Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Guild Wars 2 [Online Game Code] forum

Guild Wars 2 Early Access

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 25, 2012 6:20:20 AM PDT
Darkshadow says:
So, I finally decided, about 8 hours before the pre-release 3 day head start, to purchase Guild Wars 2. I downloaded it last night, updated, and sat idle, waiting for the (at that time) 5 hours to expire.

The next morning...

I click the login button... I get an error message, suggesting it might be my firewall. I close GW2, check out my settings, try again. This time, the updater (which I had let stay up all night) now won't even update. I simply get a new message, "Connection Error(s) detected. Retrying..."

And here we are. Early access - DENIED.

So, I purposefully avoided the beta period. I am viewing this as being, for all intents and purposes, a full released game. Is this the way it is going to be? Is this it? Access denied?

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 4:26:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 27, 2012 4:53:19 AM PDT
DaveT says:
Me and my daughter and her friend all got pre-purchase download copies and were able to log in fine on Friday 23rd Aug, 2012 at 9pm PST 3hrs before the official start time. The many servers all went quickly to high populations. It was incredible how many people were on. Considering the huge population, everything worked quite well.

I think people going in at certain times may have got error messages. I thnk I got the same error you did once when trying to make a 3rd new character - at the point I was submitting my Character name to the server for approval. I just kept trying and it eventually worked.

We never had login problems all through the weekend. You must have just had bad timing. Or perhaps you did install incorrectly?

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 3:20:42 AM PDT
I. B. says:
Did you buy the standard edition of the digital deluxe? because only the digital deluxe actually offered early access.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 4:24:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2012 4:27:53 AM PDT
DaveT says:
I bought the standard edition but the early access standard edition [[ASIN:B008MAYXI0: Guild Wars 2 [Download]]] has been replaced by the no early access Guild Wars 2 since it is past launch date.

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 7:46:19 PM PDT
D. Nearing says:
if you purchase digital copy now do you still get sent a hard copy of the game ?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 3:16:51 PM PDT
DaveT says:
No. That is the whole point of a digital copy. Instant access and no waste - cardboard, plastic, shipping and other useless stuff that is just a burden on the environment. Besides, the game code is being update so often the CD would be way out of date.

The only reason to get a physical copy is if you want the figurines and other stuff in the collectors edition and therefore you need to buy the pricey collectors edition.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 25, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about