Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on July 11, 2011
We bought this for a camping trip. Was trying to figure out how to rig up a enclosure using stuff around the house (I am very cheap!!) but gave up and ordered this. Was very happy with the purchase. We used it for showering and to hold the luggable loo. The shower worked - we didn't have a branch to hang it from so we put it on a rope strung between two trees so it wasn't very high but it felt great after a sweaty day of hiking. The shelter pops up like the Play Hut toys if you are familiar with those. Would buy again! (See my actual picture!!)
review image
0Comment65 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2011
Maybe the last camper wasn't too experienced? You still need to hang your full camp shower from a tree or something, but the beauty of how easy this is to set up with its super light weight frame is how simple it is to then move your shelter to wherever you need it.

Mine came with instructions, they were folded neatly into one of the accessory pouches that it comes with. But any which way, all you have to do is fold all four sides flat, then bend the top half toward the bottom and begin pulling the "rings" this forms towards you, they'll be in between the folds you just made. After a few seconds of tightening the rings its folded to fit perfectly into it's carry case again.

Nothing magic about the black plastic, it requires six to eight hours of direct sunlight unless you're somewhere warm during the summer, and I'd rest the clear side on something insulating like say a sleeping bag if ambient temperatures are chilly.
55 comments42 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2012
Great quality! I'm scratching my head over some of the other reviews but *shrug*.

This shelter is huge, pops up without trouble and stands by itself. We are using it as a replacement shower while our bathroom is being remodeled. It fits the bill.

We set it up in the basement and have a shower head suspended over the top.

To give this shelter a thorough try-out, we set it up outside, in a 20 mph breeze. After anchoring properly, we had no trouble with it collapsing, falling over, or getting whisked away. We did not try the water bag though.

Mind, our expectation were low since the price of the shelter seemed cheap. But, Man Alive! it is great.

Love it, love it.
0Comment27 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2011
I bought this shelter because it came with a solar shower while most of the others didn't. I went camping up in the mountains and set it up before my tent. The first thing I noticed was how flimsy the material is. You pull it out of the bag and it pops up easy. Then you unfold the sides and stake it into the ground like a tent on all four corners. Then it collapses into itself when a gust of wind comes along. The first couple times I lifted it back up but it kept collapsing into itself so I just left it there unless someone needed to use it. I filled the water bladder about half full because I was wary if the flimsy shelter could hold it up. It couldn't. The second I had the string and pipe up holding it in place the shelter would fall down from the weight. So we ended up just using the shelter as a changing room. The solar shower we hung up from a tree, still half full. And after a couple hours the weight snapped the little plastic hook that keeps it up. So instead we had to lay the thing out on a boulder. Left it out in the sun for about five hours and it was still cold water so I doubt there's anything special about the black plastic covering the one half of the bag. The other half was see through which was nice and I liked the hose and nozzle it came with. After camping putting the shelter away was rather difficult. There were no instructions on how to fold it into the small circle needed to slip into the carrying bag. Instructions would have been helpful.
77 comments53 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2013
Purchased this for a camping trip where there were no showers. VERY easy to pop up and after reading directions (twice) we successfully got it back in the case when done. We parked it next to a tree, and used a tree hanger for a coleman lantern to hang the water bag. Also bought a bamboo shower mat for under our feet. I will use this set up again over state campground showers! Hang the water bag high, or you'll be showering on your knees.
on July 7, 2013
nicely packaged, easy to use and priced right. very useful beside our Sprinter RV for a shower after a mountain bike ride.
on June 6, 2013
I bought this as a shower enclosure for camping. I like that it includes a solar shower (which must be hung from a tree, not the shelter frame) and that it is easy to set up and break down. As other reviewers have stated it is very flimsy and will not stand up to any breeze. It is great for scenarios where there is no wind.
on June 10, 2013
We needed a portable, lightweight changing room for dance events. This is large enough that three dancers were able to change at the same time!
on July 23, 2012
Setup Easy, Teardown is another story need to get rid of those too dark fotos instructions and at least goto drawing... After settting up slight wind blew it over... Fixed problem with adjustable bungee balls.... stayed up all week.(Should Come In Kit) Also used it as a shower, Dries real fast! All Is Good After my fix....
on July 18, 2013
My husband and I enjoy fishing a lot the only problem was where to use the restroom. We live in a rural area but there are always other people fishing near by so, privacy is an issue for me. Solution...A pop up privacy. This product pops up fast and is so easy to fold down. The top of the Pop up is open with a small mesh window at the top to look out of on one side. At each of the four corners of the pop up is a loop where you can stake (stakes were included) the tent to the ground so, it won't blow over in the wind. The bottom of the pop up tent is also open. We use a 5 gallon bucket with a plastic trash bag for the potty. I have even used it on our fishing boat in the middle of the lake. Our portable potty is a big hit with our friends too. Everyone has to go sooner or later...right? Every girl needs a private place to do her business. UPDATE: We have had this popup tent for several months now. we are building our cabin in the woods and, we use this ALL THE TIME. It's an item that if anything were to ever happen to mine I would immediately replace it with a new one. I can't do without it now. we take ours with us everywhere. It folds down very flat and takes up little room. Greatest thing since sliced bread...I would give up sliced bread before I'd give up my popup privacy tent. Just saying.