4.0 out of 5 stars Nice application
Published 14 months ago by KingOfAutumn

3.0 out of 5 stars Guidebook to the Dessert Southwest Methodist Conference
This was easy to difficult to download based on your device. Didn't have any trouble getting it on my phone or kindle or laptop. Most people had difficulty downloading it and getting it to up date on tablets.
using it for twitter was useless
Those who got it to work loved it. NO PAPER!
Published 5 months ago by Ellen P Brooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice application, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Guidebook (App)
I downloaded this because the convention I was going to for a weekend recommended it for people who planned on going to panels. It would have been more helpful if I had downloaded it on my phone rather than my kindle, because my phone was in my pocket and my kindle was in my bag, preventing me from hearing or seeing any updates. It's a very good app, and would probably use it again. Despite not using it much, it did give me an idea of when and what would be going on and I did appreciate the convention site telling me about it. It has a nice, clean and easy-to-understand layout. It's a very professional looking app. Very nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tool, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Guidebook (App)
This was the first conference I attended that offered their material on Guidebook. It was very handy to keep the schedule (including my personal selections from the concurrent tracks) on my Kindle Fire. I was also able to access conference materials, like abstracts for many of the presentations while they were being presented.
It worked well, although one of the event reminders kept popping up days in advance trying to tell me I was missing a reception.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wanted this for years, January 23, 2013
Charlie B (New Hampshire usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guidebook (App)
For years at conventions I have wanted hyper linked schedules. This is amazing, can be searched in any number of ways, and even automatically updates as the schedules change. It can set up personal schedules for just what you are interested in, or can remove events you are not interested in. Includes maps, but at the event I was at they were not hyper-linked to the schedule. It even has lists and links for nearby restaurants. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Guidebook for Conference, May 28, 2013
This review is from: Guidebook (App)
I am the conference organizer and we have used Guidebook for two years now and we behind the scenes people as well as our attendees love it. It works on all my devices -- iPhone and Kindle -- and I haven't heard any complaint about incompatibility on anything. I highly recommend this app to conference organizers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for when you're on a trip, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Guidebook (App)
Bought this for when I went to a convention in LA. Seriously made my visiting experience at that convention so much easier. Much more efficient for getting last minute updates to chances in convention schedules than going around looking for printed handouts of updated schedules. I consider it invaluable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Guidebook to the Dessert Southwest Methodist Conference, June 29, 2014
using it for twitter was useless
Those who got it to work loved it. NO PAPER!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool!, October 5, 2014
This review is from: Guidebook (App)
This was excellent. I planned my days, found my way around our conference venue and was able to stay on top of cancelled and postponed events. I love that I could check my own schedule and receive reminders about when and where to go next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ease of guidebook makes it great., June 8, 2013
This review is from: Guidebook (App)
Helpful tool, as long as vendors keep the sepfic guides current and up to date. Great to not have carry and dog- ear a paper guide, makes for much less waste as well. Who knew I was going to enjoy the ease of it best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but I am not impressed, November 26, 2014
This review is from: Guidebook (App)
I downloaded the information between number of parks and one airport and so far I am not impressed . From what I can see all of the information that is available on this app can be found for free at each venue's website . It is of course nice to have all of the information in one location namely my Kindle fire but I had hoped for something more , instead I actually got less . For example when I went to view the map of Mount Rainier Park the edge of a map was cut off on all four sides so I could not see the entrances to the park and only got a partial view of the trails and roads. Whereas if you download that map directly from the government website you can access the entire map . I have not use this in a convention atmosphere, perhaps it is better for that . On the positive side it is an attractive app and easy to navigate . Negative for me is that the app wants you to sign in . Normally I would delete session app but somehow I managed to get into the app and use it without signing in , which which had me continue using the app . I also read the "permissions" (??) material and was disappointed to see that by signing up they would want my credit card information . Why they would require or need my credit card information is beyond me and if that is required to access the app in the future I will delete it .

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm pretty happy., March 14, 2013
This review is from: Guidebook (App)
Though it could use some tweeks to improve overall performance .. it does do what it promises. I have only used it at two conventions but I'm willing to use it again.

Guidebook