5.0 out of 5 stars After a year, I bought more!
Published on June 30, 2012 by A. Shepard

2.0 out of 5 stars The socks are very comfortable with my steel toe boots and was going to ...
Following the instructions for washing the socks, after 3-4 washes I started getting holes in the toes. The socks are very comfortable with my steel toe boots and was going to order additional pairs until the holes started to develop.
Published 5 months ago by Artie K

5.0 out of 5 stars After a year, I bought more!, June 30, 2012
This review is from: G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS (Apparel)
My hubby is fairly hard on his work clothes. They wear out quick, and often, we spend the extra in hopes that they last and provide comfort longer. He's on his feet for 12 hour shifts, so this is vital. When I first bought these socks, over a year ago, I was skeptical. They're cheaper than a lot of the other brands per pair, and they're not from a major player like Dickie's or other workwear names. But I'm so glad we tried them.
After a year, these socks are still going. They haven't flattened out, worn thin, or gotten so funk-ified that they can't be used (like other socks did). They still offer good cushion for his steel toed boots, and he has never complained about the comfort lacking.
In fact, the only reason I bought another bag recently? All the other brands of work socks are pretty much rags. Now, these are the only ones in the drawer. Give them a try, they may surprise you, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest socks ever., March 10, 2011
This review is from: G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS (Apparel)
I am a full time paramedic working in a rural setting. These are the best socks I have ever owned for work and everyday wear. They are warm, but breath very well. They are just about as perfect of a sock I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work wear, March 3, 2011
This review is from: G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS (Apparel)
I have to wear steel toe work boots all day at work for 12 hour watches. These socks make my job much more bearable. I am planning on ordering more already.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great socks, April 16, 2011
This review is from: G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS (Apparel)
These are some of the tuffest socks I have ever owned. I wear them with my steel toed boots at work and the boots are much more comfortable with these socks. The only complaint about them I have it the thinkness when trying to wear these socks with other shoes. If your current shoes/boots fit snug now, these socks will make them too tight and uncomfortable to wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars fought over between dad and step dad, lol, February 10, 2010
This review is from: G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS (Apparel)
well i got these socks for my step father for christmas, well since i live an ocean away from anyone in my family, i send all gifts to my sister who distributes them throughout the family. well needless to say, dad went snooping and called me asking if he could have these socks instead of the intended recipeant. The review from my step father is that these socks are a blessing and he does not want to even take them off. he gives it 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and tough!, August 16, 2012
This review is from: G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS (Apparel)
My husband works with concrete and needed some extra toe cushion and such. These socks are the real deal. They are holding up when I wash them and other than the typical dirt stains, they arent falling scrunching or balling up on him. He says they are making a huge difference for toe comfort. Make sure you get these before you buy new boots cuz they are thick and may be too snug if your boots are pretty fitted. Or just hope you can break in a lil more stretch to the leather on your existing boots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, warm boot socks (Not the same category as crew/sneaker socks)., July 21, 2013
This review is from: G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS (Apparel)
Review/comparison of several kinds of cotton socks:

Hanes Crew (Comfort Crew?) - Walmart, ~2012
Uniform thickness but thin, especially after a few months of wear. Wore holes in heel too soon,: after about 1 year. Not satisfied with durability. Would not buy again.

Wigwam Men's King Cotton Crew Length Crew Sock, Sweatshirt Grey Lt., Large - Amazon, $10 for 1 pr. May 2013.
~18" long after washing. Thick. Uniform thickness. Upper seems slightly on the loose side, but doesn't droop down. Not owned long enough to comment on durability. Thicker than Hanes "Double Tough". Had sticker shock when only 1 pair arrived; I had been looking at Wigwam Super 60 Crew which were $12 for 3 pr, then switched to these not realizing it was only 1 pr for $10. My oversight.

>>> Guide Gear Xtreme Steel Toe Work Socks White - Amazon $18 for 6 pr. June 2013.
Boot socks (not really the same category as crew socks for sneakers). ~17" long after washing. Thick. Uniform thickness. Upper elastic is firm. Not owned long enough to comment on durability. Thicker than Hanes "Double Tough." In VERY limited tests walking on wood floors, seems about as cushiony as the Wigwam. Seems warmer than Hanes Crew "Double Tough," maybe too warm in hot weather. I may use these for snow blowing in the winter.

Hanes Crew "Double Tough" sole - Walmart, July 2013, $8 for 6 pr. July 2013.
~15" long before washing. Sole ~2x thicker than top of foot. Not owned long enough to evaluate durability. In VERY limited tests walking on wood floors, seems less cushiony than the Wigwam or Guide Gear Xtreme. Cooler than Guide Gear Xtreme. Available in crew, low cut, white or black. Will probably try these as my new standard summer sock for sneakers.

Evaluated on shoe size 11 feet. All above socks >= 75% cotton and made in USA or North America, I believe.

Other socks:
Military issue, Army boot socks. Green or black.
Sole ~3x thicker than top of foot. Very durable (I have some 30 years old that haven't worn through the sole. Ok, I didn't wear them that often all the years because I was trying to save them, not knowing how I could replace them, but still. Very durable. High nylon content. Warm, knee length. My original inspiration for a more durable pair of commercial crew socks.

5.0 out of 5 stars thickest socks I have ever owned!, March 17, 2012
This review is from: G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS (Apparel)
Comfortable and keeps my feet from feeling tired as I walk on concrete floors at work! Not sure I will able to wear them this summer down here in Texas because they are so thick. Cooler weather they are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks, July 18, 2012
This review is from: G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS (Apparel)
I have had these socks for months now and cannot say enough good things about them . I work on my feet 9 hours a day 5 days a week and these socks really help . VERY cushioned . I have used Thor Lo socks in the past but didn't want to pay the big bucks for them . Got these socks and am very happy with them . After lots of times thru the washer they haven't changed a bit still very soft and cushy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, August 22, 2012
This review is from: G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS (Apparel)
I have worked on concrete floors in work boots for over 20 years and these socks are the best things I ever tried for comfort.
After 3 days of wearing these socks I ordered another dozen pair.

G.G.6PK.XTREME STL TOE SOCKS
$30.00 $17.99
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.