5.0 out of 5 stars Much needed guide, December 7, 2009
This review is from: Checks for Vets A Guidebook to Help Wartime Veterans and Their Surviving Spouses Receive VA Pensions (Paperback)
This is a very clearly organized and informative guide for veterans and their families to use to obtain benefits that are little known and understood. It provides a practical, step by step tutorial, including what a properly filled out form looks like to guide someone through the process. It also provides information for different levels of benefits. As a Director of Admissions at Passavant Retirement Community in Zelienople, PA, I have witnessed families become overwhelmed by the process and the volume of information they need to provide - this book is a life raft to them in their time of need. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help for Vets and Their Spouses, March 4, 2010
Joe McCarthy provides a vast amount of easy to understand information about benefits available to our nation's veterans and their surviving spouse in "Checks for VETs", and answers hundreds of questions asked by veterans and their families. This wonderful guidebook is a great resource and will complement anyone's library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Checks for Vets, February 7, 2010
I found this book very informative. It outlines every step needed to attain the benefits our vets are entitled to. It is carefully researched and written for all to understand. Checks for Vets helps our vets and their families achieve a better lifestyle (that they so deserve) if or when they get sick.

This guide is a MUST resource whether you need help now or possibly in the future. I bought it to keep close to me for future use.

Thanks Joe for taking the time to write such a great book that helps so many people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Checks for Vets, June 30, 2010
I was in the middle of trying to apply for this pension for my 85 year old mother. My father was a World War II Veteran. I had already done the 1st application for the Aid and Attendance penison. Had several more forms to try and figure out. This book was invaluable in helping me complete the forms. I now feel confident that she will be approved for this pension. It means the difference between living in a medicaid nursing home and being able to live in a nice assisted living home.

My father earned this right and I'm so thankful for his heroic service to our country. I now know that my husband and two brother in-laws (all Vietnam Vets) along with myself and my sisters will qualify for this penison later. This information is worth everything to us all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up for Checks for Vets!!, February 8, 2010
Joe's book has step-by-step guidelines to simplify a complicated process to obtain a VA pension. The sample completed forms and corresponding instructions are very helpful.
The book also features a national directory of veteran service officers who can file the claim for the pension. If you're a wartime service veteran
or a surviving spouse who needs assisted living or home care, or would like to plan for it, this is your book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Checks for Vets is very helpful, October 1, 2012
Checks for Vets A Guidebook to Help Wartime Veterans and Their Surviving Spouses Receive VA PensionsThis book has been a lifesaver. It explains things in a very clear and understandable manner. It will help me in assisting veterans with pension claims.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Book for Vets and Spouses, August 5, 2011
Bill Corder (Sanford, North Carolina, US) - See all my reviews
If one wasn't very well informed on veterans benifits this book would be a godsend. Great information on in home care and skilled nursing facilitys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Checks for Vets worth the money, April 12, 2011
I read checks for vets for my 91 year old WW II veteran father. I filled out the application on line and then printed it off. Went to the local veterans affairs office with completed form. was very helpful at that meeting as I had all information they needed. There is money there just for the asking, shame more people don't know about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars interpretation of VA rules, March 28, 2011
Trixie (Durham, NC) - See all my reviews
I bought this book to help me understand the information on the VA website for my elderly father who is a veteran of the Korean War (stationed in Germany). It is a well written book that clearly interprets government-speak. (Unfortunately, my father does not qualify for any benefits under his current situation.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best books for Vets, May 15, 2014
If you're a vet get then these of the books that you need to get to help you get the money that is deserved for you guys.

$19.95 $19.54