and delivering interdisciplinary thematic units (ITUs), that support, high-stakes testing? This practical and concise guide designed for preservice and inservice teachers offers current and practical methods, guidelines, and resources for developing ITUs to use in K-12 classrooms.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Research—on state and interstate teacher standards, national curriculum standards, state teacher tests and the No Child Left Behind Act supporting the compatibility of ITUs with high-stakes testing
- Quick Reference Classroom Guide—a list on the inside front cover providing easy access to classroom-friendly materials discussed in the chapter
- INTASC, NBPTS, and Praxis II Matrix—located inside the back cover of the book, correlates the material in the book with the relevant standards and content of INTASC, NBPTS and the Praxis II test
- ITU View—chapter-opening classroom vignettes presenting exemplary ITUs at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. These vignettes identify the appropriate grade level, theme, topic and purpose of the unit, the relevant national standards covered and the objectives, procedures, activities, assessment and evaluation for the unit.
- Professional Testing: Praxis Prep—chapter-ending questions designed to help pre-service teachers prepare to take the Praxis II test. Hints for responding are found in Appendix A. To further facilitate preparation for the Praxis test, entries in the subject index that should be reviewed have been marked with an asterisk.
- Teachers’ TechTalk—a feature found in every chapter exploring the use of technology in the classroom including suggested software, free materials and ideas that can be taken straight into the classroom
- Teacher Planning and Management—classroom management suggestions and teacher planning guides found in Appendix B as well as in margin notes in Chapter 5
- Children’s Literature Titles—an index of suggested literature to use in your own ITUs
- A Resource Guide for Elementary School Teaching: Planning for Competence, Sixth Edition, Patricia L. Roberts, Richard D. Kellough and Kay M. Moore, ISBN 0-13-119612-X
- A Resource Guide for Teaching K-12, Fifth Edition, Richard D. Kellough, ISBN 0-13-170543-1
- Secondary School Teaching: A Guide to Methods and Resources, Third Edition, Richard D. Kellough and Noreen D. Kellough, ISBN 0-13-170930-5
- Teaching and Learning in the Elementary School, Eighth Edition, John Jarolimek, Clifford D. Foster Sr., and Richard D. Kellough, ISBN 0-13-114684-X
- Teaching in the Middle and Secondary Schools, Eighth Edition, Richard D. Kellough and Jioanna Carjuzaa, ISBN 0-13-119373-2
- Teaching Young Adolescents: A Guide to Methods and Resources for Middle School Teaching, Fifth Edition, Richard D. Kellough and Noreen G. Kellough, ISBN 0-13-199617-7
- Your First Year of Teaching: Guidance for Success, Fourth Edition, Richard D. Kellough, ISBN 0-13-613046-1