Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on December 19, 2010
This GAD-25 is made to be played as the slogan goes. It's durable, and doesn't get out of tune like some guitars do. Tryed this out recently, so I bought one. Ya, it's handcrafted in china, but I did try to find an American guitar for this price and sound, but could not.
Hope this helps you buy your first Guild.
on September 2, 2011
I have never been more pleased with a guitar purchase. The sound is incredible. The delivery was quick. The hard case and packaging was sturdy. My new Guild sounds better than the Martin I purchased just a couple of weeks before (and the Martin sounded great, too, by the way).
on August 8, 2011
I want to start by explaining that my low rating has absolutely nothing to do with the actual quality of this guitar. My problem lies solely with the inflated MSRP shown for this guitar.

I am not sure who is responsible for fictitiously advertising the MSRP (manufactures suggested retail price) as being $1899 on this guitar when in fact the REAL MSRP that was set by Guild is only $899.99, but it's just not good business.

Yes I realize nobody pays MSRP, but when you fictitiously advertise the MSRP $1000 higher than it is supposed to be, then it is only common sense that the markdown will look much larger than it really is which will entice some people into buying the guitar because of the inflated savings alone when if it was marked properly those same people would not even look twice at it. Yes, I am one of those people who gets attracted to a perceived bargain. Tn this case however, the preconceived bargain has no real merit.

Both 8th Street Music and Amazon almost had me fooled into thinking that their retail price was $1400.99 less than the MSRP making the illusion of a 74% discount, when in reality it is really only a 44% discount, which is only 11% lower than the average retail street price of $599.99. Please do not be fooled by this fake mark down trick. Do your home work thoroughly before finalizing the sale of this instrument.

The guitar itself is very, very nice for a Chinese built guitar but with that being said, there are many brands today that offer the same Chinese luthierie, the identical solid Mahogany wood, the same dreadnought body style, and similar appointments for the same money and in some cases, even a little less if on sale. Do some research and you'll usually find If it looks too good to be true, 98% of the time it is.

I am quite sure that if someone contacted Guild to make them aware of this practice, they certainly would not advocate it and more than likely would not be real pleased with either Amazon or 8th Street Music or both. This is a sales tactic a nickle and dime used car salesman would use...NOT a Multi-Billion dollar company. I absolutely love Amazon the company, but this is wrong and needed to be pointed out. Sorry

I also want to point out that 8thstreetmusic has this same guitar listed for sale on eBay as well for the same retail of $499 but they didn't put the MSRP of $1899 in their eBay ad. Why you ask? Simple, if someone bought the guitar and found out they put the incorrect MSRP in their ad to make the mark down appear huge when it really isn't, they would get hit with a negative feedback from the buyer and most likely be reported to eBay for unfair sales tactics where eBay could at their discretion suspend their selling account if they chose to do so. They simply wouldn't dare try that on eBay as they obviously know better but selling on Amazon for some of these sellers must seem like shooting fish in a barrel.

I am sure when asked, both parties will simply state it was an honest mistake and in total fairness to both of them, perhaps it was.
0Comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse