Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on February 16, 2014
Being retired, I have plenty of time to spend on a hobby that I have always wanted to try. The Douglas DC3 is my fourth model plane. And it is the best kit I have attempted yet. Take your time, be as exacting as you can, and you will end up with a very large piece you can be proud of. ( I think youngsters would find it quite frustrating and give up too soon.)

The only flaw I found is that the "laser-cut pieces" need a lot of notch cutting. And the "prop" they include is a joke. Go to a hobby store and buy a couple of good plastic propellers if you want it to look right. I liked the photo on the box of an uncovered frame. So I spray painted it olive drab, did the props in silver, and hung it without the skin. Everyone who sees it comments on how great it looks and that they had no idea on how complex the detail of the frame actually is. (Just a suggestion, buy some Loctite Super Glue. Sets up fast and creates a strong bond!) TAS
on May 19, 2013
this kit is as the name implies an oldie but goody. It is an accurate model of this classic. You should have some experience building this type of model. I want to convert this to electric powered RC. The seller did an excellent job of filling this order. I will buy more of this type of model from this seller.
on December 17, 2013
Its is a great plane and the plans and instructions are fine. My problem is, not all the parts are included. Half of the parts for the Fin/ Rudder is missing and about a third of the center wing sections are not here. So far that's it but I haven`t started on the fuselage yet. So far I have been able to make my own parts but I don`t think I should have to.
on August 11, 2012
I bought this as a distraction and as an educational tool for my son. These kits require patience to build and require a few specialized tools. It was my hope to involve my 5 year old son but, it is really pretty beyond him, so, he mostly watched. I will get something a little less complicated and that does not require glue or dope.
on April 17, 2013
The delivery was excellent. All the parts arrived as promised. The model is fun to build. It lacks many building details. Previous balsa build experience is required to finish the model.
on May 12, 2015
I haven't purchased this kit or even plan on it, but I would like to pose a question for those who have and are complaining about missing pieces......why haven't you called the manufacture and asked them to send them to you???? Wouldn't that be easier than scratch building???? I really think you should have done that to begin with instead of complaining.....btw, before anyone makes the suggestion....I have no affiliation with Guillows
on May 4, 2015
The model seems like it will turn out well. Unfortunately, pieces were missing (the entire rudder section) that I had to make out of scrap.
on January 30, 2013
Model showed very quickly. All piece where accounted for. I will be purchasing another model when I complete this one.
on June 2, 2014
and have them set up as invasion craft. They are connected with tow cable. Thank you, Cliff Carmer Looking forward to my next plane.
on January 3, 2015
Very nice Kit, high quality balsa wood. Looking forward to start working on
it.