Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 17, 2013
Beginners and seasoned collectors need this book. An annual that's been around since 1947, this book gives any bit of information you could want about U.S. coins--mintage figures, rarities, collecting info, up-to-date prices, inc. auction prices. There's also a lot about coins that an average person wouldn't think of, such as a section on pattern coins, coins struck for the Philippines, and privately issued gold coins minted during the Gold Rush. A team of experts puts this book together every year, so this book is a trusted reference. Anyone interested in coins should have a copy.
on April 12, 2013
This is a must have book for any U.S. coin collector. You get history and recent prices to avoid getting ripped off or to know what you could sell coins for. I'm also a fan that this year's book not only had the free quarter folder redemption card but also a code to get 2 months of the online Red Book for free.
on August 13, 2013
This is obviously a standard reference book for coin values. Unfortunately, the Kindle edition is almost illegible in key areas. The coin values in most cases are depicted in an image rather than text. The image is very pixelated and very hard to make out, especially if enlarged. If you're interested in buying coins, get the paper book, not the Kindle edition.
on August 20, 2013
I have purchased the red book several times over the past 17 years and it is really the most informative book I have seen for the novice coin collector that is out there. The color photos really add to the appeal of the book and the grading scale value estimates seem to be quite accurate with coin dealers and coin shows. I will keep buying the Official Red Book as I have never been disappointed by it yet. A great book for any coin lover, and I strongly recommend!
on April 28, 2013
This is a great manual for research and education. The prices and information are excellent. It also gives you great advice about how to grade coins that can make even the novice collector much more savvy when buying and selling.
on August 10, 2013
I have used this "red book" series for years. It has the essential info on all the US coins and in an easy to carry and easy to use format. Beginners and jaded veteran collectors all refer to this book.
on July 6, 2013
If you are a collector of coins, this is needed to get the correct price for the coin. Anyone would love this book
on February 20, 2014
I was in a hurry and got the Kindle version of this and the value tables are not adjusted for Kindle. Even making print as large as I can I need a magnifying glass. I would do it again though, I needed the info. I am going to download to my 10" tablet for future reference, get the print bigger. I highly suggest getting the paper version of it. The Book itself is excellent as ever and I wouldn't use any other. The 3 stars is more about Kindle edition flaws. They should modify the Kindle edition for easier reading.
on September 26, 2014
If you are just getting started in coin collecting, or are an experienced collector and need a little help on an obscure specimen, the Guidebook can give you all the information you will need. If you are a very experienced collector with a very extensive collection or a long-time collector with a very narrow focus, you probably know all the information in this book with respect to your specialties. It is a useful source. I buy this every few years and learn something new with every purchase (I do not buy every year because I am not as active in the market as I once was). Because the coin market is a dynamic market, and the pricing information in the guidebook had to be gathered some time before printing, it is, by definition, dated (although not badly). It is a useful starting point and I rarely buy or sell coins without at least briefly looking at the entry for the coins in question.
on January 14, 2014
Bought my Dad a tablet for Christmas and downloaded the Kindle app. He likes to collect coins. While visiting his home last summer, I looked around to see what coin books he had laying around to determine which ones he might like on his new tablet. He had an older copy of this book (as well as the Official Numismatic Association Grading Standards for US Coins) and I was able to find a newer version of each to download onto the tablet. He is still in the learning curve to use a tablet, and how to get around reviewing a book on Kindle. As far as the book content, since he had the paper copy to start with (sitting out next to his chair), this would be a book that he references regularly. When he opened his Christmas present and I showed him the Kindle app and what books were there for him, he was VERY happy with what he saw.

Recommended.